Little Busters! Spoiler General

General post-series discussion topic for Little Busters. You may speak freely about the story up to the end of Refrain, but please mark references to EX routes and outside works with [spoiler] tags, providing adequate context in parenthesis. Newcomers, turn back now!

2 Likes

Soooo, in how many ways is the real world in Little Busters depressing? Things we can clearly infer are that Koshiki Miyuki committed suicide and that Kud watched her parents being executed on public TV. Other things I’m forgetting about?

2 Likes

I remember this moment where a bus went over a cliff :cry:

2 Likes

I felt the most depressing moment was that it ended in general/there were no more episodes.

2 Likes

Riki watched his parents die in a car accident (at least I’m pretty sure that’s what happened). That was kind of a big deal. Really, every character has a tragic backstory that gives Angel Beats a run for its money.

1 Like

I think the more of those events where made by Kyousuke and did not happen in the real world.

That aside I have been wondering, in the real world everyone remember about the dream world or only the 5 initials?

I’m pretty sure all of them remember to varying degrees. The heroines and the three bros definitely all remember, but Riki and Rin have select memories.

The “I didn’t remember anything at all about Kurugaya” is pretty telling that Riki has some memories of some things.

Also a question about the general existence of this topic… Why? We’ve been talking about general Litbus stuff post-refrain in the refrain topic.

3 Likes

In the side-stories of Little Busters, the girls seems to be able to remember some fragments. To summarize, I would say that the heart remembers but not the head.

2 Likes

This topic is mostly in response to the need for people to talk about spoilers while reading through all the routes for the LB Bookclub. Saves us from making spoiler topics for every route, and also saves the Refrain topic from getting further clogged with non-refrain talk.

You think so? What makes you think that?

No I completely disagree. In regards to the two brought up by Karifean at least, Kengo’s reactions only make sense if Miyuki actually died; and what else could possibly be Kud’s regret?

2 Likes

Riki needs to pass throught very hard times to overcome the final tragedy so every route have at least one supernatural element (except with Haruka :yahaha:) that makes somehow possible to help the heroine to overcome her problem, make more hard the problem itself or bolth at the same time (like Masato section in Refrain or Midori with material body). Also I don’t remember the Kud’s mother execution beign mentioned in the real world in the end, they talk about the civil war in general.

I really don’t remember about Kengo, has been years since I read the VN, about Kud maybe sound a bit stupid and naive but for me the main problem with Kud was her failures with the english cause she need it to fulfill her dream of becoming an astronaut and because of the constants failures she feels frustrated and start to see it as impossible. Even if in her route she fails one more time at least she feels that has advanced a bit because the help of Riki and the others. To me the execution of Kud’s mother in Tevua’s civil war is make for Kyousuke because help with Kud’s studies is not enought hard to suppose a problem for Riki and the player needs a motif for say to Kud that she should go (We begin with the idea that Riki would unconsciously remember what would happen if he told her not to go like when you can’t choose some elections after clearing a route or when he talks about why he don’t want to go to talk with Kurugaya in one of the elections after clering her route), if I well remember she even knows about the dream world in the end of her route. Other possibility for the Kud regret could be the fact that she doesn’t return to Tevua with her people (I don’t understand why if she choose to go her mother isn’t executed).

Everything aside honestly I like to see the LB’s ending like a perfect good ending :haha:

By curiosity, does Koshiki Miyuki has a sprite in the Perfect Edition ?

I know that A-chan senpai has her own sprite but I never heard it for Koshiki.

Nope, just the CG afaik.

1 Like

Thank you, but I think it is a little sad. Even if it is only for some scenes, she is important for the development of Kengo and she appears more often than the grandfather of Komari, who has his own sprite.

1 Like

Actually I’m pretty certain Kojirou appears a lot more than Koshiki…

You are right. I thought it was the opposite like she is appears almost every time in the common route and she is in some CG.

This was very well written and thorough, probably the best Little Busters! article I’ve read, but there are some things wrong with it.

“The female cast seems largely unaware that they are living in a loop – though they had a hand in creating the world, as newer members of the Little Busters, their hearts were still fixated on their own separate, unrealized worries.”

The female cast is getting closure on events from their own lives, but they are also actively trying to make Riki and Rin stronger. Komari is proof of this. Like Kurugaya and Kyousuke she “breaks” the rules of this world that had been set up. She is the only heroine who shows up in other girls’ routes even after you complete her own. In Refrain we see that this was intentional because she wanted to keep being friends with Rin, and Komari is the one to see her off as the World collapses. The author makes it sound like Kurugaya was the only girl to know about the loop and that was only because she was so strong (and as a tangent, you could say the only reason Kurugaya is quite as strong as she is is because its a synthetic world not limited by the same constraints as ours. Which makes more sense than a high schooler who can basically teleport). So if the boys, Kurugaya, and Komari all know about the Secret of the World there’s no reason to believe Haruka, Mio, and Kud don’t as well.

I also want to respond to his sections on some of the routes, but I have to save something for the bookclub :yahaha:

I have always been of the opinion that the girls realize the secret of the world after their regrets have been fulfilled. This could still fit with Komari’s unique situation.

Kurugaya, does not know the actual “secret” per say, but understands that the world is artificial and that she has the ability to manipulate it. The author attributes this to her “strength”, but I think this word is vague. I would attribute it more specifically to her acute perceptiveness, as well as perhaps the extraordinary discord contained in her heart.

1 Like

Other than Komari after Refrain, none of the other girls have shown any indication that they are in the loop. As the author had suggested before, Kurugaya’s disposition is a lot more perceptive than the rest. Plus, when the author uses the word strong, that doesn’t necessarily mean physically. Just go back up a few more paragraphs and the author writes Kyousuke being the one with “the strongest willpower and greatest amount of unconditional love for both Riki and Rin”.

It’s due to Kurugaya’s strong will to maintain that closeness she had experienced that causes the loop to continue. However since she was not inherently the host, per say, she has difficulties maintaining the loop and inevitably causes anomalies to occur.

The author doesn’t make any suggestion that Kurugaya knows about the loop, but vaguely aware of it enough to try to make one of her own.

Kengo and Masato also being excluded from the female cast due to their strong bond with both Riki and Rin. It’s fair to say that they would definitely maintain a stronger will power than the other female casts (especially since they didn’t carry any burdens that these girls would have).

I believe it’s because the world was losing its cohesion that Komari was able to retain metaphysical knowledge of the synthetic world. Due to the amount of almost agape state of love Komari had for Rin, she was able to manifest herself for a little bit longer despite the “world” losing its cohesion.

1 Like