RLDev for Dummies

Unfortunately the names get changed around sometimes and they can be hard to find.
I believe they will be as follows:

mingw64-i686-gcc-core (under devel)
mingw64-i686-libpng (under devel) and libpng-devel (under libs)
mingw64-i686-runtime (under devel)

All of the w32api ones are also under devel.

There may be a problem with libpng in future (saying a dll is missing) but the fix for it will show up if you search for libpng or cygpng in this thread.

Thanks, managed to find those.

But now I’m stuck on the next step trying to install ocaml and etc.

Does it matter if my cygwin is installed under D:? I have the ocaml files etc in both C and D but it can’t seem to find them regardless.

Hmm, can you find other folders with it? You could try:

cd /cygdrive/d/ocaml-3.09.3

If that doesn’t work, just to make sure, rename the ocaml-3.09.3 folder to just “ocaml” and then try again.

Personally I run cygwin from my c: drive and keep everything else (rldev, reallive games, etc…) on my f: drive, so I can’t say for certain… But I find it hard to imagine cygwin wouldn’t be able to work from a different drive…

I figured it out. Had to navigate through a few folders.

But now I have yet another problem.

So… sounds like I need an updated version of ocaml that works for Windows 10? Is there one in the cygwin library? I don’t know what it would be called or how to find something like that.

I’d recommend replacing the config.guess file with this one. I’d also do the same with config.sub.

Did the above and now I’m getting this:

You could try:

sed -i ‘s/\r$//’ /gnu/config.guess

From the ocaml folder.

That gives me this:

Weird, I can’t even see that character. Dunno what to do…

The only thing I can think of that might work is to retry with a 32-bit Cygwin and pray that it somehow changes the result.

I’ve uploaded my build of Cygwin and RLDev which is about 5-6 years old. It should be easier for you to use, instead of building everything from scratch. You can download it from here. It’s the latest one, the one that TLWiki people revised. Everything is pre-installed, you just need to call the kprl, rlc, vaconv (recommend you using the newer one that Takafumi has shared here) and rlxml commands. AFAIK, it should work after you set the environment variables. I’ve last tested these builds on a 64-bit Windows 8.1 PC and it worked pretty good, except that at the startup of Cygwin, due to 8.1 it gave me a few errors but they could be ignored if I remember correctly.

1 Like

I was gonna recommend your build earlier, but when I checked the link it came up as unavailable.

1 Like

Yea the link comes up as unavailable for me. Could you reupload it please?

1 Like

Shoot, I didn’t realize the link was broken, sorry. I made another link to the file. You can now download it.

1 Like

For some reason cygwin.bat doesn’t open for me. It opens the window and then closes immediately. (Though the old cygwin I tried does work.)

I managed to screenshot it a split second before it closes and it says “The system cannot find the path specified”.

https://imgur.com/MQVETjB

Also what am I supposed to do with the vaconv? The rar has a folder called “scene” and when I open/extract it it says its corrupted.

You possibly didn’t enter the correct path in the PATH variable. You need to enter something like C:\RLDevSetup\Cygwin\bin (or wherever you extracted cygwin, but it must end with bin) in the beginning of the line, then you put a ; sign at the end of the path and click OK. It should work.

You’ll use the new vaconv with the command line (cmd.exe), not with Cygwin, as it might result in errors (or not, I haven’t tried).

Hey there, I dunno if this thread is totally dead or not but this thread is the best chance I have at getting RLDev to work on my PC, I think. Nowhere else on the internet is as active on the topic of RLDev than here (at least, in English) which is kinda disheartening but I’m not completely void of hope haha. I’ll appreciate any help!

So, I want to do a hack of the official translation of Clannad. While doing a complete playthrough of Clannad on PS4, I was shocked to find so many egregious typos. I’m almost certain that these typos are also on the PC version. It’s kinda sad that Sekai Project couldn’t do a better job at editing and revising their script – but Clannad is a behemoth of a story so I guess I can understand. I realize that probably nobody reading this thinks I will actually be able to go through the million+ words in Clannad and fix every typo, but I’d love to prove you wrong :stuck_out_tongue: I am very dedicated to Clannad and I want it to have a clean, professional-looking script.
Ideally, if I could upload a patch file for anyone interested – maybe even post it on Steam Workshop or something? – that would be awesome. Actually, that might be the only way to do it without, you know, providing the entire revised game for free to everyone. Which would be piracy and then I’d get banned from this forum :hiii:
Ah well enough of the rambling; even if I can’t make a patch file, I’m even crazy enough just to do this for myself hahaha

