Rewrite Anime Announced!

Come on man.
Toei.

3 Likes

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I shouldn’t even be here but I’m breathless right now. Just… Oh My God the hype is real!!! I promise I’ll cut their heads if they don’t give me a perfect adaptation of Lucia’s route.

Two words I gotta say and they are the same word but I don’t care: YES!!! YES!!!

Now please don’t make it just one cour 8 bit. Please don’t.

2 Likes

Rewrite one cour would be heartbreaking. Hell I’m even trying to think of a way to fit it into two cour without making it feel rushed. Little Busters format of one 2 cour season + one one cour season would probably be ideal for it.

Better get your axe ready or get your head out of the clouds, I’m 100% sure it won’t be perfect.

5 Likes

The kind is dead, long live the king!

I’m really worried about Romeo Tanaka being the screenwriter. He has like no experience working on anime. He could be like Jun Maeda for all we know, and completely fall apart when faced with an anime.

not really…Okay you can just sit there and not watch it, nobody is forcing you to watch it. It’s just like another rewrite product being released… I hate to break it to you but rewrite didn’t even sell that well, so the fact we are getting this is what it is. Welp I know you will be eating this “crap” up even if you complain about it, there is almost zero chance you will not watch it at all. Go ahead don’t watch it at all. Prove how bad this studio is by not watching it at all. Why are you planing to watch crap? oh right because ITS REWRITE MAX HYPE. Also in regards of grisaia the 2nd season has a higher average score on mal than Charlotte right now. and Charlotte is key and had a “(insert newly formed opinion about studio based off of Charlotte here)” studio to back it up…?

Sorry buddy I am going to be hype, I want to see for myself if it turns out good or bad, I will go through the whole series no matter what in hopes that there are some good parts. People where mad shit talking about the little busters anime as well before it came out, it might of been a bit rough here and there but for sure was worth watching. I feel charlotte was hyped super high hype and turned out not the best but still for sure worth watching just to see if you thought it was good or not and discussing the good and the bad… Even if you go back to the time of kyoani, Air was absurdly rushed, so even the “best” screw up here and there. (that isn’t even their big mess up overall lol… hint 8 shivers)

You have no way to prove it is bad right now… cause news flash it isn’t out… just going in with a negative view will make it seem worse than it is. But really you can think what you want, nobody will force you to watch it but I know you probably will… Yeah you are right it most likely won’t live up to its full anime potential but I would say 99% of anime don’t live up near to their full potential. Just stop being so worried and watch it when it comes, criticize some praise it some… you know the drill.

I’m getting confused. But anyway. I’ve already stated that I don’t plan to watch it. At most I’ll watch Episode 1, but that’s it. Unless I hear that it’s actually really good after it airs, then I have no intentions of watching it.

The difference is that PA Works has an amazing track record compared to 8-bit. Also, Grisaia’s 2nd Season didn’t adapt a 50+ hour visual novel, so it has that in it’s favor.

Go ahead and watch it. It’s fine that you’re excited for a Rewrite anime, but I’d much rather people keep their expectations low.

I’m just speculating based on what I already know. There’s nothing wrong with that. Also, I disagree. If I go into the show thinking it will be shit, then I won’t be as let down, and think better of it than if I expected something.

I don’t really care too much about it living up to it’s potential. I just want it to be good, which I’d say a large amount of anime are.

What did you say ? Common guys, 8-bit studio they did very well in adapting from novel. Grisaia is an example, Tokyo Ravens too, I read novel already and in my opinion they did well. There were many failed projects in adapting from novel to anime before and Grisaia is a rare light point lately. Let give them a chance, like KyotoAni before, after CLANNAD they were famous, and now 8-bit, a young studio, let them assert themselves through Rewrite. Maybe they would be able to do impossible things.

Key gives Rewrite to 8-bit, in my opinion, the reason is 8-bit adapts in MANY COURSES. Tokyo Ravens is two, Grisaia too. No more fuck-up one-cour like AB! and Charlotte!

I could say that it’s a bad anime, but I think that it’s almost factual that as far as adapting the material, 8bit didn’t quite bad. I mean, Yumiko’s route is changed almost completely. There’s also tons of information left out in Sachi’s route. The anime was more of a summary of the VN than anything else.

They were already famous, since by that point they’d already made Haruhi, Lucky Star, and Full Metal Panic.

They aren’t very young, and have enough projects in their record for people to form a solid opinion on them.

We don’t know how many cours it will be. For all we know, it will be 1. That’s what they did with Grisaia.

Before Clannad Kyoto Animation had: Full Metal Panic, Haruhi, Air, Kanon and Lucky Star. I’m pretty sure all of those are decently rated (not 100% on FMP) 8bit has done Grisaia and Absolute Duo and that’s all I really see anyone talk about. They have done a lot more than KyoAni did at the point of Clannad though http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?p=441

They usually did >20eps for almost their anime I saw. It is a safe length for an long novel.

Sorry for my lack of infomation.

And there was an good apdaption, not like others. They did well, not excellently, but well, at least not many bad things they received. Like I said, adaption an novel to anime is very hard, many projects failed before, but Grisaia was like a light point. Not bad, not excellent but good. I can enjoy Grisaia without jealous, just like review my game after all.

Oh man what is “SHERE” ?=)))))) (Upper right corner)

hype hype hype
haven’t been excited about an anime adaption since Refrain

I hope it will 4 cour + a movie trilogy for moon and terra (we can always dream)

Didn’t the writer of Yuiko’s route work on the Litbus anime?

They’ve already seen Rewrite at it’s best. The only draw to an animated version is that… It’s animated. It’ll always be low quality in comparison to what we already know.

I don’t know where you are getting that. For a PC game in 2011 it sold really well.

MAL’s scoring system is managed terribly though. You shouldn’t treat it as a worthwhile statistic.

So might going in with a positive view. Any expectation will do that it you get too focused on it.

I’ll probably do what I did with Litbus - Wait for it to finish, then watch 3 or 4 notable episodes.

100 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rewrite - Anime Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

A post was merged into an existing topic: Rewrite - Anime Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

I’m the guy XheCo from back in Tomoyo after, I couldn’t say thanks for the translation in the forums because I can’t create an account for some strange reason, but I found you here by coincidence so I want to express my gratitude now.

Edit: Sorry. I didn’t know that replying to another user would create a second post, I’ll try to avoid this in the future.

1 Like

Hey, no problem. I’m glad you were able to enjoy it. That translation was the result of a lot of dedicated people, so I’ll be sure to relay your appreciation to them.

I’m excited to see how the English version of CLANNAD, Harmonia, and of course the Rewrite anime turn out. There’s a lot of reason to be optimistic as a Key fan!

Be sure to support Key/VisualArt’s by buying their releases, all right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll leave them here for now, but keep in mind that this is completely off topic. In future @random_user if you want to speak to someone directly, consider sending them a private message instead.