[APRIL FOOLS] Angel Beats Season 2 Announced!

That’s right, a second season of Angel Beats has been announced today by Dengeki G’s! The new story follows Kanade Tenshi in her new life after reincarnation. She’ll be joined by a new cast of characters as they explore the island of Torishirojima in search of a revolutionary treasure. VisualArt’s YouTube channel have treated us to a preview of the series in this video here, featuring Kanade and her new friends. Did you manage to catch Takamatsu at 01:59? Here’s hoping other Angel Beats characters turn up too! The anime is being produced by the newly founded Bibury Animation Studio, under the direction of Rewrite’s Tensho! That means we can expect animation work by Masayuki Nonaka, who as we’ve seen from the series is a very talented animator known for his moe sakugas. You can catch the premiere of Angel Beats Season 2 on the 29th of June 2018!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/angel-beats-season-two-announced/
3 Likes

Great to see more of Tensho’s anime! I can’t wait to see more of Tenshi animated.

2 Likes

Yessssss, finally!! Does this mean that the VNs are being cancelled though? They left the story quite open ended after first beat, so I wouldn’t be surprised if 3rd beat and onwards is the VN version of season 2.

1 Like

Maaan this looks hype~ definitely liking the new Kanade look. Dare I say it makes her look more ~angelic~ :umu:

Can’t get enough of my bro takamatsu tho :push: he was great in Charlotte so glad to see him on here too

1 Like

Haven’t seen Season 1 yet, but aww yiss I hope Nonaka really to animate a good chunk of cuts in this one. :DD

It’s time for Fish Saitou to shine. In the first season, he was pretty much a fish out of water.

2 Likes

guess this means otonashi will stay alone. #feels bad

On a side note Kanade looks gorgeous.

1 Like

sorry Im really hyped for more Feels but I dont understand who " tenshi " is, im seeing Angel in all the pictures but ???

also IS THAT THE AIR TOWN??? are they finally linking the feels together? my kokoro wont handle it :shock::ohhh::happy:

Looking at the calendar
Oh… okay :uee:

Jokes aside, looking forward to the new season, heck yessss! :tomoyaaa:

I hate april fools

I was so excited for a few seconds until I noticed the tag. :uee:

Looking forward to seeing more of it, sounds great.

I feel like I’ve seen this somewhere before.

4 Likes

I am lucky since I remember from this morning that today is April fools. I don’t have hopes for any real announces today

Are we doing this again?

1 Like

Inb4 Summer Pockets ends with Shiroha telling Hairi “I love you too, Yuzuru. Wait… Why did I call you Yuzuru?”

I was hit way too hard last year for this to fool me a second time :joy:

1 Like

where did you get the pictures from, then?

Reminder that this could still happen someday…I just don’t know how many zeroes we are talking about here when it comes to “could”.

That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like to see it though.

Depends on what you mean by “this.” The concept of a season 2 was always dumb hence why this horse gets beat so often.

I never watched the anime so how useful a continuation of the original anime is something I cannot answer, but that doesn’t mean that “Season 2” has to start from the ending or follow footsteps either.

I guess an anime of 24-25 episodes that starts off at a wildly different point than the ending of Season 1 isn’t a true Season 2 though. :yahaha: