Angel Beats! -1st beat- OP Single Heartily Song Released!

The seemingly endless wait for the release of the Angel Beats! -1st beat- OP and ED Single "Heartily Song" is finally over. Early sales and the game's OP being viewed at Comiket Special 6 aside- Wherever you may be on the globe, April 1st has come and gone for many and Heartily Song copies are now being shipped around the world to all who ordered one. Better pay off that AmiAmi preorder!

You can still purchase Heartily Song from many sources, such as Amazon.jp, CDJapan and backorder on AmiAmi, with only more options to come.

As more and more people hear the single, it's being hit with a some mixed reviews. When you get your hands on it or just get the chance to hear it in general, do be sure to share here what you think about it! I personally adore the track and look forward to sharing why!

You can hear the game length version of the track at CS6 here until the OP is posted officially.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://kazamatsuri.org/angel-beats-1st-beat-op-single-heartily-song-released/
3 Likes

The songs could have been the best compositions ever and some people would still choose to complain! That’s just how it goes.

I think the music is a nice compliment to the soundtracks we already know and love, and I suspect that over time we’ll come to enjoy them even more. I think these tracks should be looked at in terms of balance, showcasing more impact than most of the BGM yet not overshadowing the staple GDM tracks. The songs encourage the further development of the AB! story and will help shape our perception of it, and that’s what’s important.

And hey, who knows? A Girls Dead Monster version of these tracks could very well be released along the line. Wouldn’t that be exciting? =D

Sounds a lot better to me like this than it did the cam recording, personally I prefer My Soul Your Beats still but this is great none the less.

That’s probably another part of it, already well and truly attached to songs like Little Busters! and Philosophyz so it’s a bit hard to compare this one on it’s own.

I’ma gonna pick up my preorder in a few hours! Here’s hoping that Gamers gives me a little something for getting it from them XD

I never expected I was going to love this song so much! I mean, I always liked My Soul, Your Beats, but it was never my favorite. I honestly had no idea what to expect when they announced this new OP.

But then I saw the new opening movie and it just blew my mind. And the full song is even better! This really maybe be one of my new favorites, and we dont even have a game and feelings to associate with it yet!

And for all those who havent yet, it is definitely worth your time to listen to the off vocal version. Lia has such a powerful voice, you dont get to hear all the amazing instruments playing behind her. It almost sounds like a completely different song!

So I just got my copy earlier and it is ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY AMAZING! Everything about it! The composition is amazing, and is soooo classic Jun Maeda with so much going on but blending into one beautiful track. The arrangement is terrific, and the piano is just crazy (as @Bizkitdoh mentioned some time ago). And Lia~ Ohhhh Lia~ Her clean voice just suits this track so so well. The way her falsetto suddenly changes into a powerful vibrato is just uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh. I am soooo hyped to watch this live now ;_;

And then Subete no Owari no Hajimari is fucking great too. It just hits my emotion so well and I just know that it’s gonna make me cry during the ending credits. I could feel the emotion pouring out of me as I listened to that track.

tl;dr this is the best single Key has released in the history of ever and everybody should buy it.

2 Likes

I found teh lyrics from bambooxzx. Clean and beautiful translation!
Heartily Song
Subete no Owari no Hajimari

2 Likes

Sounds like this is the Otonashi to My Soul Your Beats’ Kanade.

I dont know why but I feel weird to say this, but I still like My Soul Your Beats more than Heartily song tbh.
But the Subete no Owari no Hajimari has taken my heart. It’s so beautiful I want to cry. I need to re-listen to heartily song more times, maybe I will start to love it eventually.
I really love the intense parts tho, cuz Lia’s voice give it soooooo much power. I could go on why I love Lia’s clean and powerful voice but thats something else.
tl;dr awesome but My Soul Your Beats still better for me - Subete no Owari no Hajimari is freakin beautiful.

2 Likes