Little Busters! Fanart

Yup! today’s topic is Kano :smiley: don’t forget to put hastag 'kay :smiley:

#key版深夜の真剣お絵かき60分一本勝負
Nyaa~~

Not too tidy…
1h is not enough to draw theemmm

7 Likes

I dunno, I just like Pixiv more, even though it’s in Japanese. It has less “non-art” stuff like traces and things like “I didn’t draw this, but here’s my favorite picture of Lightning!” If they didn’t draw it, they shouldn’t post it on an art website :confused: (Not to say you do those things.)

1 Like

(dead source) https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/399258

9 Likes

Actually in Pixiv there are a lot of traces too, although there’s almost no “I didn’t draw this but I’m posting this under my account” thing. Also if you happen to find the second case, you should report it - although it’s not really effective.
I also don’t like how people in deviantart just screenshot their desktop and upload it in “art site” for no reason. Generally pixiv is more high in quality but there are some cool stuffs too in DA.

Also, this has been bugging me for a while, but do the people here posting another artists’ fanarts actually have permission to post them here? Even if you credit them by posting the original source or mentioning the artists name, most of them actually don’t allow reprints without permission.
Also you don’t say anything like “I’m advertising their art so they should be thankful!”
This is a serious issue, so I’d like to see a clarity here.

Pixiv is a fair use public gallery, unless explicitly stated by an artist their work is free to be reposted, saved and used unless they explicitly state other wise. It’s common courtesy to be crediting their work though not even a legal requirement. Most of the dislike for reprinting comes from artists who are already printing their work, such as doujins and dakimakura for example.

Made these a few months ago

and more recently

also did these when they were more intrend

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=6580233 my pixiv

10 Likes

Wow, your drawings are so cute!
Also:

[quote=“Pixiv Terms of use”]
IMPORTANT
・Do not post someone else’s work on pixiv.
Do not take work posted on pixiv and post them on other websites, use them in products, or any other action without creator’s permission.
・Do not commercially advertise on pixiv.
・Do not defame, slander users, or invade someone’s privacy.[/quote]
So even without the artist explicitly state that (s)he doesn’t want reprinting, the basic rule is that. Unless the artist say that (s)he’s okay with reprinting.

Seems more like a broad generalization to cover pixiv’s back, I mean it says not to comerically advertise and yet half the artists for an event are advertising their work which will be sold for profit and directly link to sales sites. Generally unless an artist them self is having an issue you’re probably fine. I’ve never had an artist I’ve spoken to be upset about printing or anything unless it was one that is in the process of printing/selling their work. Sites like Danbooru would have long been shut down if they actually had a large problem with it.

Heck pixiv has built in options to post directly to twitter, google +, facebook which are other websites and not specified as ok by the rules there. Aslong as you’re crediting the artist’s website where possible unless they’re explicitly stating an issue it’s probably fine.

I’m with @Tsukari on this one. It may be at odds with Pixiv’s terms of use, but we’re not doing any harm by sharing fanart here as long as we credit the original source. It’s free promotion! If at any point it becomes apparent that an artist doesn’t want their work posted here, I will immediately have it taken down. But I’m sure 95% of artists would be happy to see their work receive recognition here (if they did ever see it here).

Since I will lose the argument here no matter what I say and whatever the rules are, okay, fine. It’s your - OUR choice to disrespect the artists who wished not to publish their work. Yay we’re not harming yay free promotion and yay they must be happy people like their artworks.

I’ll just post something written in ZEN’s website footer (since obviously he’s one of the most famous Key artists)

Also in Misaki Juri’s website

[quote]
■注意書き■
バナー画像以外の画像の転載・複写等は禁じます。(reprinting any other image beside of the banner is prohibited)[/quote]

I’ll let it slide if every of you write the name of the artists and link to their pixiv/website. Also, no sourcing from imageboards like danbo or zerochan.

Yes artists like Zen and Misaki would fall under this. Though again both of these statements strictly word to say not to reprint(転載), not against sharing of their work which evident by their posting to websites such as twitter they are entirely OK with.

TBH I’ve never understood the preference for re-uploading art on the site instead of just pasting the pixiv link. All you lose is a few seconds plus a bit of RAM when you open a new window/tab to view it on pixiv. When you share something from pixiv via the Facebook/Twitter function, you share the link, and not the image. That is totally different from reprinting.

The pixiv terms of use state very clearly what is not allowed. I won’t judge their intents, but it is what it is, and by doing so we are violating pixiv’s terms of use. I’m not thinking about whether it harms the artists or whether it harms pixiv, but only the legal ramifications of such actions.

Of course, @Aspirety has stated that he feels that the site should not disallow such but after all these words, the point I am trying to make is that people should have the freedom to post just a link to the original source instead of re-uploading the images.

so the point of this discussion is that we should not use any fanarts on this site without the copyright holder allowing us to do so?

If so, that would pretty much mean, that almost everyone here has to remove his profile picture, since most of us, dont have the rights to use the picture used.

3 Likes

If it really concerns you guys so much, just get Aspi to contact the admins of those respective sites and ask for permission. Then the matter will be settled once and for all.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I’m a bit confused with your statement.
No reprint, means no republication, no uploading to other sites without their permission.
Sharing their work is OK, e.g. retweet. Or tweet to them a photo of their works, “Hey I just bought this cool doujin comic by @[artist name]” NOT SCANS though. Maybe some are okay with that, but maybe some others not.

For imageboards sites, idk if they got permission or the artists simply never knew that those exist. I just thought maybe we could be more “civilized” here as fellow Key fans.

And the option to post directly to social media, they’re built so people don’t carelessly reupload/reprint the arts. That’s embedding, and that’s entirely different with reprinting. If in any case the artist want to delete a specific drawing for whatever the reason is, the embedded one is also gone, while the reprint stays. Maybe it sounds great for fans to keep the reprints for archive, but if the image happen to offend someone and the artist want to take it off, we ought to respect them and who knows if they’d be bullied just because “a fan” happen to have a copy of their bad image and share it to the world.

Strictly speaking, that would be yes. Unless the creator - whether it’s official Key or someone’s fanart - made them specifically for twitter icons (because why would they made them icons if they weren’t meant to be used)
I’ve seen some cases when the artist outright said that (s)he doesn’t allow people to use their art for profile pic or icons. But yeah, who cares about that.

That’s a good idea indeed. But instead of putting everything into Aspirety’s hand, I’d rather suggest for the reprinter to ask before reprinting. So everyone gets their own share of work.
The problem though… People don’t usually ask because they think it’s too much hassle, there are language barriers, they are afraid that the artists won’t let them “share” their work etc. Actually there are templates in Japanese if you want to ask (you can look that up) and usually the artists are willing to let people reprint their work. But still, for courtesy I think it’s better to ask.

Also sorry for the lengthy discussion. If it feels OOT and improper, the mods have all the rights to delete these whole conversation. We’ve been a sinner for to long, there’s no meaning for us to atone now.

6 Likes

Because everyone everywhere is in desperate need of more Trap!Riki pics, here’s a sample page of Komari, Rin, and Riki as maid waitresses. By Zen!

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=48378493

(This is okay right? From the previous discussion, I’m not sure I understand exactly what is or isn’t allowed to be posted like this)

2 Likes

Nah, don’t worry too much about it. We’ve reached the consensus that everything is alright in here.

I love Trap!Riki but for once I want to see really manly Riki.

How bout some o’ dis?

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=492 Artists pixiv

7 Likes

This is a really nice Komari art

Source: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=14030604

11 Likes