Rewrite - Anime Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

When the rewrite anime was announced, my thoughts were like ‘they need at least 48 episodes and if they don’t do every route I’m going to hate the
anime!’.

I guess that changed a bit since then. Now I like the idea of a original ‘6th route’ more than just an adaptation of everything that happend already in the vn. I think this works way better for people who haven’t read the vn. And also, it could make people want to know more and read the vn. Of course it would have been nice to see the heroine routes we love so much in an anime format but it’s not really necessary for the message of rewrite.

It’s fine if they do parts of common and the 6th route in Cour one and moon + Terra in a second Cour. That’s what I would like to see. But hey, if they manage to fit the overall message of rewrite and a good conclusion at the end in 13 episodes that’s also fine with me.

What I want from this anime is to get more people interested in rewrite. People who don’t want to start a 50+ hour vn without knowing if it’s going to be good (even if I tell them it’s absolutely worth their time).

I’m still pretty hyped for whatever this is going to be. Only four more days!

Uhm does anyone know which English site is going to stream rewrite? I didn’t see anything on Chrunchyroll or funimation.

7 Likes

This is actually the biggest problem… It’s released in a few days and absolutely nobody has made any inkling as to whether they will officially translate it. I’d honestly be surprised, in this day and age, an anime of this scale not being on crunchyroll or the like.

But hey, worst case happens, fans go and sub it the way they’ve been doing before crunchyroll. Just means a few days delay from Japan :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

“We’ll be announcing more coming to our summer lineup, so be sure to keep checking back here for more details!” - Crunchyroll
Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-957511/summer-2016-announcements

Y’all can have fun with that.

3 Likes

I think Aniplex US often announces summer titles at Anime Expo. Their industry panel is Friday July 1 4-5 pm (assuming PDT since it’s LA but I don’t see a timezone).
I’d say wait for that before worrying. A lot of time simulcasts aren’t announced until the day of (sometimes after) episode 1 airs because they’re still working on the contract.

Well this is all purely speculations so nothing is confirmed lol also he is a part of the staff and he must have already know how many episodes the show will have so he can plan his schedule (or the company that he belongs to) so even if it doesn’t confirm anything there is a big chance that what he is saying is true, we gotta wait for the official announcement I guess.

Also please don’t say “Neither of you actually know what he meant”, one of the main purposes of this thread is “speculation”, we are trying to work together to see if we can find something meaningful in the hints that we are given, of course there is a chance that we might be wrong but thats what speculation is. instead of saying that “you don’t know” how about you help us with the speculation and tell us what you understood from Morita’s words?

Also I don’t think we will know that Rewrite will get a second season when the first episode airs, they won’t release the info until the final episode airs I guess.

But that’s already after the first episode comes out in Japan :frowning:

I remember back in spring 2015, Crunchyroll announced that they will stream Shokugeki no Soma only few hours before the broadcast lol, and they did that with many other shows.

But the anime airs by…

^^;

3 Likes

According to Tensho, we will be getting a new PV and CM soon!!

2 Likes

First time I see someone post UTC (GMT) at some forums I’m at, I always had to adjust through several different USA timezones, I think I’m going to fall in love :heartbeat: (lol)

14:30… well, it’s Saturday, I’ll sleep 'til really late then, I guess, so the waiting doesn’t feel too long :persevere:

Aniplex simulcasts are usually 60-120 minutes after the Japanese airing so it’ll probably be 15:30-16:30 GMT.

Good. The 2nd PV is not gonna make people interested.

3rd PV can probably hype it up.

1 Like

[quote]Rewrite launches Sunday, July 2 at 9:00am PT for Crunchyroll
members in the following territories: North America, Central America,
South America, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand[/quote]
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/06/28-1/crunchyroll-adds-rewrite-to-summer-anime-lineup
Forum post says 9 AM PT so I’ll assume that’s correct now: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-957511/summer-2016-announcements

5 Likes

Any one knows when rewrite comes out in South America (i’m really hyped but no one in my whole continent knows about rewrite) sad :pensive:
PD: sorry bad English (Spanish speaker)

Same time as South America is listed as one of Crunchyroll’s regions for Rewrite.

1 Like

Do I need a Crunchy roll subscription or anything to stream it?

Yeah it’s $6 a month. Shows go free 7 days later though

1 Like

Thanks a lot :open_hands: :kyogrin:

How about you don’t argue with a moderator when he tells you that the discussion is getting out of hand.

Rewrite PV3 (no region block)
:smiley:

5 Likes