Ask a Key fan!

I do have kanon installed but its the English I got from the translator site. Where do I get the Japanese Rar files?

What you got is an unofficial patch. It doesn’t work on it’s own, it requires the original Kanon game which has only been published in Japanese.

You can find it in Amazon and probably other places too. Check that the version you get is Standard Edition, as that seems to be the one that works best with the patch.

I think I will wait for it to come to Steam .

I honestly don’t think Kanon will ever be on steam though.

2 Likes

Two things.

First of all, about the Harmonia ost.

Does anyone know what these tracks’ titles translate too? (Not a tongue twister).
Obviously they’re in (probably) Latin for the most part, although the last one is clearly Japanese.
I might be able to hazard a guess what they mean, but I can’t tell for most of them.

Secondly, about Kud Wafter. Having played all the Key games with any kind of translation, the only two I’ve never played are Angel Beats and Kud Wafter. Angel Beats is a given, but I wanted to ask about whether Kud Wafter is even worth waiting for. I’ve heard bad things about it, but find it hard to believe Key could screw up so badly.

1 Like

As for Kud Wafter… There are very few people here who have actually read it. The only people who come to mind who have read it are @HeliosAlpha and @Rin.

Also @SuikaShoujo

Well, more accurately, I STARTED Kud Wafter. It was boring enough that I still have yet to finish it.

I tried starting Kud Wafter in a phase of pure madness…

But my computer went “you shouldn’t do that” and kept glitching out no matter what downloads I’d try for the game. It protected me…

“In for a penny, in for a pound.”

If you’re going to read Kud Wafter, you’ll need the AlphaROM crack to bypass the region lock. You should find it online without much trouble along with instructions on how to use it.

1 Like

It was years ago. I’ve lost whatever curiosity I had since then. :yahaha:

And I’d done that, but for some reason it really just closed itself out of nowhere at random times.

I’m looking at the official VisualArts channel on my TV. And I saw two HD openings of the Kanon and Air games.

Kanon’s opening clearly did not receive any special treatment, the images are very blurr. I feel until she was stretched to stand in HD and widescreen.

But the opening of AIR is beautiful, you can see that it has been fixed to 16:9, not stretched. And the images are clear.

What I want to get here is: Is there going to be an upgraded version of AIR? I’d really like to know before i start playing the old version in 640x480… :ahaha:

Wow I could actually do better in like a couple hours. The Opening is even rendered in-engine, all you have to do is scale the cgs and change some numbers.

Edit: I did this in the most inefficient way I could think of - frame-by-frame in Photoshop. I even manually masked everything to make it as terrible and janky looking as possible. It still looks more professional.

1 Like

Wow… really, it was much nicer, thanks for your effort!

See, that AIR opening is from the PSVita port, which actually did have upscaled, HD resolution for the movie, sprites, and everything else!

Kanon, on the other hand, feels like they just uploaded whatever raw copy they had (which was probably 480p, considering 1999 standards)

1 Like

So about Summer Pockets

I’m aware about the release date and the official website for the game but i’m confused whether or not pre orders are available open to public on their website or do I have to buy the game physically/online on the day of release.

Maybe i’m just be bad at looking, however the only place (that I know of) who holds pre orders for the game is amiami at the moment

Asking about the physical copy for Summer Pockets (and any “special” edition of the game if there is any announced)

Preorders are actually already open on some websites (getchu, for example, is one). I’m sure that, as the release date comes closer, more and more online stores will have them up for grabs, so I guess just keep patient~

1 Like

Talking about kanon’s opening ( don’t know if I should post it here) it had the highest like to dislike ratio on YouTube i had ever seen. It was like some 8 months ago.

1 Like

Dividing by zero and you will end up breaking the key universe :ahaha: I’m sure kotomi can confirm this

1 Like

Be aware that pre-order bonuses have not been revealed yet, the prices on each site will vary drastically depending on the pre-order bonuses they end up having. They have been extremely slow with it for some reason.

5 Likes