Ask a Key fan!

Amazon Japan is generally trustworthy when it comes to the stuff they have available, especially if, like that item you posted, it is fulfilled by them. Of course, you would have to decipher the moonrunes to figure out the actual condition of the package. But hey if you do decide to get it, a proxy definitely would help.

1 Like

I installed the Kanon patch and the EXE file but all I see is the menu and the text box no picture and the audio doesn’t work even though I turned it up on the settings to max.

It sounds like maybe your Kanon folder is missing a bunch of stuff. Check your G00 folder within the Kanon directory, it should be about 290MB in size. Is yours that same size or considerably lower?

It says it has 138 files in that folder and 9068 KB so my guess is no? I got it from the site that was linked on this site and I also got the Standard Patch from here too in this forum and how do I put the all age files I pasted them in the patch EXE . Will that work?

Umm… Do you have Kanon installed? You need to have installed the Japanese version of the game, and then the patch needs to be installed to the Kanon directory.

I do have kanon installed but its the English I got from the translator site. Where do I get the Japanese Rar files?

What you got is an unofficial patch. It doesn’t work on it’s own, it requires the original Kanon game which has only been published in Japanese.

You can find it in Amazon and probably other places too. Check that the version you get is Standard Edition, as that seems to be the one that works best with the patch.

I think I will wait for it to come to Steam .

I honestly don’t think Kanon will ever be on steam though.

2 Likes

Two things.

First of all, about the Harmonia ost.

Does anyone know what these tracks’ titles translate too? (Not a tongue twister).
Obviously they’re in (probably) Latin for the most part, although the last one is clearly Japanese.
I might be able to hazard a guess what they mean, but I can’t tell for most of them.

Secondly, about Kud Wafter. Having played all the Key games with any kind of translation, the only two I’ve never played are Angel Beats and Kud Wafter. Angel Beats is a given, but I wanted to ask about whether Kud Wafter is even worth waiting for. I’ve heard bad things about it, but find it hard to believe Key could screw up so badly.

1 Like

As for Kud Wafter… There are very few people here who have actually read it. The only people who come to mind who have read it are @HeliosAlpha and @Rin.

Also @SuikaShoujo

Well, more accurately, I STARTED Kud Wafter. It was boring enough that I still have yet to finish it.

I tried starting Kud Wafter in a phase of pure madness…

But my computer went “you shouldn’t do that” and kept glitching out no matter what downloads I’d try for the game. It protected me…

“In for a penny, in for a pound.”

If you’re going to read Kud Wafter, you’ll need the AlphaROM crack to bypass the region lock. You should find it online without much trouble along with instructions on how to use it.

1 Like

It was years ago. I’ve lost whatever curiosity I had since then. :yahaha:

And I’d done that, but for some reason it really just closed itself out of nowhere at random times.

I’m looking at the official VisualArts channel on my TV. And I saw two HD openings of the Kanon and Air games.

Kanon’s opening clearly did not receive any special treatment, the images are very blurr. I feel until she was stretched to stand in HD and widescreen.

But the opening of AIR is beautiful, you can see that it has been fixed to 16:9, not stretched. And the images are clear.

What I want to get here is: Is there going to be an upgraded version of AIR? I’d really like to know before i start playing the old version in 640x480… :ahaha:

Wow I could actually do better in like a couple hours. The Opening is even rendered in-engine, all you have to do is scale the cgs and change some numbers.

Edit: I did this in the most inefficient way I could think of - frame-by-frame in Photoshop. I even manually masked everything to make it as terrible and janky looking as possible. It still looks more professional.

1 Like

Wow… really, it was much nicer, thanks for your effort!

See, that AIR opening is from the PSVita port, which actually did have upscaled, HD resolution for the movie, sprites, and everything else!

Kanon, on the other hand, feels like they just uploaded whatever raw copy they had (which was probably 480p, considering 1999 standards)

1 Like