Angel Beats! - Visual Novel Details & Ongoing Speculation

I know nothing about game script sizes and I find it funny that writers refer to length of scripts in filesizes.
But if that’s true, and if what I heard in the skype chat is right, then that kind of isn’t fair, isn’t it?

AB 1st beat is the same price as a full length visual novel, but we’re only getting 1/6th of the amount of content. Not to complain, but I feel like that’s a rip-off.

Then again, that conversation seems to be before the project started, and later interviews did reveal that a large chunk of text has been added, specifically for the fight against the shadows. So uhhhh I have a feeling that the script has balooned since then

Part 2 :
"…IT WAS A TRAP !

When the production begins,the script increase from 700kb to 3MB !
The amount of CG is increased to 2,3 times !"

I got lazy so you guys read the rest yourself. XP
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51472230.html

Poor Kai being tricked by Maeda. lol

4 Likes

SASUGA VISUALARTS

Well, I take back what I said in it being a ripoff, then lolololol

I’m not even angry at you splitting it into two parts; if anything it just made me laugh even harder!

2 Likes

I got really fucking scared by this but HOT DAMN I’M EXCITED now that it was cleaned up.

Looking at my uncompressed seens, if we assume they are only talking about the text, Litbus EX is 5.36MB. This is including the lines for minigames, which may not be included in Maeda’s estimations.
The longest single seen is Futaki’s route at 474KB, however most routes are shorter even though they are split up into multiple seens. Mio’s route (the longest heroine route) is 331KB. Refrain is 404KB. Saya’s is 449KB. Sasami’s is 935KB.

It will be shorter than the Litbus common route though. This makes sense if we believe that each volume will add more content to the common route, or if we believe that the common route must remain simple to accommodate so many routes.

When Kai says he can write about 200kbs, he is basically saying he can write a Komari route.

1 Like

and then

As I guess, it should be “3mb and 2, 3 x times CG PER volume”, right?

And still an another funny part of conservation, between Kai and Na-Ga:

About the special tokuten per online shop in official website (sketch art by Na-Ga)
Na-Ga: Looks like the pictures I draw missing Matsushita …
Kai: Sound creepy…
Na-Ga: This time I want to draw too!
Kai: Please do not!
Na-Ga: Or, I draw pictures when he are removing hisjudo suit!
Kai: NO !!!

and

Kai: Hey Na-Ga, I like the drawings are like that (ie the sketch above).
Na-Ga: Matsushita! Let me draw Matsushita!!
Kai: No, it should be a girl!
Na-Ga: eww, but draw Matsushita is fine too…
Kai: Don’t tell me you love Matsushita …

4 Likes

Meh, Na-Ga should be allowed to draw guys if he wants to. Matsushita would definitely be an unusual choice though since he is not bishonen.

(female fans represent 0/)

3 Likes

I’d totally be interested in seeing him draw a matsushita :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Isn’t Na-ga a guy…?

But yes, more male art please~

Oh yeah he is. I just dun goofed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Aaaanyways edited.

I’m actually surprised that he’s so enthusiastic about drawing matsushita lol.

Oh yeah, just a clarification… Itaru Hinoue has absolutely no contributions in this visual novel?

From a pure text standpoint, Rewrite was roughly that size (untranslated).

To give you an idea of how translation affects these things, here’s the Translated Seen files post-final patch.

Just something to keep in mind if you want to try using Clannad’s final translated scripts as a comparison, the translation texts add a lot of fluff to those filesizes.

2 Likes

Ohhh of course, that’s where I got the wrong figures. I’m an idiot :stuck_out_tongue:

So right now they just updated their Key website and the visual novel with some sort of vote. It has Na-Ga, who’s their main drawer, and all the SSS members. http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/angelbeats/character_vote/index.html Anyone know what this is? If not, i’m just going to vote for Shiina.

The vote is saying (I can’t read or write about this atm) that NaGa is to draw, from a vote, a character in the uniform of the voters choice. I guess most votes wins. For what this drawing is for, I don’t know! Japanese!

tl;dr character, then outfit which lists from what I can tell,

Male SSS uniform, Fem SSS uniform, NPC Male, NPC Female, Gym suit, Swimsuit, Judo outfit, Animal, Nude.

I’d write about this but I have work in 30 and no translator~!

Also- Heartily Song Single release date!
As well as the ED title. It’s by Suzuyu~ :smiley:
“すべての終わりの始まり”

The beginning of the end…? I can’t read!
Hopefully people tear this apart while I’m at work.

1 Like

Nude… Really? Would they really just straight up draw a naked drawing of any character including the males… ಠ_ಠ

1 Like

Doubtful, but again I can’t really tell what the drawing is for. I mean some of the preorders are ‘naked’ so sure.

I wouldn’t say nude as much as really really really lewd. None of the parts are actually showing which is what prevents it from being all naked.

1 Like

You will get the drawing as a bonus if you preorder the game :slight_smile: Voting will end on the 23. February.

Heartily Song (OP) Details:
Sung by Lia, Lyrics & Composition by Jun Maeda
Ending Song:
Sung by Suzuyu, Lyrics by Jun Maeda, Composition by Tomohiro Takeshita

Goes on sale April 1st!

3 Likes

Thank you so much @taiyaki! You get a title and a mention on the article.

Hmmmmmm although I’m not going to get the game, I might just get Heartily Song~ It is Lia, after all :3 I hope they release a preview, though, so that I’ll know what kind of style the song is in.