RLDev for Dummies

Yeah, that’s what I mean. I get that error when using that tool.

Are you using trial version 1.0 then? I don’t know if the tools for that are still around.

I use version 1.10.
There should be no problems since it works with the original game, right?

There was a set of tools for 1.1 and a set of tools for the final release. One set is named AngelBeats_1stBeat_Trial_Tools and one is named AngelBeats_1stBeat_Tools.

If you’re running 1.1, and the 1.1 tools aren’t working, I tell you what’s wrong.

Just in case, the ABFBT git only includes files from the full release of the game, so they may not be compatible with the trial. You’d have to port the translations over to your game manually I’d imagine.

Please help me, i get some unknow error

Do you remember where you downloaded OMake? Was it the 0.9.6.8 from the Baka-Tsuki guide or from the drive link above?

I use Omake downloaded from your google drive link. Please help me. I’ve searched everywhere in internet but no one met the error like me. And sorry for my bad English

I’m fairly sure the problem is Omake’s version. Maybe try the 0.9.6.8 one instead.

Hi I’m having trouble finding the following packages while installing cygwin.

gcc-mingw-core
libpng14-devel
mingw-runtime
w32api

I just can’t find them on the list that comes up.

Unfortunately the names get changed around sometimes and they can be hard to find.
I believe they will be as follows:

mingw64-i686-gcc-core (under devel)
mingw64-i686-libpng (under devel) and libpng-devel (under libs)
mingw64-i686-runtime (under devel)

All of the w32api ones are also under devel.

There may be a problem with libpng in future (saying a dll is missing) but the fix for it will show up if you search for libpng or cygpng in this thread.

Thanks, managed to find those.

But now I’m stuck on the next step trying to install ocaml and etc.

Does it matter if my cygwin is installed under D:? I have the ocaml files etc in both C and D but it can’t seem to find them regardless.

Hmm, can you find other folders with it? You could try:

cd /cygdrive/d/ocaml-3.09.3

If that doesn’t work, just to make sure, rename the ocaml-3.09.3 folder to just “ocaml” and then try again.

Personally I run cygwin from my c: drive and keep everything else (rldev, reallive games, etc…) on my f: drive, so I can’t say for certain… But I find it hard to imagine cygwin wouldn’t be able to work from a different drive…

I figured it out. Had to navigate through a few folders.

But now I have yet another problem.

So… sounds like I need an updated version of ocaml that works for Windows 10? Is there one in the cygwin library? I don’t know what it would be called or how to find something like that.

I’d recommend replacing the config.guess file with this one. I’d also do the same with config.sub.

Did the above and now I’m getting this:

You could try:

sed -i ‘s/\r$//’ /gnu/config.guess

From the ocaml folder.

That gives me this:

Weird, I can’t even see that character. Dunno what to do…

The only thing I can think of that might work is to retry with a 32-bit Cygwin and pray that it somehow changes the result.

I’ve uploaded my build of Cygwin and RLDev which is about 5-6 years old. It should be easier for you to use, instead of building everything from scratch. You can download it from here. It’s the latest one, the one that TLWiki people revised. Everything is pre-installed, you just need to call the kprl, rlc, vaconv (recommend you using the newer one that Takafumi has shared here) and rlxml commands. AFAIK, it should work after you set the environment variables. I’ve last tested these builds on a 64-bit Windows 8.1 PC and it worked pretty good, except that at the startup of Cygwin, due to 8.1 it gave me a few errors but they could be ignored if I remember correctly.

1 Like

I was gonna recommend your build earlier, but when I checked the link it came up as unavailable.

1 Like