Anime Expo 2015

Just be careful not to post any video from any time after Hinoue came out! I don’t think she or VisualArt’s would appreciate that.

They gave out limited release AB! -1st beat- pins to people who purchased the book previously, BTW.

1 Like

I cut my video after the illustration was done so it should be fine. I managed to get two pins but I still wanted that shikishi so sad tho that they sold rindou 20$ less and with the shikishi.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the art book that my friends bought me! So yeah I’m very lucky and thankful. Thank you and its okay if its bad camera i don’t care. :slight_smile:

The video is like 3.7 gigs so I can’t really upload it here ima try to upload it to my google drive and people can download it and watch for themselves if they are intrested.

3 Likes

Don’t they already know of us? Various staff have mentioned checking the site out before.

I moved 3 posts to an existing topic: Key Games Translation Status Updates

https://mega.co.nz/#!fNNzjTYC!sDcofkNbmCEcp8y0-KFhtDDHfX1qAb9rPw6X5SwoG-0
uploaded onto mega see if it works.

3 Likes

It works but my toaster said it will take 9 hours to download. I’ll download it tomorrow while I’m at work. Thank you!

No problem sorry that its a big file. I don’t usually upload files online this big so you can ask other to help you download and reupload with smaller file.

I’m having so much fun with this, @s0ewhat . Thanks a lot! Wonderful drawing and great (and fun!) conversation. Still listening. :slight_smile:

Haha no problem glad you enjoy it. I do hope they will release an english release of Rewrite, hopefully Key will come back for next years AX.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! This video quality and audio is amazing!! It was not even bad camera work at all! It’s 10/10!! Felt like I was actually there! Thank you for holding the camera for so long. I am so happy I was able to see and hear this event because sadly I missed it due to work. :frowning: Thank you again! ( l l )

1 Like

Oh Yes indeed, I was smiling when I’ve heard that, when they talk about Rewrite possible future/idea. :slight_smile:

Ugh I didn’t hear that they were giving copies of the picture away so I left and they wouldn’t allow me back in… It happens I guess.
Anyway AX was awesome, especially after last year which was a bit of a disaster, I hope it’s that good next year.

Finally have time to read @Clannad_Man’s awesome coverage of AnimeExpo! :smiley: What an eventful weekend, looks like you had a great time at the event! You’re so lucky to get all the exclusive and autographed merchandise, I’m getting jealous. I’m quite surprised that videography was allowed during the panels, they didn’t allow that during stage events in any anime conventions in Singapore.

That part about how the release of ‘Higurashi When They Cry’ was influenced by CLANNAD was a really nice tidbit. I’m sure not many fans knew about this :3

Ahhh you actually got to talk to Baba-shachou! How exciting! I’m quite curious to know what you guys talked about.

1 Like

Anime Expo really was a lot of fun. Interacting with people at such conventions is so different from what I experience back at home with friends (let alone professionally) that at times it can seem a bit surreal, especially at gatherings as large as AX or AN. I wanted to give people who couldn’t attend an idea of what it was like to attend as a Key fan. I’m glad you enjoyed the coverage!

I believe Ryukishi07 mentioned that he never admitted VisualArt’s influence in the production of ‘Higurashi When They Cry’ before, so there’s probably only a handful of people that know even today!

I had a very positive interaction with President Baba. I commended him on the development of his company and he recalled some of my work as well, thanking me again for my work on the REBIRTH album. If you ever have a chance to look into how he founded and grew VisualArt’s, I would encourage you to do so. He gave an extensive interview for the VA 20th Anniversary Book (All About VisualArt’s ~the 20th Anniversary of VA~ Visual Book) which provides significant insight into his thought processes and methodologies for making business decisions. Its a great read which covers how he overcame many challenges to build the company to where it is today. To me, such perseverance demands respect.

Too bad I was left on the last day. We’ll see each other in another event!
KSL in America who knows xD

1 Like

That would be awesome!! Fingers crossed it works out!

In the end, I couldn’t make it to the expo, but I definitely want to go next year! That looked incredible! Thanks for the coverage. If they had a live viola playing, I wonder if I could sneak in a piano to play live :stuck_out_tongue: (might be a little hard to carry it there in my backpack. Unless there’s some digital keyboard you can split up into smaller parts for multiple people to carry haha).

Hinoue Itaru posted a little doodle on her blog in celebration of AX! Anyone know what it says? I can’t read her handwriting very well.

2 Likes