VisualArt's planning to utilise E-mote and VR technologies in future projects

Certain scenes having a VR component could be cool. I think of some of the lunch scenes from Rewrite - particularly the ones in the courtyard where it might fun to be able to switch from a “reading mode” to a “scene mode” where they make you feel more enveloped in the moment with VR. Done well, having VR scenes kind of take the place of special CGs while most of the game stays flat feels viable, though really easy to mess up.

Or they could make Mappy more gimmicky by making those segments VR. Which is what I kind of think will happen.

I have poistive opinion on that. Certainly, E-mote or VR might be useless for key games and these technology only seem to cause increase of the development cost. But key games these days are technologically rather inferior to other brands like 5pb. For example, I remember Rewrite was criticized by its lack of progress in effects compared to other developers. I think introduction of the new technologies will promote development in their effects. In addition to that, VA has many brands and some of them make VNs which emphasize the interaction with heroines. E-mote and VR look suitable for these sort of games so at least benefit VA.

2 Likes

I say let them try it. If done properly, there’s a lot to be gained.
But more importantly, they have to keep updating and improving their VNs, especially by utilizing new technologies. Otherwise, they will be left behind. The VN genre can’t remain the same forever, or else it will become outdated.

I just realized there’s a slightly large problem with VNs and VR: VNs are largely story and text-based, yes? I honestly can’t think of a sane way to overlay text over a VR system without it being daunting torl read. Sure they can make it all audio-based in that case but… That already makes it less of a VN, really.

As for e-mote, well… None of it is necessary, but hey, it’s a nice-to-have. I’d appreciate it, at least, in one way or another.
spams p button

I’ve seen E-Mote used in the H-Scenes for Harukaze Sensation. Impressive stuff, I must say. I’m excited at the possibilities. In other Visual Art’s games of course. Keep that shit away from Key stuff.

As I said above, until we get better computers that allow for higher res consumer headsets, VNs won’t work well. Reading any kind of text is pretty frustrating in almost all situations. Doing so for multiple hours would be awful.

Maybe in VR mode everything will just be narrated to you? I probably wouldn’t want to read the whole VN like that but it could be something that catches on.

I would love e-mote as long as it wasn’t overused.