Angel Beats! - TK Character Discussion

Discussion of TK’s character in Angel Beats! and Angel Beats! Heaven’s Door. As of now all known information about the Angel Beats! anime and the Heaven’s Door manga may be discussed without the usage of spoiler tags, so be wary if you’re not familiar with them.

Just wild heaven.
Never stop the Hype Train.

5 Likes

TK is such a goddamn enigma. There’s got to be some reason as to why he quotes lyrics of TM Network songs and why he has the same initials as Tetsuya Komuro

Or the same initials as Tachibana Kanade.

4 Likes

I MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW WHEN AND HOW HE GETS HIS NAME.
Just sayin’.

1 Like

GET CHANCE AND LUCK.
TK seems really like a bro guy. And also one of those guys that like to do stupid stuff and hangout with friends (the syndrome episode is a good exmaple). I don’t really know much about him nor his personality but when I did some researching on TK a few years ago why he ended up in Angel Beats afterlife, my view was completely changed-. I still dont know if what I saw was true but I may just end up reading HD to get to know him better.

Maybe I’m just gonna go around to all these topics posting:

#INTERESTING

But really, yeah, enigma is the perfect word. I mean, if anything HD just makes the whole thing more INTERESTING.

2 Likes

TK, NICE NAME! HOOOOO!

The series of ‘figure out TK’ events are absolutely the most hilarious parts of the entire series.

6 Likes

If I have to put in one sentence of what I feel towards TK…
1391.mp3 (27.4 KB)
CRAZY FOR YOU!

TK is probably like super weird joke character, but I honestly want to know what happened to him. (Plus we all know that his face is one of the greatest mystery in AB! Universe)

His VA is also obviously American: I think Michael? I laughed when I saw his name in the credits. He did have great English; i’m assuming his one line in Japanese sounded good, too.

Otonashi can confirm that he is quite a fine looking young man.

He’s actually pretty good at Japanese- He talks normally in the Drama CDs.

Michael Rivas, yes

I love TK!!! He is probably one of my favorite characters of AB!!! but I almost like all of the characters :stuck_out_tongue: However, he was one of the funniest characters in AB, would love to see a anime dedicated to him.
A long time ago I also read something about him. I think he had a crush/girlfriend whose father was a yakuza boss. forgot the rest… It is probably very easy to find but I dont want to spoiler myself anymore so if you want go look it up.
Also TK could also stand for Tennouji Kotarou :open_mouth:

Throughout the manga, game nor anime(obviously), no one breaths a word about TK’s backstory. It’s very easy to find a bunch of images mentioning the yakuza thing, but it has to be a fan theory that’s blown out of proportions.

Dont they say anything about him in the VN? I thought the VN already told something about him so I took the info I read as granted. Didnt think it would be just some speculations.