Planetarian - Anime Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

Does that mean I’ll be able to watch it in Europe?

No, but it’s a step in the right direction.

Depends where in Europe. If you’re in the UK or Ireland probably since there’s no “*” indicating US/Canada only on the site. If you aren’t FUNimation doesn’t provide but someone else might pick it up.

What about nico nico douga itself?

I’m not sure if that’s region locked since some stuff is and some isn’t but it probably doesn’t have subtitles.

Probably?

The stream is intended for Japanese audiences so I don’t think they’d have English subtitles. I don’t know for sure so I didn’t want to say the didn’t.

Niconico most definitely does not have subtitles and is most definitely japan-only. I guess you could get a VPN if you wanted, but you could do the ssme for funimation

1 Like

Planetarian will premier on FUNimation Friday July 8 @ 12:30 AM ET (4:30 AM UTC) http://www.funimation.com/p/summer

1 Like

I just discovered that they’ve added comments from the original staff!
Does anyone think they could translate Suzumoto’s comment? The machine translation is gibberish

涼元悠一
よもや映像化とは! それも色々びっくりの陣容&内容で! というのが偽らざる気持ちです。
ささやかに始まり、ややこしくも息長く続いてきた「planetarian ~ちいさなほしのゆめ~」、
きっかけを作った者としてまさに感無量です。
主人公なのに長らく容姿が不明だった屑屋、粗忽なヒロインほしのゆめみをはじめ、
止まない雨が降る世界に『生きる』ものたちがどう動くのか、今からそわそわ、わくわくしています。

Daisuki will also stream planetarian through their new premium service. Beta is only in North America though they plan on launching it in other regions http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-03/daisuki-to-launch-premium-membership-to-offer-simulcasts-older-anime-titles/.103932

2 Likes

"New" CM

6 Likes

Visual Arts just posted on their YouTube page a group of people singing/covering Worlds Pain and Twinkle Starlight. Along with the original being played first.

2 Likes

I’m really excited to hear that full rearrangement of gentle jena. Well, I’m just really excited for this anime as a whole.

Not too much longer…it’s getting really difficult to contain my hype.

1 Like

Can it be watched translated anywhere? I heard somewhere that it will take two whole days, ouch.

FUNimation has it for Canada, US, UK, Ireland Friday July 8 @ 12:30 AM ET (9:30 PM Thursday July 7 PT). About a day and a half.

1 Like

Thank you, I guess I really have to wait more than a day to be able to find it anywhere on the 'net.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Planetarian ~Chiisana Hoshi no Yume~ Anime - Episode 1 “The Robot’s Bouquet”

planetarian has now officially aired! However, the upcoming movie will still be coming up in September. As such, all pre-release discussion and speculation on the series should now be discussed in the respective episode topics. For general discussion, refer to the Planetarian Anime General Discussion topic!