Kud Wafter - After Arc Discussion

Discussion topic for the After arc of Kud Wafter. Feel free to discuss the entirety of Kud Wafter without [spoiler] tags, but please tag any references to outside works, with adequate context provided in parenthesis.

Someone on reddit spoke about wafter mentioning Kud being raped on Tevua. I couldn’t find anything on by googling, so I’m sure it’s a misconception but might as well ask. Does that happen?

According to the person that translates KW she isn’t raped
https://hosikuzu.wordpress.com/progress/ (see the comments)

I have read the all ages version so I don’t really know whether there is true proof of her virginity.

So…
Did anyone read Kud Wafter?

I haven’t.

To be perfectly honest, I’ve heard enough bad things that I’m not overly anticipating reading it either. But that could just be me having a jaded mindset.

Please keep in mind, guys, that this topic is specifically for the After route of Kud Wafter. If you’d like to discuss Kud Wafter more generally, use our General Discussion topic instead.

(Yeah, my bad).

Biz and I were discussing it last night. I legit didn’t know the distinction between the routes.

I replied in the general Kud Wafter thread.
Doubt there is a lot to discuss here though; seems not many people read Kud Wafter.

[Watch out for spoilers below]

My thought about the After Route (all ages version):

Really don’t understand Kud’s behavior; seems she is mostly overreacting.
She should understand that it is useless to launch that rocket (and almost blow up her own dog and Shiina in the process); and how would it save her mother even if it would be successful?
Then again, wouldn’t know how I would react if my mother would be in a similar situation.
Yuuki’s backstory was nice though, really explains some of her behavior.

1 Like

@HeliosAlpha This is an old meme that dates back to prior to the TL, but a lot of it’s foundation here is from 4chan and the fact that Kud’s route has the whole chains in the cave scene and people not adding up the part about it being a dream, and a common thing to post when a character is naked on /a/ and /jp/ is “was it rape”, which became a common shitpost in little buster threads. That lead to this post by the fan translators for the anime as a joke http://utw.me/2013/03/17/little-exhibitionists-23/ which a lot of people took to be fact.

@21hunter I thought it was reasonably unreasonable, sort of like. She really is put in a bad situation and she herself hasn’t been taught a ton outside of books due to her upbringing and is jsut doing what she thinks might help her. though it is still rather over played because making mistakes is moe i suppose. I did like it a lot but it doesn’t really compare to her own route for me at all, which was to be expected. More kud was really nice for me none the less.

There was an after route o.o ? What even happens in it ? Wikipedia fails to tell me.

Maybe you should read it to find out :wink:

There’s no translation.

It’s better to wait for a translation (or learn Japanese) but if you really want to know: (warning: heavy spoilers)

It starts mostly relaxing with all characters building a real mini rocket which they launch successfully. However after that, an accident happens in an old module of the space station; and Kud fears her mother is inside since she would be the kind of person to sacrifice herself. Kud becomes very despaired and tries to build a bigger rocket in her despair; however it explodes and almost blows up Shiina and her Strelka. Yuuki becomes angry, scolds Kud and then reveals her own tragic past. Yuuki comes then up with a plan to save Kud’s mother by sending a lot of balloons in the sky and use them to send a message which can save her. The entire schools helps Kud to make the balloons and they launch them. However, for a while there is no contact and thus a lot of despair for Kud again. In the end, there is successful contact and her mother is saved.

Kud is supposed to be smart especially when it comes to space technology; but yeah I suppose it’s to make her more “moe”