Ridiculous Theories

I don’t think it is a ridiculous theory because the tree could be a metaphor of Ayu’s good memories with Yuuichi which, I suppose, lead him in a dream where he meets Ayu again and can remember what he forgot in order to fulfill his promise and returns to her. But what’s good with Kanon is that we can imagine a lot of theories. :thinking:

2 Likes

Spoiler warning for Mob Psycho 100’s manga (not yet adapted in anime): I’m fairly convinced that the aliens that Tome and friends met came from the planet that the early Key heroines inhabited

elyen

5 Likes

(Spoilers for Planetarian, Little Busters and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
Imagine Yumemi being the actual God of everything that has happened in Key universes, but some of her features was actualy a government project that’s made after obtaining a certain alien element called Keyonionum from a space expedition (minor LB spoilers from Kud’s route) (one which Kudryavka’s mother [or even Kudryavka herself] has taken part in). The element was then has made experiments on throughout the years, with the help of quantum computers causing the Third World War, a war of power clashing between nations. Sealed in a planetarium for years to hide from the outer nations, with a hidden feature of creating microuniverses, simulations that create an energy source of a certain wavelength, out of some Keyonionum; observing the world around her through the cameras outside the planetarium, Yumemi sees a human that’s affected from the after effects of a Keyonionum but on a cellular level (our boi Junker). After her encounter with him, his condition activates her secret feature of creating microuniverses to alter the time-space continuum, she puts her knowledge of the world (Main Realm) into the work and creates little sentient programs called Users to interact with the microuniverses. These microuniverses come with pre-made scenarios that are made by certain scientists that worked on the project. With the activation of the feature called God’s Hand, the Junker’s conscience is made into the Overseer of all microuniverses and the main power source of all the simulations. And her only purpose is to create a utopia that everything is okay… by feeding off of the emotions of the people inside Key universes, kinda like (Madoka spoilers) the Incubator from Madoka that’s trying to maintain the energy balance of the universe by clashing the Witches and Magical Girls.

1 Like

What if Akio from CLANNAD went through the same light orb experience as Tomoya?

2 Likes

It’s exactly what I thought ! It would be great if it was true and it would explain a lot of things.

2 Likes

This actually makes a lot of sense when i think about it.

3 Likes

Kuze from Kanon was actually the good guy and Mai was really just going to school at night to bust some windows

2 Likes

Full Kanon and Clannad spoilers.

So, while I was making the image below, I realized something; obviously, Ayu and Fuko’s routes share the same skeleton. But why? Once upon a time, I put in the back of my head as Maeda possibly honoring Hisaya as a writer following their companionship from Kanon (a theory I base on absolutely nothing) but then I wondered something. What if Ayu and Fuko aren’t different. What if, and bear with me here, they’re the same person? Anyone who’s seen a time loop in fiction can tell you, reality is only what our small brains can perceive. Kouko claims Fuko had been in her coma for seven years, but I don’t think once it is said that Clannad actually takes place in 2003. 1999, perhaps? Ayu has also been in a coma for the exact amount of time. Both of them are still children. Both of them are the same person.

Fuko comes from a timeline where Yuuichi failed. Nay, the timelines where Yuuichi failed. Fuko is the result of every bad end Ayu, punished for her sins of taiyaki avarice. Further trapped in a time loop, winter ends, and spring begins. Ayu loved nothing and no one, thus is granted someone to take care of. To earn her wings and free her from the infinity loop, God grants her a sister to take of and a home to go back to. Paradise isn’t something given to you, it’s something you create yourself. Yuuichi can’t save her anymore; in the end, Ayu realizes that she can only really save herself. Thus, because she has short hair, she grows it out instead of doing the anime trope of cutting it all off. All she has is a knife and all the wood in Hikarizaka’s forests. Ayu died that day, because of the wind. Then, Fuko (wind child) is born.

6 Likes