Angel Beats! Visual Novel - Details and Speculation (Old thread)

The hype is increasing for Key’s upcoming Visual Novel, the adaptation of Angel Beats! It’s Key’s first time adapting an Anime into a Visual Novel. Do you have high hopes? Please share any details you have about the game, and feel free to speculate on how you think the game will turn out to be!

Hey there! As many of you may or may not know via my endless rambling on that Twitter place- I’m in the process of piecing together an article to spark discussion and get the hype train rolling for the Angel Beats! Visual Novel. I am extremely excited for what this VN could potentially (and hopefully!) be, and hope to share my reasons why with you all. ^^

When it’s finished (aka whenever I can make it as readable as possible) I’ll either be putting it here in this thread or in it’s own. Most likely right here, though ~!

I say this now, while I’m still writing it up, because it is heavily speculation based. That said, if there is anything at all that you would like for me to touch on while I make it, or even add to it after it is posted and we start talking about anything and everything- Let me know! Thanks, everyone. <3

I’m currently invested in what we understand of the setting, characters, routes and route presentation, the potential format of the VN and its scale. I also have added as separate or slightly smaller parts: The overarching story and an ‘end game’ as I call it (Think Afterstory, Refrain, Moon/Terra), music lyrics and their meanings- and even a small bit of possible symbolism between Yuri and Kanade as ‘Angel’ and ‘Devil’ that people may find interesting or completely absurd, even if it doesn’t end up meaning much. xD

So yeah! Hope you look forward to it and/or it’s any good. :3

I’m personally interested in a collection of all the details we have about the game so far. If there’s not too much, might be worth including them in dot point form and link to your blog post for the rest of your speculation.

That’s a good idea. I’ve seen bits and pieces of things. I don’t know Japanese, of course, but the main site actually has a section that seems to detail the VNs structure some. I’ll scour the web and see what I can collect. There’s seems to have been surprisingly little released, or possibly translated. I know there was something in this month’s Dengeki (along with more Heaven’s Door <3), but it might have only been Operation Wars info.

One of the more interesting bits was what seemed to be a section stating that every day in game will provide 2 (possibly 3) choices. Pair that with other interviews stating that each and every choice will cause story branching and character changes within Otonashi and you’ve got a pretty decent idea of how intricate this beast may be.

I moved 4 posts to an existing topic: Angel Beats! - General Discussion

Reason: Getting off topic. Keep this thread for details and speculation about the VN itself.

5 new CGs have been released by Dengeki~ I can’t find any articles that are actually informative though ^^;

There are a few CGs that look to be from the Anime’s plotline~

There are also a couple CGs that show totally new content~ One for Yui, and one for Iwasawa.
It doesn’t look like they are too spoilerific~ :stuck_out_tongue:

It’d been mentioned that they managed to squeeze in some Mini-games into AB. Or at least one.
Any speculation from anyone on this?

Personally I’d like to see some silly target practice type deal with shooting Key Coffee cans.
Other part of me anticipates some dungeon crawling of some sort.

Yeah I imagine it’d be a dungeon crawl through Guild’s labyrinth.

The article is finished and can be found here.

Anything and everything we’ve got about Angel Beats was put into this thing. It’s mostly a giant collection of my own thoughts on what we know, and what we don’t know. Mixed in, of course, with tons of regular old factual information that you may or may not know.

In the end it’s a refresher for your memory and a hint at what’s to expect if you weren’t feeling Angel Beats as a VN yet. Enjoy…? Or tear it up. Just hope it starts some discussion ~!

2 Likes

Thanks for the share, I’m going to take a read through it. Just finished up with EX 02.

2 Likes