Angel Beats! - Hisako Character Discussion

Discussion of Hisako’s character in Angel Beats! and Angel Beats! Heaven’s Door. As of now all known information about the Angel Beats! anime and the Heaven’s Door manga may be discussed without the usage of spoiler tags, so be wary if you’re not familiar with them.

Have at it~
The Hype Train is an inspiration to us all.

1 Like

Yes I’ll take my Hisako route now after the mass exodus plz…the wait is real.

I already know this route is going to be cool. What we know already leaves me so excited to see the life she lived and see just how much of an impact Masami makes on her.

As far as her character is concerned- I’d generally say this is almost NaGa’s Kurugaya- She’s cool. REALLY cool. She certainly makes up for the cunning Masami doesn’t have by like a thousand fold. She’s motivational, sleek and full of charisma- but she’s also quite emotional with a select few topics. I find that the anime did as poor of a job possible in representing just how heavily Masami’s disappearance must have hit her. Sure, I think she’d be able to overcome that, however in the VN, if Masami was to vanish and we’re left with Hisako without her other half…? I think you’re going to see quite a shift in her mood.

We’re in for a goody here, yet again. Angel Beats! has a lot to present.

1 Like

WOO, ELEPHANTS!

(pls)

Someone who can translate? I used a translator but I still have doubts.

かつてのバンド名とは正反対の意味…
これは…
これは「アイツ」との決別の証だ…

(Scene depicts Hisako thinking about her former band)

First, Hisako named the band as “Beautiful the Blood”. I don’t understand if it was the name of her former band or it’s the opposite meaning.

Second, she says “Aitsu”. Was she referring to a man?

HMMMMMMMMMMM

You know, I’ve always wanted to make the wild assumption that Hisako was in Sad Machine, but I was under the impression that her singer was a woman- Not to mention in forming their band here in the afterlife she requests members be girls. It’s… Interesting… -3-

Yeah, I always thought that the singer of Hisako’s band was a woman. Maybe she wasn’t referring to the singer… I’m going to looking for a female or male pronoun in the raw manga.

Rough translation is:
"The name of my former band had a contradictory meaning…
That is…

That is proof of “his"separation”

Where’d you get “Beautiful the Blood” from, BTW? but yeah I don’t quite get what she means here without context…

Wah I forgot the source…

You can see the ABHD chapter here (I don’t know if I am allowed posting it, @Bizkitdoh)

PS: Is “Beautiful the Blood” grammatically correct? e.e

Comic Walker is perfectly legal and free, so yeah, you can post it (and we should all support it by making accouns, hehe).

Nah Beautiful the Blood is… well, grammatically correct, but semantically, I have no idea what it means

1 Like

[quote=“Pepe, post:10, topic:1107, full:true”]Nah Beautiful the Blood is… well, grammatically correct, but semantically, I have no idea what it means
[/quote]

It means : " Why hire an English speaker when you can use a sh*tty online translator ?"

More seriously, I’ve already seen a similar sentence constructions but my English skills are limited so I really can’t help you.

The all-girl band in afterlife is, maybe, because of her traumatic experience in real live.

It’s on the poster.

1 Like

Having just read Hisako’s backstory, but not the manga, this was a really cool discussion to stumble upon. This is what I learned from 1st beat.

Hisako was in a band called 汚れた血(means like “corrupted blood”). The vocalist of this band called himself Kirisaki, though it wasn’t his real name. That is what the quote would be referring to.

The rest of her backstory gets a bit grim. Kirisaki was extremely suicidal, and Hisako had the responsibility of keeping him alive forced onto her. Kirisaki had a lot of fans, and due to their seeming close relationship, those fans started spreading rumors and hated on Hisako. After coming to one of her concerts, Hisako’s very supportive parents tell her that she should stop and come home. Hisako however realizes she can’t because Kirisaki would kill himself. Close to the release of the band’s second major CD, the harassment gets to the point where some idiot burns down Hisako’s parets’ house, and this is what makes her quit. After quitting she watches a TV-interview with Kirisaki about the new release and stuff, and in the middle of it Kirisaki pulls out a gun and shoots himself in the head. So, Hisako is basically suffering from the guilt of leaving Kirisaki. After Iwasawa disappears, she tells Otonashi that she had constantly been seeing Kirisaki’s ghost behind Iwasawa when she performed. Hisako was also mentally unstable, to such a level that she was confined to a hospital room.

Hisako’s route can be so unbelievably awesome. I hope it’s not a romantic one because that would feel cheesy I think. They have the setup for exploring so many other parts of how she would regain the will to live, so it would be a shame to have a normal romance like the ones we’ve seen so many times.

2 Likes

Hmm, where did you get this information ? Was it the first beat ? Cause if it is, does that mean Hisako is even gonna get a route any more ?
And just a general question
Since Masami’s got obliterated, then Yui was the next generation vocalist for GirlDeMo, but then she also got obliterated, does Hisako become the next vocalist ? I honestly wanna hear and see GirlDeMo third generation.
And do I need to spoiler tag the Masami and Yui thing ? It says that we don’t need to spoiler tag anything in the anime… But just making sure…

Yes it’s 1st beat. I said so in the original post,

Of course, everything I explained is the setup for her route.

I think you’re misinformed about how AB! works as a game. The event with Iwasawa singing My Song, and graduating on her own, still happens. But completing a charcter’s route doesn’t affect anything when you start a new playthrough. So, Hisako’s route will require Iwasawa to disappear, but Yui will still be there. Also, Hisako says that she can’t sing.

No. I don’t think 1st beat needs tags either, but I thought it would be courteous to do it since it’s not translated.

3 Likes

As far as standard policy goes, if that information is contained within Iwasawa’s route then yes, it needs spoiler tags.

Otherwise if it were common, well… Angel Beats might be a special case but usually it wouldn’t need tags :stuck_out_tongue: