Key's Self-References

They did remake their site a few days ago, and it’s probably not something they use anymore

1 Like

Wow, that’s some pretty obscure stuff right there! I honestly never realize that Hinoue insert character (I was too busy distracted by all the Saitos lol). Really grateful you brought that up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wanted to put a few other references before the end and it’s funny that you talk about Saito, Pepe, because the first ones are Saito references :yahaha:

I’m sure that someone already brought it up but I don’t see any screenshot of it on the topic so here’s the very first appearance of Saito/Saitou:
Saitou%20Kanon

I’ve searched in the scripts of AIR and Saito never appears in it so CLANNAD is the second game of the series where he makes a (glorious) appearance.

Saito/Saitou (斉藤) doesn’t appear in ONE but her “sister” Sato/Satou (佐藤) makes an appearance in the Nanase route:
ONE%20Nanase%20Satou
According to Nanase, she might be one of her friends from primary school but given the situation it’s very probable that it’s a name invented on the spot by Nanase.
I’ve searched in the Japanese scripts of the game and the kanji 藤 (which is the common kanji between Saito and Sato) only appears here in the VN. Now, I don’t know much about Japanese so I don’t know if it has any kind of meaning but I think it’s interesting to point it out :ahaha:

Kanon '06 references a lot the Tactics VNs and a lot of the references are already present in this topic however there is one reference that I don’t think a lot of people have noticed, it happens during the last episode when Shiori is talking about the dream that Ayu is making and the wishes theory:
(Kanon spoiler)

(ONE spoiler)

FGMZ16

And that’s my favorite reference of Kanon. Pretty nice to notice that while the characters have exactly the same pose and kinda the same white background, they also both look like child versions of the cover girls. I really don’t think that’s a coincidence, especially when the anime has already a lot of references about MOON and ONE.

1 Like

It was mentioned about Nanase from ONE in Kanon and just discussing it with Sep7 elsewhere but here she is, a pic to immortalise it before the forum closes!

3 Likes