But anyhow, I’ve spent all of my free time on a day off about a week ago trying to set up RLDev. I’ve tried both on my 64 bit Windows 10 machine, and on a 32 bit Windows 7 virtual machine. I’ve tried over and over, but to no avail.
I got so frustrated after trying for hours that I gave up. But now I’d like to try again, and with the help of this forum.

Basically, I always get stuck in the Ocaml part, at “make world.opt”. Every single time, I get errors (though depending on the solutions I’ve tried from this thread, the errors change, but overall I still get errors). I thought it was a problem with having too modern of an OS (Win 10) so I used a 32 bit virtual machine. Needless to say, it didn’t work.

I’ve also tried RazoRTR’s download link on both of my machines, edited the Environmental Variables and everything, and that didn’t work out for me either.

I apologize if I’m being too vague here, and if you need any specific error details, I’ll boot up cygwin again and screenshot it.
Thank you for any help!!

PS: I’ve reinstalled Clannad on Steam, and its exe is called “SiglusEngine_Steam.exe”… but in the details it’s called “RealLive Engine” and there’s a bunch of RealLive dlls. So now I’m even more confused as to whether Steam version of Clannad is run on the SiglusEngine or the RealLive Engine.
If it’s the SiglusEngine then I guess I’ll look into hacking that…
Couldn’t find any concrete details on this. People say it’s on RealLive, but then why would the exe be called Siglus?

Hello, RazoRTR here!

Now, to answer your questions:
1- I assume it’d be near impossible or require many tweaks to make a fresh install of RLDev on an updated version of both Cygwin and other components.

2- Assuming you’ve set the environment variables properly, the RLDev build I provided should work. You only need to specify a higher Reallive Engine version when disassembling, and even then, it’ll only disassemble most of the scripts (which are the scenario SEENs and there shouldn’t be anything missing with them I presume, didn’t check entirely). You’ll do that with kprl -d Seen.txt -f 1.6.7.3 -o (Drive Letter):\folder\of\extracted\scenes or something like that. The build I’ve uploaded supports all Key titles with Reallive on Steam, with the exception of Sekai Project’s planetarian build, which is based on RealliveMAX entirely.
I’ve made a Turkish patch for Clannad Side Stories based on my build and it works.

3- As to why the executable file is named SiglusEngine_Steam.exe, it should simply be a naming error on SP’s side. If you were to check the description part of the executable file, you’ll see it says Reallive Engine.

Now, here’s a screenshot from CLANNAD, I’ve changed the text to something gibberish in Turkish. It was to try the font editing method I’ve used to display Turkish characters. The font I’ve used is currently not installed on my PC but you can see the edited text

I gotta warn you about something though, disassembled SEEN files don’t contain the name variables used in the game. After the disassembly, you’ll have to put the correct name variables on every line that you’re required to, otherwise there’ll simply be seperate lines that only say “-san” or “-chan” etc. I’ve forgotten how to display the variable since I’m not currently working on CLANNAD and its been years since I’ve tried it but will look into it if you can’t find any info. The needed info should be on Haeleth’s RLDev Manual though.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I’ll be happy to help.

1 Like

I replied just before but my post had too many misunderstandings and I only realized that after the fact, so I impulsively deleted it. I should have just edited the post, I’m sorry :flustered:

But yeah, I wanna say thank you so much for replying so quickly to my post. It says it’s been 6 months since you last posted so that makes me even more thankful! Haha

Anyhow, I’m having this same issue:

I’m pretty sure I set up the environment variables properly:

Here’s a screenshot of the folder path, just to show that I’m not messing it up (I think, lol):

Is there a method for compiling without Cygwin? I don’t mind cross compiling on other OSes if that’s possible.

So… I just read that “Graduation” thread and found out that Kazamatsuri will be shutting down in less than a month. Which means my only hope of getting RLDev to work is going to be gone very soon ;_;
If you could somehow find time to help before Dec 1st rolls around, I will be so thankful!
Thank you…