Celebrate Rewrite this week with a ton of new releases

A pretty exciting time for Rewrite fans this week, as we’re having new release after new release, one after another! Is this in preparation for the Rewrite anime’s finale this Saturday? Maybe! But with all these releases makes it a perfect time for Rewrite fans to celebrate. First up is the release of Rewrite Vol. 7 on Blu-ray/DVD! Released last Wednesday, on March 22, this volume contains the last two episodes of Rewrite season 1, thus making it the finale release. Pretty exciting, and with a really pretty cover art too, as you can see above. This release contains the disc box with an outer an inner cover specially drawn, along with the disc of episodes 12 and 13, a special bonus booklet, and the second Key Animation booklet, continuing from Volume 3’s release. (Image taken from the Rewrite anime’s official Twitter account) If you’re curious for this release, you can easily pick it up at CD Japan (BD/DVD). Here’s hoping you were able to pre-order it early, as fans who ordered volumes 1-7 together would have received their bonus items by this time. Also released last Wednesday, March 22, were the singles Last Desire and Instincts, the opening and ending songs, respectively, of Rewrite Terra. We’ve covered the basic info in our previous article, but notable now is the reveal of the second track of the Instincts CD, entitled Cradles Tale with lyrics by Kai, composition by Donmaru and, of course, vocals by Mizutani Runa! You can grab both Last Desire and Instincts also on CD Japan! A day after these anime releases, came another new release for the Rewrite visual novel: Rewrite for PS4, released on March 23! Previously announced at Tokyo Game Show last year, this marks Key’s very first release for PS4! Here’s to hoping for more releases from here on out. The PS4 version of Rewrite includes all modifications to the main game introduced in Rewrite+; yes, including the updated scenarios and new CGs. Unfortunately, it does not include Rewrite Harvest Festa in the game, so you’ll have to rely on your PC for that release for now. Since it just released, you might even be able to grab the first press bonus item: a drama CD entitled “Chiisana Shiawase wo Motomete” (Looking for a Small Happiness). Rewrite PS4 is available internationally from CD Japan and amiami, both of which still seem to have the bonus drama CD available. And our last release for this week is a set of Rewrite stickers for popular messaging app, LINE! After the release of stickers for Clannad, Angel Beats, Charlotte, planetarian, and even Little Busters (in a sense), it was a no-brainer that Rewrite would be the next set, what with the anime finishing up. Well, the wait is finally over, and the Rewrite stickers are here, featuring almost every character in the Rewrite universe. These stickers were illustrated by Tensho himself, the director of the currently airing Rewrite anime. Who knew he could draw so well? These stickers can be picked up from the creator’s market, available internationally, for approximately $1 USD for the entire set. Grab it by clicking this link. And that’s a wrap for this week’s set of releases. 4 big releases over the course of one week is something worth celebrating. And we hope you can join us in wrapping up the celebration by catching the grand finale of Rewrite, airing on Saturday, March 25, at 4PM UTC, either on Crunchyroll or Daisuki. It’s the grand end of Terra, and although it might be the end of anything new for Rewrite for now, you can be sure that it’ll be a while before Rewrite allows itself to stop doing it over and doing it better.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/celebrate-rewrite-week-ton-new-releases/
1 Like

Great article @Pepe! Sad to see the anime coming to an end, but god damn I love these line stickers.

2 Likes

I’m still not emotionally prepared to see the anime end aaaaaaaaaaaa ;-;

The full versions of the two theme songs are definitely worth checking out! The parts that their TV Size versions cut out involves much richer instrumentals, making for very engaging listen.

Last Desire has some really good piano and bass parts that you should check out when the track enters the second verse. The percussion is also very cool and I like how it plays around a lot. The guitar riffs during the bridge parts awesome! Shinji Orito’s composition is still methodical as always, but I like how he played with the key signature here (Transposing mid-chorus? Woah!). I also like how the bridge sounded really kind, I dunno. The only thing I didn’t like about the song was that the bridge didn’t transition organically to the final chorus, but that didn’t bother me much. Maon Kurosaki’s vocals is powerful enough to handle the heavy instrumentals, and has a very pleasant voice too. I like this track a lot.

My problem with Instincts is still here (Runa Mizutani still sounded a little too shrill here), but her convincingly emotional performance and that really gorgeous instrumental more than makes up for it. I simply cannot emphasize enough how beautiful the instrumental sounds, which is expected of Yuuichirou Tsukagoshi. The entering of the rhythmic percussion starting the second verse is a nice touch, too, and one that reminds me of Towa no Hoshi e. And I like Towa no Hoshi e. I did thought that Mizutani’s pausing near the end of the track as the running square lead entered, then singing the last syllable felt a little cheesy, but that’s fine. Overall, I like this track.

Those LINE stickers are adorable. Tenshou makes some really nice art. :3

As for the BD, I think this is my favorite box art by Hinoue. Kotarou looks nice there (and I’m pretty sure they just put Kagari there for the sake of having a waifu on the cover haha). Nonaka’s art looks nice as always. I kinda want to see the BD version of Episode 12 just to see how that scene visually fared if not for the extreme derp.

2 Likes

LINE stickers are not available in my country tho :ehhh:

I didn’t mention it in the article btw since no confirmation, but this BD cover might just be the last official Hinoue Key art ever. Just speculation but I’m kinda expecting the S2 BDs to be anime art (much like what happened with LitBus BD art). So yeah, it is indeed amazing art and quite befitting.

Does LINE hate indonesia? :sad:

1 Like

Indonesia (probably) will get another version of Rewrite Line Sticker like Charlotte

1 Like

Ohhh what kind of version did they get for charlotte???

when others got the anime version, indonesian got the chibi one

Ah… Well the anime version was actually japan only. The chibi version was also available internationally…

You need to get someone to gift you the stickers, heh

I see. My mistakes… :stuck_out_tongue:

I got to listen to the B-side tracks now, and they’re both really nice. Ignis Memory’s composition is even more methodical than Last Desire, which is expected of a B-side track (though it’s like the mobage theme), but it’s nice to listen to, and the instrumentation itself is still quite intricate. Maon Kurosaki performs really well.

Though I think my favorite track between the four right now is Cradles Tale. It might just be because I’ve been feeling unwell recently, but this is so fun to listen to, just the perfect song after a tiring day. I like how relaxing it is, but at the same time, so cheerful. So orange and powapowa. :happy: Runa Mizutani still sounds a bit shrill here, but she performs with such enthusiasm I can’t help but like it.

1 Like