Angel Beats! - Heaven's Door Discussion

I’ve only found up to 35 online! How are you getting as far as the 70s? Are there any websites?

That’s the fan translation most likely. I bought and read the manga in Japanese.

Yeah, they were fan translations. I read them on things like kissmanga, mangapanda, other websites like that. I sadly have never bought anything because I’m just a broke teenager :cry:
Is there any place online I can read official translations? Or maybe I could find them at the library.

Seven Seas Entertainment is the official localizer of Heaven’s Door; they only have one volume out so far, but volume 2 is out next month. You should be able to find it in bookstores and whatnot!

Granted, this is quite a large delay from the Japanese release but, hey, patience is key.

1 Like

Ah, thank you!

The Kaza Twitter account posted (sourced from @SuikaShoujo) about this but I thought it should be posted here too. It appears (at least back in August) the reason volume 2 keeps getting delayed in Jun Maeda being hospitalized and being unable to approve the translations https://www.facebook.com/gomanga/posts/10154421700049451

I’m sceptical that this is still the case however.

I am too but I’m trying to figure out what else it could be. Back in August I’m sure they would have known what the sales of volume 1 were like so if they were dropping it because of poor sales it seems weird to use that excuse.
The only other things I can think of are:

1. Maeda (or someone else who needs to approve) is either not responding or keeps rejecting for some reason and
  2. Yen Press’s deal to publish Kadokawa titles is messing with already existing contracts. Unfortunately this is the only Kadokawa title published by someone other than Yen Press that I know of so I can’t check if anything else is releasing fine.

Did Yui get a cameo yet in the Japanese release? I know she was introduced in the anime, but in episode 2, she was shown, wearing the SSS uniform, so they must have met beforehand.

Not that I saw.

Does anybody think that Seven Seas has just given up on the English-language release altogether? Volume 2 was pushed back from like May or June 2016 all the way to December, didn’t ship, and now Angel Beats! doesn’t show up on Seven Seas’ release dates page at all. Furthermore, the series page no longer shows volumes 2-4 anymore.

I still have a RightStuf order open with vol 2 as the one unshipped item. Sooner or later, I’m expecting them to email me saying “yeah, dude, not happening.”

@invalidname I tried rallying people together to contact Seven Seas asking what’s going on, but only a few people joined in and we have yet to hear a response. Feel free to join the chorus by contacting them on Twitter though.

@Aspirety Actually, I pinged Seven Seas on Twitter a few days ago. No response.

I figure if enough people keep pressing them, they’ll have to speak up eventually. This silence is killing me…

Not that it’s any surprise at this point, but the date has been pushed back indefinitely it seems. I got an email from Amazon saying the new release date is “January 01, 2099.” We’ve got a hell of a wait on our hands.

I’m going to try to contact Seven Seas again and anyone else should badger them too.

1 Like

Seven Seas doesn’t even list volume 2 on their site anymore. I also looked up a bunch of bookstores in my area and the only one with volume 1 in stock is Indigo and not at any near location. They also list 2-5 as all coming out this year so

I-is it finally happening?

1 Like

Guess we’ll find out ‘_’ Don’t get your hopes too high.

For as wrong as I was at earlier points (not checking for this topic FTL), I guess we can all wait and see when other sites, especially RightStuf, update their information.

I like Amazon and all, but I would rather have another retailer tell me so as well. Based on what RightStuf has told me, if Seven Seas gives them release dates then they would update promptly. Since they’re closed on Sundays (like many other stores), we’ll know soon enough.

EDIT: It’s Monday of course, but my point still stands.

2 Likes

Amazon says Volume 2 released May 25 but is unavailable. Did anyone who had a pre-order get any sort of Email from Amazon about this?