Rewrite Anime - Episode 21 “Reunion”

Are we not gonna talk about how totally-not-japanese names such as Midou, Tenshin and Tenma ended up all the way over there? :shock:

2 Likes

Plot twist: their parents are actually weeaboos

4 Likes

Adding to what @Khsellhu said, whoever wrote that chat clearly didn’t have the best grasp of the English language.

I’m from an Arab country and I do agree that Yasmine feels more correct than Jasmine. But I’d just like to point out a bit of mistake regarding the female form… Yasmine = Yasmin that e makes no difference as they’re both pronounced the same way as “ياسمين” the female form in arabic is “ياسمينة” which is pronounced as a word on its own as Yasmina or Yasminato… if it’s in a sentence, it might become Yasminato, Yasminati, Yasminata or even Yasminaten, Yasminaton, Yasminatin depending on the word’s position in a sentence… Things are different in Arabic as there don’t exist syllables but rather a letter’s “movement” and the movement of a last letter in every word depends on its position in a sentence… Well, let’s just say it’s Yasmina.

About, the chat username, I can imagine Yasmine whoes name in Arabic also means the flower using the English translation of her name which is Jasmine. For example, if her name was Imen (which means ‘faith’) she would’ve used Faith as a username… Kinda get it?

Haha, unfortunately, there’s no way for that to happen… In Arabic countries, you can’t name someone with a name that isn’t Arabic or Muslim only in a few cases (Uuu I can’t give my children weeb names)…
I imagine that those three aren’t originately from there as Midou has blond hair which is REALLY rare in middle east countries.

And that is of course supposing they’re from an Arab country. By the way, isn’t this getting too out of topic?

7 Likes