Poll: Which Key protagonist is your favourite and why?

Well, unfair or not, other protags are still getting a decent amount of love, so I’d say why the hell not :wink: Our favourites aren’t only determined by the amount of immersion they had in a story, after all

1 Like

@Pepe
I get that, lol I know it’s just a personal opinion.
I said earlier, I love every single character in Key. XD

I have to say that Kotarou is by far the best. Here, I’m choosing him as the best character, not that he’s the one who appeals the most to me. It’s just, he’s by far the most human, the best made. He just feels real.

But overall, since I’ve not watched all Key anime (like, Air and Kanon and (what the hell is Harmonia?!?) are still on my list), I’d probably go for Tomoya. Angel Beats main characters aren’t my type and the other characters doesn’t have enough development. Charlotte’s main character gets on my nerve because of his narcissism. Riki is just weak and Little Busters itself was just weird.

As for Planetarian, I’m still reading it, so I can’t say.

1 Like

Well. My vote was gonna go for Kotarou. He’s already winning so I’ll just go for Hinata. But, seriously. HOW IN THE WORLD DID REI GET VOTES ?! Harmonia didn’t even come out yet.

Her design looks cute? (I don’t know. I didn’t vote for her. XP )

http://kazamatsuri.org/harmonia/

[quote=“Psychocrysma, post:28, topic:1480”]
Riki is just weak
[/quote]Wow… do we really have to go over this again… (LitBus spoilers)[Riki is not weak!] (Little Busters! - Riki Naoe Character Discussion)

[quote=“Psychocrysma, post:28, topic:1480”]
Little Busters itself was just weird.
[/quote]Ummm… not really sure even what to say to that… almost everyone here would disagree with you. Have you only watched the anime, perhaps? The VN is infinitely better.

[quote=“Kotarou, post:29, topic:1480”]
He’s already winning so I’ll just go for Hinata.
[/quote] Good choice (b^_^)b

[quote=“EisenKoubu, post:30, topic:1480”]
Her design looks cute? (I don’t know. I didn’t vote for her. XP )
[/quote]…

Rei is a guy…

3 Likes

I just noticed, that I voted, but never write anything here. Tomoya is my choice here. No one comes even close to him for me, not even when I consider Yuu, who is kinda cool too. It’s hard to explain for me why I like Tomoya, so I wont, because it would get to personal.

It was a tough choice between Riki and Tomoya, but I had to go with Tomoya.

Riki’s character development is great, I really love how he changes through the game, going from unconfidant follower to being worthy to lead the Little Busters.

Tomoya on the other hand has enough character to be interesting (with his relationship with his dad, and his delinquent way in general) but for the most part, he is just an ordinary caring dude.

Riki is a great character, but I feel like he becomes to strong to be my favorite character, where as Tomoya learns to deal with his weakness. Instead of overcoming his past, he chooses not to let it drag him down, and that is why Tomoya is my favorite character.

1 Like

My mistake. I’ve only ever seen that blonde girl from the concept art, so I half-assumed she was the protagonist, which would have been a welcome change. I’d love a Key game with a female protagonist one of these days. :slight_smile:

I don’t think Jun Maeda would be willing to do one where the girl is the protagonist. And, I don’t mind it either, having the girl not be the protagonist, I mean, I don’t wanna be sexist or anything, but I like Key’s harem style writing. It makes it feel nice, knowing that you get more choices than 1, and also, the main female lead is also superior to my eyes. If they changed the gender, I don’t think it would feel the same. But if they ever do make a swapped visual novel, I honestly hope Itaru draws the guys. Not really a fan of Na-Ga’s drawings for guys. Also, is someone going to release a “Favorite female lead” ? I’d vote for Kagari honestly.

1 Like

b-but… muh Kyousuke ;_; MUH HINATA ;_;

5 Likes

I’m with Yukito, I love his carefree personality and dry sense of humor, but when things get serious he becomes extremely caring and proactive.

Kotarou is probably the most interesting in my eyes, but I never really it attached to him as a character.

2 Likes

Eh, I only like the character designs for Hinata, Ooyama, Yuzuru, and Yu, if we’re talking about the guys.

That’s, like, one less than all of the male characters that Hinoue has designed o_O

2 Likes

Hmm ? But CLANNAD had lots of guys, Kanon and Rewrite too. I assume you’re talking about the protagonist though. But it wouldn’t make sense since Ooyama isn’t the protagonist.

Kitazawa, Yukito, Sunohara, Yoshino, Yoshino, Kotarou; I guess I underestimated :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t count Yuuichi and Tomoya because they didn’t really have a “design” in the VN so I can’t even be sure if Hinoue designed them at all

I also didn’t count the old guys like Esaka and Komuro now I feel bad :frowning:

but Tomoya had a design in Tomoyo After.

I never played tomoyo after so I guess I didn’t know about it D:

I had to go with Tomoya. Despite their stark differences, their similar traits make them all kind of blend together in my mind, so I chose the protagonist with the strongest story to me. Once I finish Rewrite, Kotarou might take his place as I’m totally in love with him already.

Totally never noticed there were two before. So we have and Shiori, Yoshino, and Yusa with recycled names (and a few others if you count pre-Key stuff). Anyone else I’m missing?

Fix that immediately!

I personally didn’t find it too special, it was sweet I suppose but I don’t think it’s a must play.