Rewrite Anime Announced!

Following the Japanese television premier of Charlotte's final episode, a brief PV for a Rewrite Anime adaptation was revealed, to be animated by studio 8-Bit!

It will feature screenplay by Tanaka Romeo (Script of Rewrite) & Kai (Script of CLANNAD and Angel Beats! -1st beat-), character design by Nonaka

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://kazamatsuri.org/rewrite-anime-announced/
5 Likes

I dong give a shit if the studio is bad or whatever - The most important thing for me is that its gonna be animated, and its gonna be full of “life” or how to say it. Its like to see something you love so much being alive and not just pics ya know… anyways I just CANT OMG HYPE

3 Likes

After charlotte nothign matter, Rewrite can’t even let me down now i just want to see shizuru again I Am absolutely livid

3 Likes

I’m really afraid that this will be really bad especially for newcomers to the series.
But personally for me, I’m really really happy that it’s being animated by ANYONE.
Seeing certain parts of this VN animated is enough to get my HYPED TO THE MOON.

4 Likes

Yes. So much yeeeeees.

https://twitter.com/rewrite_tv

Welcome, YESSSS !!!

Now, I know this is exciting, but it’s being produced by 8bit. May I remind you that 8bit butchered Grisaia to pieces? Let’s hope they do Rewrite some justice at least…

Anyway, REWRITE FUCKING HYPE

1 Like

2015 - The year of KEY, ladies and gentlemen. Savor it! =D

4 Likes

I lost all of moods after I watch anime studio…

Nope.

You know what works as an Anime? Kanon, it’s routes are almost completely independent from each other and, while you do have to sacrifice the romantic angle to make them work in one cohesive story, it’s is a fairly reasonable loss that doesn’t impact the story too much.

You know what doesn’t work as an Anime? Rewrite, it’s routes are heavily intertwined and laced with character deaths, time skips, vital romance, and straight up contradictory character development. They cannot possibly work together in one cohesive story without resetting for each route, or making SIGNIFICANT changes.

Factor in the questionable studio, and the simple truth is that there is no way this will be a good adaptation.

Also the source material is shit so ya know.

3 Likes

Finally its happening! This is going to be good, no matter the studio. Its Rewrite!

In Moon it clearly states all the routes happened in alt timelines so they can keep all of them in tact (I doubt they will though)

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s really a good news, except Terra, I don’t think that any route can be greatly adapted. Plus, if they do the route of Kotori (I hope there’s not the case but it seems it’s this) I think this adaptation will be bad. I am happy that Rewrite got an anime but it will just ruins all the potential of him I think. And 8-bits studio… I think it’s not a good choice to choose them, P.A Works can do better in my opinion. Rewrite is my favorite Key piece and I don’t want it became like Little Busters. As I says, I think that Terra is the greatest choice for an adaptation.

wait guys, there is one thing that still makes me think it might be good. It is an anime and Maeda has nothing to do with it.

2 Likes

Just like how another Key Anime had the same excuse but didn’t exploit it :^)

4 Likes

@Kanon has an extremely valid point, and it’s something that we’ve discussed at lengths before this announcement even happened…

BUT I DON’T GIVE A FUCK BECAUSE REWRITE ANIME

4 Likes

Pretty much my exact reaction. Unless they go full Chaos;Head, I’m good with it.

It’s a fair problem, but the fact is that these are usually made for fans of the source, and for those of us this treat is jsut so awesome to see. It had seemed like we would never get this really.

This is all i can feel right now.

Kud Wafter series is clearly next

1 Like

oh no, that anime was really bad and I dont even know the source material.

Source material was fantastic. Imagine an adaptation of Clannad, where they skip all the girl’s routes, go Sunohara end, and then skip to After Story with no explanation.

That’s the Chaos;Head anime.

2 Likes