Angel Beats! - Noda Character Discussion

Discussion of Noda’s character in Angel Beats! and Angel Beats! Heaven’s Door. As of now all known information about the Angel Beats! anime and the Heaven’s Door manga may be discussed without the usage of spoiler tags, so be wary if you’re not familiar with them.

Who is the strongest?
To have Hype is to have power.

I don’t think anyone will complain if I call this one an utterly one dimensional pointless pile of trash right?

1 Like

I will!
One of the more promising character stories to be told, to be honest. Society sucks! Tell me why some more!

Biz you don’t count you’d defend everything angle butts anyway.
Society what? He’s a pathetic loser, that’s his fault.

I’m very particular with my words.
I said character story, not character. www
I’m seeing Noda as Kano tier until proven otherwise. I think his route will have some really cool topics to cover, and my feelings about his character leave an astronomical amount of space to cover to make him good- As such it’s interesting to make note of. This route has a lot of potential.

tl;dr As a hikki and one who detests the functions of the world his position is very relatable which makes room for a rather poignant commentary.

I dont really know how to feel about Noda, sure he had a few interesting bits but it really wasnt much and he was a bit hot headed even though it seems he had nothing but good intentions. (for yuri at least XD)

It has been quite a long while since I watched angel beats and to be honest the details around him are kind of fuzzy but I can say I thought of him in sort of a neutral way, I didnt like or dislike him

I do agree though that his character story does have potential It would definitely give me the chance to resolve my neutral feelings for better or worse. (hopefully better)
Also I would be cool to find out why hes so love struck with Yuri, I dont actually remember if they said it before but I think they didnt.

He definitely feels something like affection for her but we aren’t sure why. It’ll certainly be a plot point for him. It’s easy to infer though that he’s not exactly well versed in ‘love’ so I’m also sure a large part of that conflict will regard him coming to terms with what his true feelings are.

It’s very weird, though, as it seemed to be a love-at-first-sight sort of thing in Heaven’s Door (that never disappeared)

It’s his waifu.
But that kind of babbys first waifu that is really terrible.

1 Like

I’m sorry for replying to an old thread, but… It made me sad that Noda’s thread had so few replies so I thought I’d share my thoughts??? I gues
I thought Noda’s character had so much potential that wasn’t explored well in the anime (i have so many complaints about the anime but I still love it).
I headcanon him as asexual. I think he had the best hair color. He has the coolest weapon. He has the best theme song.
There are so many things to discuss about him!

Noda gets a lot of good treatment in Heaven’s Door. And he’s totally into Yuri btw :stuck_out_tongue:

Yessss I really ship it! I did an edit of it for an old fan account a while ago…