Little Bits of Key News

I don’t understand why people want anime adaptions. You already know what’s gonna happen, so what’s the point in watching a worse version of what you remember?

You are right. I didn’t even watch LB! anime (I wouldn’t even bother, since I have already read the VN). But animes help to bring more fans to the said work.

I usually don’t watch anime adaptations that are finished, because I prefer to use my time to see stuff I still haven’t seen. But if it’s airing, I am probably watching. I like to discuss about the anime, and 1 ep per week wouldn’t hurt that much.

For Rewrite I really want the fight scenes animated. One of the most disappointing things to me about Rewrite was that they teased us in Lucia’s route with that fantastic fight scene, and then never used that tech again. They also just got plain lazier with them, like in Terra just saying “oh hey it’s the earth dragon OOPS we ran out of time lets skip that fight”.
I feel out of all of Key’s works, Rewrite needs to be animated the most.

2 Likes

If they adapted Rewrite for anime, I wouldn’t forgive them if they removed the romantic scenes from Lucia’s route. It was so good… It eased my heart… I think I would list one of that scenes the most romantic scene I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

[quote=“Takafumi, post:43, topic:23, full:true”]
I don’t understand why people want anime adaptions. You already know what’s gonna happen, so what’s the point in watching a worse version of what you remember?
[/quote]For me, it’s to have a condensed view of the events in the story. It also allows for a more “relaxed” setting. (It’s easier to eat while watching an anime, for example. The “auto” thing doesn’t work too well, for me anyway. It’s often either too slow, or too fast, depending on the translation.) Additionally, in the case of Rewrite specifically, I’m very interested in how they’d manage the plot in an anime setting. I have an idea regarding it myself.

Though I do agree that the anime is typically worse. There are still rare moments where the anime does a better job of portraying or playing out a scene than the VN. Not enough to watch an adaptation just for that, granted.

Additionally, I think it’s a natural thing to want to expand the works of something you like so that others may be exposed to it. After all, many of us got into Key works through an anime adaptation of their VNs. (Clannad seems to be the popular one.) People generally consider the original work to be better, so if someone gets exposed to the anime version, and enjoy it, there’s a stronger chance that they’ll look for the original version. So, IMO, anything to increase the fan base is quite welcome. :slight_smile:

For me it isn’t that I just want an anime, more of I just want more goods and media related to the series. It is just something new that relates to the series another telling. When I watched air back in the day for the first time, I really did not like it much at all, but after I read the vn and watched it again, there was still problems with it… but I liked it much more. It was just fun to see them all move around trying to tell the story a different way and all of the problems like not having enough time for the whole story weren’t a problem as much for me now that I had read the story and knew how it went. I don’t care if it is like rewrties op and just shows random scenes it is still enjoyable.

Before I watched air again LB! aired. I was kind of bummed out about the LB! anime at first… but I am still glad they made one, it brought more figures more fans and probably just more money for key lol. At least it didn’t get screwed as hard as the grisaia anime. I think now I actually like the LB! anime quite a bit, I just have to get in a mind set that it isn’t a standalone I didn’t watch the EX anime parts cause I want the translated glory of waiting for the vn paying off the full feel first, then I’ll watch the anime. The “kengo part” I thought was fairly well captured in the anime. I certainly felt the hype of the anime in that one part for sure. Other parts might of seemed more lame, the start of the anime with rin fighting masato, it didn’t give the same feel and wow as the vns slick looking battle interface popping up for the first time, it felt well matched for a game. But you know, you get to see them playing baseball, you see them in different outfits more often little things like that. so imo it still worth a watch I just wouldn’t watch it first or only watch it if you want the full feel.

Sorry, didn’t mean to write so much got carried away lol. Key gets me talking what can I say.

2 Likes

Guys, this topic has a specific purpose, please move discussion elsewhere if you wish to continue it.

Speaking of, I’m thinking of closing this topic. The idea was that it would be used for any news that doesn’t deserve it’s own topic, but is there really any news like that…? The News Category is being underused as it is, this is only making it worse. Let me hear your thoughts.

1 Like

I totally agree with that sentiment. Everytime we have “little bits” of key news, it ends up being pretty damn big news @_@

2 Likes

I moved a post to a new topic: ~rindou~Na-Ga Art Works

Okaaay, I really need to take a stance here.

I’m closing this topic. In future, if you want to post news, please give it it’s own topic! Thanks guys :slight_smile: