Angel Beats! - Takeyama Character Discussion

Discussion of Takeyama’s character in Angel Beats! As of now all known information about Angel Beats! may be discussed without the usage of spoiler tags, so be wary if you’re not familiar with it.

I hope you’re taking notes.
Please, call me Hype Train.

3 Likes

He was the only male I used in ABOW, so I guess that counts for… something. Most of his cards were just glass cannon.

As far as I know we don’t have much information about Takeyama beyond his simple character gimmick of nobody calling him Christ. He’s another generic hacker who can recite a lot of pi for some ungodly reason. We know that he takes great pride in his online tag, and after he loses his computer skill he feels unworthy of being called Christ. I haven’t read any of his Heaven’s Door stuff yet, but apparently he doesn’t do much there either.

As for my thoughts about Kanade Takeyama? Well, I don’t have anything to say that others haven’t. She He, like most of the Angel Beats cast, has a lot of untapped potential™ and is just dying to have more time to herself himself. You’d need to make something like, I dunno, a visual novel route dedicated to her him to even have the time to do her him justice.

So here’s my verdict on her his character:

Angel Beats!: Exists

Heaven’s Door: Hardly exists

xth Beat: Hype/10

3 Likes

What I wonder is why does Takeyama seem to not be very much involved with the “inner circle” of SSS. We know he’s a member, but we don’t see him in the HQ very often in the anime, even after he is introduced.

Makes me wonder if there are other characters like that; members of the SSS that we don’t see hanging around with Yurippe and co. Aside from the guild, that is.

He actually talks for a few operations and like, keeps a diary and shit. Yui is the real mystery as to why she’s ostracized (because she’s fucking annoying)

Other characters, we actually DO see, however I attributed them to all be guild members. We’ll be seeing more of them as well, unique new designed characters, just not in the first issue of the VN.