Shinji Orito confirmed for Anime Expo, and a Key Fan-Party announced!

Some very exciting news for attendees of Anime Expo 2016! On their Facebook page, VisualArt's have announced that Shinji Orito, famed composer of Key's music, will be present on all 4 days at the VisualArt's booth to give autographs to fans!

While they have mentioned that "Panels are not planned"

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/shinji-orito-confirmed-for-anime-expo-and-a-key-fan-party-announced/
6 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Anime Expo 2016

Well, last year it was pretty much “buy a 1000 dollar wall scroll, get a ticket”. Either that or they’ll make a quiz again :komue: Seems pretty hard to get it, frankly

$1000…that’s extortion :frowning: I’ll do my best but that doesn’t make me hopeful lol.

1 Like

I’ll be attending AX and hopefully be able to attend the Key get together…hopefully

What does this exactly mean though? Will he be literally holding a booth all 4 days at AX for signing or you have to find him to sign whatever one desires.

1 Like

I’ve seen no indication that Itaru Hinoue will be attending. She will be contributing some pre-autographed merchandise for sale, but I do not believe she will be there. Shinji Orito is confirmed and Takahiro Baba seems likely, though I’ve seen no confirmation of his participation either.

He has spent a lot of time at Key’s booth at prior conventions so I suspect he will be there the majority of the time. There probably won’t be a separate signing booth; if you purchase something of his at the booth, he should sign it though. If there is a specific item you want signed you want to bring with you, I suspect they will allow him to sign it as long as you buy something AND ask for that specific item to be signed. Also keep in mind that they may not allow him to sign clothing; at ACen it was an odd rule which was enforced despite Na-Ga offering to sign my Little Busters! jacket.

Understood, never been to a signing so this is all new to me. If that’s the case then must be grueling to acquire a signature with the amount of people trying to snag one as well.

I just hope I will get my Kudryavka frisbee signed!

I remember seeing an early announcement that Itaru Hinoue was coming but I would have to double check.

Last year dinner in Paris was not a way to get people to buy Kakejiku. There was well enough room for everyone who answered the quizz and had a minimum knowledge in Key’s VN (as in, not limited watching anime)

Quizz and Kakejiku ticket was a way to filter people, because they wanted to meet western fans. If you could answer the quizz or if you were motivated enough to buy Kakejiku, you deserved a place in the dinner.
Actually 2 of the 3 people who bought a Kakejiku weren’t at the dinner due to various reasons, and those were pre-reserved without knowing about the dinner anyway.

I hope you get a quizz this year too for the not so rich fans out there. I really would like to go to this year dinner too though :smiley:

3 Likes

Here’s hoping they let lots of people in then…!

Hi I’m going. First time at AX so I’m very excited.

3 Likes

I think the competition this year for entering the dinner will be much more fierce than last year in Paris though :stuck_out_tongue: The dinner was on thursday and wasn’t largely announced, mostly people following Kawasoft newsfeed knew of this beforehand.

Now VA has a much better presence on the Western side, and there’s much more people interested in this event coming to LA than Paris.

Seems like Japanese fans will come too, though a Japanese/Western fans meeting would be nice if it weren’t for the language barrier. We should not forget South-East Asia fans too (or everywhere in the world).

Yeah, the 1000 is a bit steep for me and the dollar isn’t at a good exchange. (Most I’ve spent at once on an item was 700 on Beatrice Umineko Volks doll) I’m coming from Canada and my whole trip, hotel, ticket was worth that. I’ll spend a few hundred though a merchandise though, so hopefully that would be enough.

Anyone do that quiz before? I wonder what kind of questions they’d ask? Makes me nervous.:persevere:

I can’t believe how I missed there was a dinner in Paris last year! T_T I’d definitely join it if I had known about the event! I don’t think they’re coming back at Japan Expo any soon…
Good luck for everyone who’s going this year! I hope they booked a big restaurant^^

1 Like