Little Busters! - Riki Naoe Character Discussion

They all remember bits and pieces of what happened by the time Fall/Autumn comes around.

Hey! Maybe we can get Bababababa to lay down the facts!

1 Like

I donā€™t quite remember what happened in the anime, but it is definitely canonical that Riki does remember. It was shown in the Bokura no Asa drama CDs.

Noted, Iā€™ll ask him next time :v
(i probably wonā€™t)

Ok first I want to clarify what you are talking about. I was about to write a whole post about this until I realised that I might thinking of a different scene than you:

Are you talking about in the true end, when they both wake up in the school; or are you talking about The Last Dream, when the first time Rin discovers that all her friends are gone, as if she didnt have any friends in the first place; and then the second time she goes back and remembers each of the girls and how much fun they actually had together?

We donā€™t need to. Itā€™s in the VN~ How much each character remembers is pointed out.

Anime Yerian, anime. Some of those things didnā€™t even happen in the anime.

This anime is stupid ;_;

Sorry havent seen it

I forgot most of that stuff even happened until the Skype chat raged about how amazing that giving up choice part of the VN is. I think that stuff was skippable anyway really, unless you are a RikixRin fan.

Ehhh, the last dream is their last attempt to try to make Rin seem relevant again. Even, Iā€™ll admit that.

1 Like

What I really remember about this character is Narcolepsy. Well I love to see Riki with Rin.

1 Like

I thought Riki means ā€˜logical treeā€™ :nonono:

Really though, Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ve heard of this interpretation of his name before; care to refresh my memory @Ganesh_Swami?

I might be wrong. :sweat_smile:. I just searched up Japanese name meanings and strength popped up. Sorry for the nuisance as it may be a unreliable source.

Hmm interesting :thinking: Upon doing more research, it seems the Kanji 力 can be read as ā€œrikiā€ which actually does mean strength; although it uses a different Kanji from Rikiā€™s actual name, could that have been intended? :maeda:

1 Like

Riki having Narcolepsyis the worst thing about Little Busters and constantly gets in the way of the story I feel. Also he is by far the worst key protagonist out of the Key VNs I have read. He just isnā€™t interesting and the way every bad end, ends with Riki falling asleep for absolutely no reason is just EH? Its like the game is too lazy to actually create a proper bad end and just takes the laziest route possible. Refrain It wasā€™nt even used for anything. Like what is the point of his Narcolepsy even being in the story if it doesnā€™t even create a single positive to the story?

From what I have understood if Riki falls asleep in every bad end itā€™s because itā€™s a way for him to run away from the harsh reality of life. Itā€™s also a way to represent that he is going to forget everything before doing things better in his next attempt of resolving the route, like if he was ā€œdisconnectedā€ from a game and had to reset.

2 Likes