Key's visual novels bad ends discussion

Yes I went for the bad ending first, and depending on your choices…in my case I didn’t try to bond with any of the girls and I never even met one of them. So on my play there was no sense of true involvement or sadness and nothing to get upset about. The main feeling was, as I often feel on bad ends, just the lack of true satisfactory resolution and having been nothing but an momentary observer. Basically “things happen and we move on”. And as Pepe says a bad end even if not shocking gives a context to trying to ensure a good end in the routes.

RIP Bad Ends. They died with Little Busters! along with route variations in their entirety.

I almost always avoid bad ends in my VNs so it hurt that Kud, one of my favorites, required seeing her bad end to see the alt end. Although just to confirm Kud’s mom dies regardless in either the good end or bad end right? Little confused because in the anime Kud says she met her mom and now I don’t know if I just read her good end wrong but pretty certain she’s dead and the anime just took some 4Kids creative liberties (not that I’m complaining Kud’s mom lives of course).

I reckon I’ve found the true bad ending for Kanon, there’s only one route where it was ever really likely:

Spoiler - could be significant hint for the True end

At the end of Mai’s route, there is either one choice or a series of choices that lead to Yuuichi’s apparent death. With the final choice when I chose “Attack” after the fight the following text followed ( a few lines omitted for brevity:

I don’t think I’ll be getting up again
My heart is still beating - it must be or the blood could never spurt so far
I stare at it fascinated, wondering how much more there could be

If there’s a gateway ahead… then…
…maybe this was all a dream.
If it was a dream then it was a good dream

I guess it’s time to wake up then…
I didn’t want it to end… I wanted to stay there forever…
Together in that dream with her…

FADE to TITLE SCREEN

There is certainly no future here compared to what we see in the “normal” bad end.