Would you date your waifu/husbando?

If I was to choice between the heroines in Kanon this would be my answer. I will be ordering my answers from least to greatest. I had thought of this idea in the past of who would be my best waifu for Kanon and it was pretty difficult. Yuichin is not on the list for you meme fans and would be right above Makato I don’t like guys but they are better than a fox that pranks you in the middle of the night (I don’t have any real waifu’s but am theorising for this)

Makato Sawatari: NOPE not even close to classifing as a waifu.

Piro: Better than Makoto thus why on this list. If it was a pig i’d like it better because it would be in a pork pun

Mai Kawasumi: To start off, I really like this character from Kanon but imagining her as someone to have a relationship with is kinda impossible with her, I like intellectual discussion whereas Mai just never talks, she also lacks in any form of emotion but just thinking of a date with her would be boring, going further down the line to consider marriage and then a family is just not something i could do. Do love this character though just not real life waifu material. Plus I don’t wanna die from demons

Mishio Amano: This character is kind of interesting but its this far down in the list mainly because i don’t know enough about this waifu to be willing to commit a life with her but i’d still be willing to take this person on a date.

This is where things get difficult because i consider all of these not just waifu dating material but possible marriage candidates.

Akiko Minase: I am placing Akiko here mainly due to age, Akiko uses logic over emotions which i value greatly, a despite how i really like cute girls and i don’t particularly consider Akiko cute, but conversation with her would be really enjoyable. Hands down this would be an interesting date, because we would spend the time talking about whats it like to be in a car accident or issues in steins;gate or something.

Kaori Misaka: Not too much to say about her other than the fact that she feels like a real character that has flaws that I can (although disagree) understand the reasons behind, on how She tries separating herself from her sister to avoid pain to herself. I feel like its hard for anyone to say they don’t understand the feelings she is going and want to help her because of that. She makes good waifu material 10/10 would approve again.

Nayuki Minase: Self explanatory, enjoyable character who just being around is fun, forgiving and doesn’t care what you do or don’t do. Also quite cute which is a plus and also seems really helpful.

Sayuri Kurata: Seems like a really nice and relate-able character at least with what I remember about her brother. Just solid waifu material.

Choosing between these last two is where most of the challenge is.

Shiori Misaka: I am placing Shiori here mainly because one of her greatest strengths is also her greatest weakness and thats how she is cute. Her signature quote (not really a spoiler) “Its a secret” although kinda cute would really get old after a few months despite that I feel that I would still get along with her as if I knew her in real life I would be really good friends as she is one of those humans that you kinda just like being around. Another issue you could consider (depending on which Kanon you consider Kanon) is do I want to date a zombie, I mean I am pretty sure she died in the visual novel from my memories of it. although if I say she does survive She defiantly would be someone I would be fine with marrying but I won’t tell you that because, "Its a secret"

Ayu Tsukimiya: What do you expect, very cute, kinda of stupid (with her tripping all the time etc) but overall despite how the conversations with won’t be amazing. During both the vn and the anime (2006 never seen 2002) just her being there at all just makes you energetic and happy. I feel just being with her would give me motivation for everything, divorce with this characteristic won’t be on my mind at all. I really like Ayu although id still get mad at her from time to time. If Ayu was a real character, yeah I would actually marry her no doubt in my mind. (Maybe we could skydive together, I mean she has already fallen from a tree sky diving is just a few meters taller) -thats a joke in brakets Also don’t forget her Uguu, its super cute.

Hopefully you guys enjoyed this, If you do I might do this with Clannad, Fruits of Grisaia, Higurashi (maybe), Xenoblade, Rosario vampire, Naruto and One Piece, etc (definitely clannad and fruits of grisaia)

4 Likes

Seconded on Sayuri being quality waifu material. Ayu and Makoto? Eh I don’t know they’re cute but it would feel a little strange to date them. As far as main characters go Shiori for sure.

2 Likes

Okay its time for my Fruits of Grisaia Waifu list. Again like my Kanon tier list I will be writing from no waifu to best waifu (lowest to greatest.) This is a much easier waifu list than Kanon to do for me as there are less characters for me to go through that I have actual information on. I’ll also mention my favourite routes for this series. (I have only experienced the first game of the trilogy.)

Makina Irisu: “I can’even speak engrish prob’ly” This girl is just annoying, like often to the downfall of the gag scenes, honestly I would probably choose Makato over her. Also her route is painfully long and boring which helps 5th place.

Sachi Komine: Her route I didn’t partially interest me and was kinda boring but had a few cool bits 4th place. As for her character she has none. Just like a bank account 0 is better than a negative number putting you in debt (In this case Makina is the negative number which is ironic after the 7million yen she paid me), this is why Sachi gets this place. This hurts putting two of the heroines in the bottom two places.

Chizuru Tachibana: Fun to tease but lack information to put her any higher.

JB: Has actually a quite interesting personality and is reliable but just like lacks information for any waifu tier list.

Michiru Matsushima: My favourite route’s character somehow ends up 4th out of 8 positions which is disappointing but its ChiruChiru so what would you expect on a waifu list. Michiru actually kinda hard to decide as Which Mitchiru, the one you barely see at the end of her is the true Michiru, the Tsudere version and the person inside of her.
Her badly acted tsundere personality is funny but lacks depth a common theme in grisaia, maybe the H-scenes would help depth for all the routes but at least the steam version lacks depth for anyone that is lower and including Tsundechiru. The next highest placed is both the inner and final Michiru as they are quite simuaular at least from my memories, she is the first waifu material on this list but its hard to actually put her higher because realistically speaking I would be able to imagine a further future with. Also this route is very relate-able to me somehow and was my first route in Grisaia. Also during this route, I actually thought that Grisaia was better than Key during this route and then… I read the other routes. Also if you think Tsundere’s don’t exist, fight me, my friend’s sister is one.

Yumiko Sakaki: This is my third favorite route and its a good and solid route. Yumiko is good character and I don’t think I need to explain why, introverted but good, It important to have a stable person for your waifu.

(Amane’s route) Kazuki Kazami: I gotta love this character she was AWESOME in Amane’s route. Her brain also works much like mine, its pretty clear her personality is a logician. She lacks a cute side to her but thats true of any smart girl. If it wasn’t for a few things Amane has that Kazuki doesn’t , Kazuki would get first place.

Amane Suou: Second best route, Sexy body, reliable and… she can cook, YES that is the reason she is in first place, I hate cooking and she can do it for me. Course her motivations based on her backstory that have developed Amane into what she is now are realistic and it explains her cool composure. I like her alot but I can understand anyone preferring Yumiko. Cooking is the main one. Also interesting fact her existence is the only time I wish I had an H scene which never interest me.

Kanon is quite a lot smaller than Fruits of Grisaia but manages to show many interesting characters that have a much higher development than Grisaia or at least showcasing of the characters so you actually can see some of Jun Maeda’s strengths after reading Grisaia. Just something I thought I’d mention that I had noticed after writing this. I would have talked more about the epic parts of my top 3 favorite routes but this is more about waifu’s than Grisaia. Also just for the fun of it I made it that whenever a usb device is removed, Michiru says sour instead of my system sounds, its was a problem when i had’nt mute my device in a lecture though heh. Its worth it. Next time I post here it will probably next Jobro (JOJO Husbando) or Clannad which will be really difficult. Sorry for another long post. Jya

1 Like

You should read Labyrinth and Eden as well! There’s a few new characters who are really good and the old ones shine as well, including best grill Yumiko. You may come to like some of the other ones like JB and Chizuchizu as well.

1 Like