Preview of the Rewrite Anime Insert song, End of the World, released

VisualArt's has just uploaded a new video to their YouTube channel, and the title says it all! A preview of the previously announced insert song for the upcoming Rewrite Anime, "End of the World", has now been uploaded and is available for your viewing pleasure in the video above. The

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://kazamatsuri.org/preview-of-the-rewrite-anime-insert-song-end-of-the-world-released/
1 Like

Now this is more like it!

Maeda never skimps out on his music at least :wink:
Can’t wait for the full track.

1 Like

Thank goodness the song sounds more GirlDeMo-like than How-Low-Hello-like. Maeda has finally come to his senses. :3 I’m glad he uses more rock elements, rather than bass elements.

I don’t know about the singer for the song… Her voice is very soft, and Maeda uses a lot of instrumental background instrument that would be more suitable for someone like Runa Mizutani, LiSA, or Marina. I’d rather hear Anri Kumaki sing a acoustic version of it. It would be beautiful. But I don’t know the lyrics, so maybe its suitable for Anri’s voice, maybe not.

Other than that, I loved the ending. The piano playing was beautiful :slight_smile:

I can see this playing in the Oppai ova

Ayyyyyyyyy fuck you

Seriously though, have you even bothered to listen to the How-Low-Hello album? Because I simply cannot imagine how you would think that Maeda was out of his senses when making those songs.

I honestly can’t imagine that.

5 Likes

Well,to be honest when i first heard of the song Title [End of the World] i expected the song would give me the vibe of something similar to Umineko soundtrack with similar name or Rewrite Original Soundtrack - Finale :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But it turn out to be completely different than i thought :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Still a very nice song though :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ve been listening to it for quite a while, and it sounds real good. I can imagine this being used in the anime though.

1 Like

Going to guess its an insert song. ‘Philosophyz’ and ‘Sasayaka na Hajimari’ are specifically labeled as an Opening and Ending respectively on Rewrite TV’s official website, while ‘End of the World’ is not. Ontop of that, the same singer performed the insert song for Charlotte’s last episode.

If there was any indication it was going to be an Opening or Ending, it would be the fact the video is 90 seconds in length.

In my opinion, the song is not bad. Like other anime songs, perhaps seeing it in the show itself with context will help me enjoy it more.

2 Likes

I expected end of the world to be a slower song, but I liked it anyway I think it can fit well in Rewrite

1 Like

My introduction to Kumaki was a song she performed for a Makoto Shinkai movie a few years ago, a really lovely piece by Tenmon (my fave composer for visual novels, after Maeda, of course!) It’s neat that she’s working with Maeda now! Their styles gel well together, as “Kimi no Moji” has shown.

1 Like

I did listen to the album. I didn’t like it. It sounded kinda generic. Bad-generic to me. How-Low-Hello does have its good songs, but for the most, it’s uninteresting to me. Not to mention the irrelevancy of How-Low-Hello in the anime. Maybe I just didn’t like the repetitive chorus that seemed/felt the same to my ears

And Oppai ! it’s the “end of the world” for humanity with perverted senses from Kotarou

I think it will most likely be an insert song for the original Kagari route.

My japanese isn’t really that good but from what I understand this song is about Kotarou and Kagari(is this a spoiler?)

I can’t wait to see this original route, hopefully it will be something great

1 Like

JoJo had a cooler song title End of THE WORLD.

1 Like

This is really a great song for the Rewrite anime. I think it would work out since the theme is pretty much in tune with the way how the series is concerned. I’m not sure what else to say about but it sounds the song could do very well for how they will use it in terms of the anime.

Despite the song title being “End of the World”, it is a love song more than anything.

And before you get started, no, it isn’t about the love of boobs

3 Likes

After several listens, Ive decided to put all my cards on this being a second cour OP. As previously mentioned by @Zyzyoro , it is 90 seconds. It also follows the standard anime opening musical progression to a T: short, no-vocal build up with base drum/snare -> verse one -> bridge, leading to a quick climax with the strike of the piano and split second silence -> chorus -> sudden key change at the end of the chorus -> short piano outro. Seriously, listen to just about any anime opening. They all sound very similar in terms of progression. It’s all about quick build up, slow build up, climax, high speed, then sudden drop-off at the end.

Besides, that would follow Key’s past pattern too. Second cour = brand new OP/ED. Although, it would be different since its not a vocal arrange of a BGM.

Normally, I’d say this was too upbeat to be an ED (which have a different kind of progression anyway). HOWEVER, this is a Key anime we’re talking about, so I wouldnt put it past them.

Whatever it is, I really like this song. Anri Kumaki proves once again that she has a really beautiful voice. I hope we continue to hear stuff from her.

4 Likes

I think you mean second season. My bets are on third cour.