Rewrite Anime - Episode 5 "Asahi Haruka"

After rewatching this episode, I realized that its actually really not that rushed. or badly adapted. The main mystery is not Asahi Haruka herself but her powers or more to be exact Lucia’s powers. The pacing from each event is coherent and makes sense, we already know who Asahi Haruka was from the very start or atleast halfway through the episode. Koutarou already knew the true identity of Asahi Haruka after calling every male student and after finding Lucia out in the rain. I would say the main mystery was why Lucia wears gloves and what her powers are and Asahi Haruka was just the supporting idea/factor. Koutarou asks Shizuru why she wears gloves but the answer is not told to us until the end. The focus for each heroine background is not the character itself but mainly to know what their power and affiliation is. If you think of it like that pacing seems better and kinda start to get a feel of what the anime is trying to do or atleast to me it does.

3 Likes

This episode was pretty good. I’m finding it hard to stomach Kotarou and Lucia’s friendship because they spent so little time together beforehand, but the mystery was really interesting, and I’m looking forward to seeing how the Guardian vs. Gaia thread pans out in later episodes.

Doing some necroposting here.
Just stating a couple of thoughts…
As I’ve been struggling through Lucia’s actual route in the Rewrite VN, I’ve decided to rewatch ep 5 of anime.
Yes, this adaptation is still questionable and it doesn’t represent the whole route… Still, it does shows us the part which I myself consider to be at least somewhat interesting. I must state that I dislike Lucia’s route and find it rather badly written… Why do I think that way? Well, thats a discussion for another thread.
Okay, going back to the adaptation.
1st of all, it strikes as one of the most decently animated in the whole series. Those who have already completed Rewrite-anime may probably relate to my sentiment, as with every next episode the whole quality was going down the hill.
2ndary it was a good contrast to ep 4, which was focused on Shizuru and her route. And that one was just bad… Came out of nowhere (though, ep 5 does that as well), was badly paced, showed us only the glimpse of an actual Shizuru route (well, I can understand why) and was animated worse than ep5 or ep3.
Next point is… Its rushed, but paced better than the actual route in VN. They did ignore some of the story points, but at least it wasn’t plagued with strange mimics of a conflict between Chihaya and Lucia (a glimpse of which we’ve seen in ep 4).
All in all, it was a good sail. I mean, I’ve hated this ep just a few months ago, but now… Looking back at it. Its somewhat decent.
Though, the whole chapel scene was kinda like a propose… and the prospect of tonning down their relations from this point onwards looks rather bad.

Obviously, for those of you who haven’t read the VN yet, it would be better to just go and so.
But for those who have read it, but for some unknown reason decided to reminiscence on Lucia’s route or get its mood – this ep is a perfect opportunity to do so. It helped me to remember pretty much all of the vital points of the plot, including those past this episode’s events, and pretty much readied me for Harvest festa! Lucia-route.