Angel Beats! -1st Beat- Trial Edition Released Online

Updated the post with lots of useful information, and a link to ArdWar’s torrent~
(ps ArdWar you should totally plug Kaza as a place to discuss the game on the torrent description XP)

2 Likes

You wanna let those swarm goin’ here? :open_mouth:

It’s a program that alters an exe. It will always be flagged by antivirus software.

1 Like

Actually not altering, just something like sandboxing the exe.

The exe is still the same (my SHA512 said so).

1 Like

Of course. There’d be no need to constantly run it through the unblocking software otherwise. But for simplicity’s sake, it’s messing with the exe file, so antivirus tunnels in on it.
I think that’s how antivirus works anyway. Never actually used that stuff.

Kind of annoying to have to keep turning of my file shield every time i want to open it up. :frowning: Ah well not much I can do about it.

You could try to make an exception for those files in your firewall?

Do this. Also do make sure to have it make the shortcut for you so you don’t have to open it every time.

Probably not doing this right, But every time i make an exception for a file in avast it seems to ignore it.

Not sure about how avast work, but do you make an exception on the antivirus? (not firewall)

How big is the file size for this trial?

1,2gb

MEGA DDL for those who doesn’t feel comfortable with the swarm. It’s free account, so bear with the bandwidth limitation.

Okay. I can imagine when the VN comes out it’s going to be a lot given how big the trial version is.

The trial already has a lot of the big uncompressed audio files- Even ones that aren’t used in the trial, so that takes up a fair bit of the space.

Pfft, there’s only like… 70mb of uncompressed audio. Now the 900mb of images… Thank god they have a good naming convention for those files.

Or that.

Update: In this version I can’t seem to save at all…?
Keep getting things like this:

Where do you install?

I can save. I’ve had an error popup before though while messing around with the script. The nice thing about Siglus is you can press ctrl+c to copy the error text, which you can translate to find the problem.

From what I can tell though, it looks like it couldn’t write the save file? Make sure your folders aren’t write protected, make sure there’s nothing opening the folder in background (downloads maybe?) Check if a savedata folder was made. Oh, and make sure it’s installed somewhere that’s accessible of course.

Well everything is just in C: blah blah blah Key, but it was some weird directory thing again I guess with conflicting save locations or something. Deleting the other trial and restarting windows fixed it.