Little Busters! - Saya Tokido Route & Character Discussion

Oh that is a very clear guide thanks!

I actually don’t know how to do that. D:
Also, I thought this place was allowed to be spoiler tag free?

And… oh, it’s a joke ending. Daaang it. Don’t care QUITE as much now, especially with how long it seems…

I would count it as spoilers as you need to have completed every route to access it. Spoiler tags are just [spoiler]rin likes cats[/spoiler] rin likes cats

This is why I think I should just make a save file for that ending instead of a walkthrough…
Well there is still stupid Riki route to see if you want to see Riki being,well,stupid.

I decided to look through Saya’s route a bit for a thing but in doing so I found this line. Basically Aya had lots of people teaching her lot of different languages but there was one word she couldn’t understand and that that word was “friend”. Aya’s backstory being tragic isn’t really new, but in a story so focused on friendship this really stands out to me. I think was a very well delivered line, it kinda sneaks up on you. The segment is very slow and melancholy so you get settled into reading slower(having to translate also helps). While going slow, they build up to what the word is for about two full pages and then it hits. The implications to what the line meant took some time to sink in as I realized what it means for her to not know that. A very small moment but it really left an impact on me.
If I find what I’m looking for I may have more to say about the ending and things.

2 Likes

Most of Saya’s route is only possible in the dream world. I’m pretty sure (S)aya is just dead, and she wandered into the dream world at some point. That’s what is described in Saya’s Song at least.

1 Like

Yeah I meant more that her as a canonical love interest is debated. The scene at the end of the anime and a couple cgs in the vn kiiiiinda imply it, her being alive at the end helps it too.
She isn’t dead though? The scene at the end has her back as a kid alive. The magic of the world definitely is consistent with only people very near to death can enter as like a cry for help kinda thing.

I don’t think the scene at the end is real. If it is set after the accident and she didn’t die, then it would be set years before the buss accident and the dream world came to be. To me it makes more sense that Aya is a couple of years younger then the rest, and she dies at roughly the same time as the buss accident happens.

She’s playing with Riki in the flashbacks and the scenes at the end though.

In some of the discussion above we’ve just said that the dream world transcends time, it makes some of the weirder Refrain stuff make more sense too(but still not entirely).
There’s also a definite possibility of the area that the landslide occurred in being the same place as the bus crash. It would make a lot of sense in how she found the dream world.

1 Like

Riki is only named in the last one. During Aya’s backstory we hear of a boy who is described as similar to Riki, but they never confirm nor deny whether it’s actually him.

2 Likes

Ahh hmm that is a point actually… It really seems to me that she’s just alive at the end to me, I guess there’s nothing certain about either or.

There’s no good way to word this, but I like it better if she dies. That way we have a complete story. Aya is lost after dying. She wanders into the dream world, receives the warmth for the little busters, then she is able to rest in piece.

1 Like

I guess it’s an “It’s enough”/“It’s not enough” situation. I think the “It’s not enough” is still good in terms of a complete story though, as there’s that scene where Kyousuke is saying that Riki may be able to see her again.

Well, in that case they fucked that up pretty badly in the anime as she runs out and asks Riki to play with her. So if that is true, that the boy doesnt get confirmed as Riki, then this really is weird. There is always also the possiblity of there being a similiar boy to Riki with even the same name, which could also have happened at the same time as the bus accident, which she could have survived and woke up later and met that other boy again. Riki remembering her could just mean, that those memories of her got implemented into him by her coming into the world of the Little Busters. I especially like this theory, since it would mean Aya would still be alive. I will probably have to get back to this after I am finally able to read the route myself.

1 Like

In other news, water is wet. Even with Saya getting the highest amount of episodes they still skipped a tonne of stuff. The reason for Riki remembering Saya being one of them.

3 Likes

It eats my soul not being able to read it, but I just really dont wanna use machine translations, even though I heard they are pretty ok. I just dont want my first VN experience of Saya’s route do be something like that. That being said, one might think why I read through this topic with heavy spoilers. I just dont mind learning more about Saya, even if that may take away some parts of first experience. Whenever I hear about the anime having it done bad, I really wanna read the route. I really hope they can release the patch as planned this summer.

2 Likes

Saya’s route anime timeline is different with vn timeline though so it depend on which one you’re talking about.
VN version goes like this : Aya traveled with her dad -> went back to japan for the 1st time and met Riki -> travel again for roughly 10 years -> went back again for sometime and get into accident.
I think the only instance where Aya mentioned her age is at the earliest of her memories when she was 4 y.o so I’d say she was around ~14 y.o when shit happened.

Meanwhile the anime is this : Back to japan,met Riki,landslide immediately happen later that day.

It was Riki as he also remembers playing soccer with some kids in the neighborhood.

I’d say she’s alive in the anime since it gives way more hope for Aya,like the part where her father trying to find and call out to her when she was trapped in contrast to the VN where we only get to see Aya described about how she was going to die with no one come to help her and probably implied her dad also has it as bad as she is.

1 Like

That’s still pretty vague. Is that exclusive to Saya’s route?

The question is as I stated which Riki remembers this. Because the world of the Little Busters is weird and I am sure it can mess up memories somehow. I wont go into this deeper as I stated all that already in my earlier post.

Komari and Kud have their memories altered, while Mio alters the memories of the others. The master of the dream world being able to manipulate memories is a given.