Rewrite Harvest festa! - Rewrite Quest Discussion

Discussion topic for the grindy minigame of Rewrite Harvest festa!, Rewrite Quest! Ironically, anything from both Rewrite and Harvest Festa can be discussed in this topic as playing this game requires you to finish all routes from Harvest festa (and reading HF assumes you’ve finished Rewrite, as well). As always, make sure to refer to information from other series with the appropriate [spoiler] tags.

I don’t think RQ is that horribly grindy. I usually just checked out the whole map, and then fought the boss; rinse and repeat 9 times, and then you’re done. I straight up stole my setup from some forum. I had Kotarou, Shizuru and Lucia in front; while having Chihaya, Kotori and Akane in the back. The main strategy was just to set up Kotarou’s buffs on himself; Shizuru and Akane buff the team, then Kotori and possibly Chihaya can keep everyone healthy. After 3 turn of that Kotarou and Lucia can just go ham on the boss. You can switch the attackers and healer, but Akane is pretty much a must; her buffs and debuffs are blatantly over-powered. Playing like that made the game very easy up until the Yoshino level.
One of the strangest things to happen during my first playthrough was the fight versus Krivoyrog. He would regularly use an attack that almost always stunned 4-5 party members for multiple turns. I’ve never had this happen to me in any of the subsequent playthroughs.
Also, I’ve always hated the fact that Inoue isn’t in RQ. If Yoshino can fight familiars then she totally can too. Shimako being the final party member added nothing to the experience. She’s not an extremely good character, and she isn’t funny; I don’t care that she has the same VA as Inoue.

Why are your stats so low dude? Check mine. Grinding is not that hard, got really strong items for all of them. Main hitters are Kotarou, Chihaya, Kagari. Lucia backup hitter. Shizuru and Kotori healer and backup hitter (my Kotori’s pets hit really hard, she alone can clear a whole area by herself with pet damage 350+). Check out my Kotarou’s skill damage https://snag.gy/7iq8js.jpg

You’re wrong dude. Shimako is really strong. If you have the right pets she can also clear monsters by herself. She has huge mana pool, and can triple pet effects. I always use her too. She’s better than Kotori when it comes to controlling familiar, though I prefer Kotori because of her heals and buffs.

Don’t post twice in a row. Make longer posts with quotes if needed.

Grinding may not be hard, but it’s really boring. The gameplay in Rewrite Quest is so bare-bone. After you get over the excitement from playing with beloved characters, it’s inferior to any other RPG. I get more enjoyment out of extracting the voice clips rather than playing the game. All the fun comes from the characters, and Shimako is the least likable character they could’ve used.

I actually liked this one game. It wasn’t all that grindy. Characters interactions were fun and as a little addition to the whole story it was nice.
I’ve used Kotarou-Chihaya-Lucia in the 1st row and Shizuru-Kotori-Akane in the 2nd.
Chihaya is extremely nice defender and Kotarou with Lucia can provide the most dps in my opinion.
Shizuru can move between lines and useful as both healer/debuffer and attacker.
Kotori got a nice control over familiars and irreplaceable healer + anti-debuffer.
Akane’s orders are plainly OP, so you just can’t put her away.
I’ve leveled up Kagari, Sakuya, Yoshino, and Shimako, but didn’t really use them in an actual playthrough.
I’ll probably run RQ in hard-mode later… But I should probably start a new run for that, and not use that “cheating old-man”, lol :smiley: