Which Key story carries the most powerful message, in your eyes?

“The little busters are eternal.”
and so is my conviction of what the most powerful message is

I’m personally still sticking with Rewrite, albeit for a different reason: I was surprised at how much it influenced my way of thinking towards societal issues, especially on the matter of perspective. So when it comes to these issues, my perspective is placed no longer on the issue, but rather on the fellow human beings affected by this issue. Like why is environmental destruction such a big issue? It’s because humanity’s existence depends on it. Why do we want wars to end? Because human lives are lost because of it. The message is that we have to be aware of what truly matters in the grand scheme of things, otherwise, we’re just going to get lost along the way. In Rewrite’s case, the Gaians became cynical, while the Guardians became arrogant.

In hindsight, it sends an interesting message about advocacy, and myself being an advocate of a lot of things, I found it very meaningful.

Of course, it’s just one of the themes that the story holds, but this one just struck me.

1 Like

If I had to choose a specific storyline it would be Mai’s route from Kanon. I liked how the monsters she fought worked as a metaphor for inner demons, and how no matter how much you struggle with them, they’ll never go away unless you address the personal issues that are creating them in the first place.

1 Like

I personally find CLANNAD carries the most powerful message of family, if you analyze the story you will find that everything relates back to this topic, i found it an excellent story which shows the transition between childhood to adulthood and the struggles that come with it. It was good to have humorous moments in the series otherwise it would be too sad. The supernatural elements of the story really connected well which enhanced the overall story

Planetarian has impacted me with the most power of all Key stories because the way it communicates its messages give me the sense that humanity, dreams and hope are the protagonists and the destruction of it all are the antagonists and the precautionary nature and futuristic setting of the story with a divine idol type character like Yumemi, I feel, encourages the post-reader to take Planetarian’s messages into the real world and prevent an apocalypse and the tragedy ending.

With this quote from Yumemi being one of the most important to live by:

Overpopulation, energy issues, water problems, a rising sea level, an ecosystem in imbalance, air pollution, and finally problems of who possesses space… Currently, there are so many problems and disputes in this world. However, this is what I believe. Mankind will be able to solve all of its problems, and will one day reach out to the world of the stars.
~ Hoshino Yumemi

3 Likes