Official Angel Beats! Alarm and News App

To herald the upcoming Angel Beats! VN and Charlotte anime, on 22/05/2015 at 23:04 (Japan Time) Visual Art’s/Key released an Angel Beats and Charlotte alarm and news Android app. To my knowledge the app is only available on the Anigema アニゲマ (link is NSFW) Android app store. The installation information page can be found here in Japanese, although helpful screenshots are also included for those who can’t read it. The store page for the Angel Beats and Charlotte alarm and news app is here.

You can also get the .apk file directly from here, password is ‘kazamatsuri’. (I can’t afford a CA signed ssl certificate, so just proceed through the security warning for the site).

After you have downloaded the apk to your Android device, then just install it (you may need to accept app instalations from sources other than the Play Store if you have not done so already) and open the app. The app will download some extra stuff and you are ready to go. Most of the app is pretty self explanatory, so it should not pose any issues for those who can’t read Japanese.

Here are some screenshots of the app:

For those that are interested, Saga Planets (another VN developer owned by Visual Art’s) released a similar app before the release of their latest VN, Hanasaki Work Spring!. The store page for it is here. The direct download link is here (again, password is kazamatsuri).

About アニゲマ:
Owned and operated by Visual Art’s, with apps submitted by many other developers not under the Visual Art’s umbrella, the アニゲマ app store also contains some Key VNs including Tomoyo After, Air, Kud Wafter, and Kanon, as well as Holy Breaker! from H.I design office. Unfortunately the app store is 18+, as it does contain lot of nukige.

6 Likes

This app may not work on Lollipop (5.x.x), has anyone file a report to the developer?

I have tried it on a Nexus 4 on 5.0.1 and it worked fine. Are you sure that everything looks correct on your end?

Just to clarify, it’s not only available on anigema app store. It’s also available on Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.product.abcwatch.googleplay

Of course, it’s probably blocked so only those who access Google Play with a Japanese VPN can download it from there. Big thanks for the apk upload, though!

And yes, me and @Shadowhammers are both having an issue running this app on Nexus 5 running android version 5.1. It might be a 5.1 bug, or it might be a Nexus 5 bug, I don’t quite know >_< Already reported it to them, so I hope they fix it.

P.S. They’re gonna update it in the future and include Charlotte voices~~~

Just out of curiosity, what issues are you both having?

I have successfully replicated an “Unfortunately, ABC目覚ましNEWS [Google Play] has stopped.” error on my Nexus 4 every time I start the app. Is this the same error you mentioned? Strangely, on the very same device the version from Anigema (and therefore from my download link) seems to be working fine. Have you tried that version, does it still not work?

Yup, that’s exactly the same error, I was having. Just a generic crash as soon as I opened the app.

I still have not tried the version from anigema, but thanks for the tip! I’ll try it sometime later~

It’s not blocked. It’s normally available for me, so you shouldnt need a Japanese VPN.

I confirm that.

Can anyone give another mirror please? Anigema is blocked and the direct download is 503 from here.

Try the download again, it may have been overloaded.

Oh cool! So they didn’t put any country restrictions, that’s pretty nice of them :smiley: (I can’t check since I no longer have a non-japanese account)

UPDATES!
Firstly, they updated the version on the Google Play Store. It now works on Android 5.1! Yaaaay~

Secondly, they just added Tomori Nao to the app just a few hours ago. Her voice personality is just sooooo random, and so fun to use XD

@nekonekotea on twitter was able to extract the voice files, for those who wanna check out just the voices without using the app: https://twitter.com/nekonekotea/status/604235277033422848

4 Likes

Super edit: finally got to the main screen attempting to figure out where to control the alarm