Key Rough Sketches, Initial Designs and Scrapped Ideas

You people are doing it all wrong, you’re using her appearance to try an guess who she is by who is most similar in the final.
The key is the expression, an expression like that doesn’t belong on the characters you’ve stated like Fuuko or Tomoyo.
Nagisa, Kotomi, even Ryou are more likely answers.
Gut feeling is Kotomi.

1 Like

The answer for that sketch is…

Fuuko.

Yep, that’s really unlikely since she’s so different with her final design. @JimRaynor_2001 got it right. But I don’t know how you could guess it right. It’s just seems impossible to guess.

For Tomoyo lover, here’s several roughs of her.

5 Likes

Fuko is the only character that has stockings like that. If those glasses where a tiny bit smaller it’d be awesome.

But we already have that from CLANNAD anime

¿Por qué no los dos?

2 Likes

holy shit early kotori looks like asuho from hoshizora

HOLY SHIT SHIZURU ISNT A LOLI

We needed more short hair girls in Rewrite, all the girls except for Kagari have long hair.

1 Like

Inoue route is our only hope. On that topic she looks exactly like her rough.

Because her stocking is the same as Fuko’s -3- Dem legs! -3-

Nice Tomoyo sketch too. Almost the same image of the final one.

Tomoyo with wavy hair kinda reminds me to Kanon’s Kaori.

Here’s more CLANNAD rough~

There’s no tag for this rough design, but judging from the clothes we can already guess, right?

Yay, Yusuke Yoshino! He is awesomely ordinary…or is it ordinarily awesome? Oh, who cares? He’s voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa, and that’s really all that matters in the end. :slight_smile:

It’s weird seeing him in glasses, though…

Man he kind of reminds of Sakuya… Reminds me a loooot of Sakuya

1 Like

Yeah, my first thought ran similar too. He’s like Sakuya but with a more gentler expression.

don’t even remember

They just released a couple of sketches of some more characters on their twitter.

A̶p̶p̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶i̶l̶a̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶T̶K̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶N̶a̶-̶G̶a̶’̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶a̶r̶t̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶.̶
Never Mind, apparently this is Angel Beats drawings and it’s just TK and Yuri. Oops. I have no clue why they would link to their charlotte anime website even though this is AB. >.>

5 Likes

Actually, they are supposed to be concept sketches of TK and Yurippe themselves. You can see that Yuri has the SSS armband there.

Having a shared twitter account for Charlotte and Angel Beats is confusing though. I honestly thought the concept Yuri was (Charlotte)Yusa/Misa at first. >>;

4 Likes

That Yuri kinda looks like it was drawn by Hinoue :stuck_out_tongue:

Kind of looks like an odd mix of Hinoue and Na-ga, with her eyes filled in she’d probably look more Na-ga.

Cute though I like it a lot not many girls with a straight cut fringe in key.

I love Yuri’s initial designs. They look… fresh? And somehow reminds me to initial Mio’s design.

Was Shiina supposed to be a man? :o

2 Likes

Is that you Naruto-kun?

1 Like