Charlotte - Ayumi Otosaka Character Discussion

Maybe they want us to think that she’s dead with the pv… Actually she’s badly hurt, but alive. And later on they will find someone with healing powers

After thinking about it for a while, my theory is that she’s not dead, but she’s in a kind of coma in which she can’t control her ability, and the anime will be centered on trying to make her come back before she destroy everything. I could be very wrong though. In my opinion it would make no sense to kill her in an anime where one of the main characters literally allows dead people to use her body,thus why I think she is alive.

I don’t think she’s dead. I mean, we didn’t even see her body. And if she is, (CLANNAD ~ After Story spoiler) is it possible for Ayumi to create the illusionary world that Ushio created for her own purposes ?

Also. (Little Busters! ~ Refrain, and CLANNAD ~ After story spoiler) Basically, Little Busters somewhat, you can say, had a reset. Since the days kept going in the artificial world, yet little to no time had passed in the real world. Same thing for CLANNAD, time kept going, and the illusionary world made the time reset so Nagisa could live again I’m not really surprised if something like that happens in Charlotte.

I don’t think it’s anything of that nature, I think she is either A. Dead or B. Captured by scientists.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised, but I’m not sure I would like it either

Im just wondering. But what is Ayumi’s translated name, meaning ?

In japanese, her name is 歩未. It doesn’t mean anything literally, but it usesthe kanji for “walk” and “not yet”, respectively

At the beginning of Charlotte, I thought that the way Ayumi’s overly positive attitude, when seemed kinda disconnected from reality was due to Yuu’s treatment. He kept lying to her for his own convenience, never telling her he didn’t actually like pizza sauce anymore, for example.
But I guess I was wrong. That’s just how Ayumi is. She’s always smiling happily in any situation, unless it’s a situation where her life is in immediate danger.

I think she’s overworked but tries to hide it for Yuu. Hence the sickness. Hence “collapse.”

That would make a lot of sense. But we didn’t get any hints that would suggest it. Not even tiny hints via screenplay, like looking dejected or tired for a second while Yuu isn’t looking. Those would be very easy to make. If she’s really hiding her physical and mental fatigue, she’s incredibly good at it. She was all happy-go-lucky in the research facility as well. If her overly positive attitude is just a front, then everything we believe to know about her personality is a lie. We would have to question her… slow-wittedness as well.

2 Likes

The typical overworking anime character would have tried going to school way earlier than she did, and would have probably tried to do more around the house even when she was sick. A good example is Kaede from Shuffle, sick or not she forced herself to keep trying to help Rin even when she was barely conscious. When Ayumi was sick she stayed in bed and only went to school when she felt 100% better. That’s responsible, but not overworking. I myself never thought for a second she was forcing herself to do anything she couldn’t handle.

I don’t think Ayumi trying to go to school was overworking herself either. The whole reason she wanted to go was because staying at home all day was boring, right? I think the same principle applies to her household chores as well, at least to an extent. She works hard cooking for Yuu and stuff, but I think a big part of her does it because she finds it fun. She seems like the type who can’t sit still doing nothing for long, and what many of us would consider work, she considers a source of entertainment. That’s just my interpretation, though.

1 Like

Ayumi Dakimakura

No :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh… yeah… I saw an ad for that in animate a few days ago…

I kind of erased it from my memory, y’see ^^

Aww, one of the sides should have been sauce. Just a big splat of sauce.

She is pretty easy to forget. Huh, I think that was the theme they focused on when making the show… “Easy to forget.”

2 Likes

Boring, it’s not even that lewd.

You’ll also get a free surprise visit from an overly protective one-eyed grim reaper.

2 Likes