Angel Beats! Special Episode 2: "Hell's Kitchen" Discussion

Just watched it, 'twas amusing and I liked it, Chuuni-Kanade was adorable :3

1 Like

A funny OVA, that’s for sure. Though the over-the-top-ness of everything that’s happened kinda surprised me.

Oh, look who was taken out first again.
Oh, look who drowned again.

1 Like

I’m curious what the deal with this sign is. Anyone wanna have a crack at translating it?

I read it quickly when watching. I didn’t look up any kanji, but it looks like general hiking advice. Second line, for example, says to hike in groups.

2 Likes

Here I am looking for important plot hints and so far everything is just “shenanigans”. Even the helicopter thing didn’t lead to anything, apparently that was Guild? Sasuga Angel Beats.

It’s difficult to read with the mess and has some kanji I can’t read. On the top it says “Academy hiking course”. Below, as far as I can tell, is information/advice about the course, nothing else.

I don’t think we should take anything serious from this episode, since it seems to live according to the Rule of Funny.

That being said, it was pretty darn funny. TK’s lines absolutely killed me. Their timing was impeccable. “I like reading books!” “Right now, she’s waiting at the airport lobby.” [SSS theme] lolololol.

Irie was absolutely adorable. And Sekine was pretty funny.

I enjoyed seeing Kanade’s reaction to getting the permission request form, lol. It was cool to see her reaction to another one of Yuri’s operations.

3 Likes

GDM girls are just all so best, Jesus.
'Cept Yui. Assistant doesn’t count.

A really nice nod to all the characters people miss out on by only viewing the anime.
Demon Hisako tossing Tenshi into space with Masami’s ‘Yoohoo! Suge!’ made this episode for me. Brilliant.
4Koma levels of shenanigans. Really hope we get lots of these ridiculous expeditions in the VNs.

Also moon shadow demons confirmed.

1 Like

It was actually the broadcast club or something.

THE BROADCAST CLUB IS AMAZING!

1 Like

ahaha I really enjoyed it!!! I I loved the way they gave more protagonism too sekine and irie ( damn, irie was adorable!!! now I know who to pair oohoyama with) xddx… about kanade, I fell bad because I can’t get that chuuni-kanade thing!! (I dont even know what is chunini xdxd. is it a referece of another anime?)… btw, such a cool clubs there are on the afterlife school!!!

Well, this definitely felt like an Angel Beats special. In the best way possible, of course. There were a lot of parts that made me laugh pretty hard though, like Kanade’s little moment at the end of the episode, Iwasawa being her cool self and climbing out of those pits multiple times in a row, TK’s sacrifice… there were too many crowning moments to really pick in this one.

I wish my high school had had such interesting clubs. :wink:

1 Like

Wait… dont tell me I was the only one who heard it?!

Very first scene after the opening. TK is snapping his fingers and blabbing about 1, 2, 3, 4 shake it shake it and what not.

Then he starts saying “An-gel-Beats. An-gel-Beats. Oh yeah.” Thats what caught my attention. But his next line is the killer.

“An-gel-Beats. GAME ON SALE. Kacchaina yo. Kacchai yo. BLU-RAY mo. Tsureni kacchaina yo.”

TK wins.

5 Likes

I completely missed that! Oh man, TK never ceases to amaze.

This special was pretty awesome though. I like how it showed more of the characters that never got screen time in the original anime. Hilarious and shenanigans filled as I expected. Even more hyped for the VN now (if that was even possible.)

I replayed that scene like 5 times trying to figure out what he was saying but gave up @_@ If he really said that then… woah.

TK Wins indeed.

nani??? ahahah I gotta watch it again
XDXD

Wow~~ they focused to GirlDeMo a lot~~~

Also~ this shota boy amused me a lot—innocent face + yandere mind haha!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: His friendship with T.K. really moved me :3

Honestly I want to see more Naoi on screen—but…it won’t happen

3 Likes

SHE’S WAITING FOR YOU AT THE AIRPORT!

Really makes me wonder why TK used that line. Makes me think if Ooyama’s past life really did have something to do with romance.

Then again, it really makes me wonder why TK uses any of his lines in particular :stuck_out_tongue:

PS that Ooyama art is amazing! Kudos!

1 Like

I kind of assumed they were just trying to parody cliche American action movies. That whole scene was reminiscent of the typical sacrifice scenes you see in those types of films.

Then again, it’s TK. Trying to analyze why TK says/does anything is a… large task to handle.

2 Likes

“I like to read books.” is my favorite part. WINK WINK.

2 Likes

Ahem, first post. I just found this forum after seeing the animesuki forums were empty, hello hello, and have a good day.

So, as to this episode, I find it funny that the themes in this special actually connects with 1st beat’s little minigame.