Mashiro Witch

Is anyone here playing ましろウィッチ (Mashiro Witch)? It’s a new-ish Square-Enix Japanese mobile game.

I bring this up because there’s an Umineko collab and I lot of us here are fans. Xaki tweeted about it and I think he even made a composition for the event. It’s a raid boss against the one and only Beatrice! Every turn she reads down the epitaph and on the Tenth Twilight, she insta-kills everyone. It’s pretty neat. There’s also gacha items, including Beatrice’s dress, Kanon’s blades, the Sword of Gold Truth, and Maria’s outfit. Beatrice’s voice actress voices the lines and I gotta say, she’s super effective as a video game villain.

Also Ryukishi did art for the cutscenes, lol.

The game itself is pretty fun, it’s stamina-less and I haven’t hit the point where I felt like I need to spend money on it (yet).

Not just the collab. Higuumi sound did the soundtrack for Mashiiro Witch! There’s been ties to When They Cry since the beginning~

1 Like

Looks great but I still have 3 more chapters for Umineko. Does it involve late game spoilers? If not it may be something i can try. Either way 07th Expansion X Square Enix is gotta be great.

There’s no game spoilers, it just borrows the premise. The game is about witches and magical girls so she fits right in. The only caveat is that the whole game is in Japanese so you at least need to know a little bit to get by. (JLPT4 is enough)

Also, I didn’t know that about the Higuumi sound working on the whole OST! I’ve noticed a lot of dai and xaki-sounding songs. So cool

1 Like