Key Musical Transcriptions

Our dormitory lost Internet connection so I tend to do a lot of things I usually have no time to even bother with. So yeah this happened. Yay, another MIDI transcription :'D

Wedge is from the Rewrite Anime OST and being an arrangement of Instincts, it’s almost automatically great. Actually, it’s great and I highly recommend giving it a listen because it was never used in the anime lol.

For this one, this was so much easier to transcribe than Yuriha. This didn’t take me as long as I expected. Also, the video is based on Synthesia but Synthesia’s soundfont is terribad so I used two MuseScore-compatible soundfonts instead.

Feel free to use this transcription as a basis for music covers or whatever.

4 Likes

Great piece and great transcription. The piano part looked easy at the beginning but got a bit more difficult in the middle and last parts with interesting left-hand melodies and pedal work. Still, the key signatures are quite easy.

Keep them coming, I really appreciate this kind of work.

1 Like

It’s a shame the website pico-score.com went offline a few years ago - I found it to be a great place for Key piano transcriptions. The arrangement for ‘Onaji Takami e’ got me into playing piano seriously.

I did purchase the physical books from the website, so need to try find them as I think the books came with a CD-ROM containing all the PDF and MP3 files for pretty much every track on a range of Key OST’s (including stuff that wasn’t avaliable on the website for download).

1 Like

I wonder, is @eptakyrios still working on his transcriptions?

2 Likes

Wonder no more (for now).

There’s a lot of edits I made, carved out from small pockets of time. I haven’t uploaded them yet though, since I’m taking the time to view things from a new lens. Lots has happened and for a start, I no longer have free access to a (good) grand, so I’ve slowed down quite a bit. Meanwhile, balancing my hobbies with my other hobbies has proven to become quite a challenge lately. Currently doing some sweeping of the scores; quite a few edits I made on paper during practice have to be transferred.

To name a few major works in progress,
Tori no Uta: though there’s a few bits I’m fond of, I can’t help but feel the whole’s rather bland and second-rate. Attempting a redo. Current version receives some minor tweaks, such as changing out the absurd right-hand for bars 113-114 (personally, I’ve never played that part at full speed without missing every other note). Contemplating overhauling some sections in the third quarter of the current ver.
Kannagi: with time, I’ve come to accept it as a passable effort. Save for the fact that I’d rather punch a brick wall than play it. Changing the ending, simplifying the beginning.
Farewell Song: ungodly. Having spent a good part of the year practicing it, there are many times when I’d feel like my arms would give way thanks to the bigly leaps. But I’ve never felt so exhilarated playing a piece, so rather than scrap it, simplifying current version. Doing a new transcription of Farewell Song that doesn’t restrict as much to the original.
Sousei: the whole piece is tremolo. Finishing up a non-tremolo ver.
Air Main Menu Theme: the real reason behind the delay. Just kidding. But to say that it didn’t put a wrench in my plans would be a lie. Proving extremely difficult to transcribe.

Almost everything else also gets edits. Some of the tougher ones get slightly simplified, mostly the silent but nasty parts like the hidden 4 octave left-hand leap combo in Tentoumushi. Most of the overt challenges, of course, are not touched. For some, whole sections may be changed out, e.g. Natsukage final section, Niji’s final section, Koko’s tremolo, Esoragoto’s intro Some tricky issues will probably take much longer to resolve though if I even find a satisfying solution, such as Niji (pedaling is a real challenge here; the texture in the second half of it gets easily muddy), since I’ll need a grand to test things out. Meanwhile, I’m still wondering if Natsukage sounds too majestic.

Save for the new pieces, the rest will be done and shared altogether somewhere around the year-end to the New Year or so, unless anyone is dying to object or something or other. I guess that’s about it. I’m hoping to get to the Rewrite OST, but it seems like the day is still far off.

@supercoobie
Apologies for the impossibly late reply, but if it’s still relevant, I’m fine with anything. To all, just use these transcriptions however you want. I’m glad if they serve to be useful in the least.

Thank god they’re getting simplified. You shouldn’t put away the old versions though, they were still very good. Specially Natsukage. Even if it sounds too majestic, it’s a hell of a piece.

Actually, what surprises me the most is that you can actually play your own arranges. Most of the people that I’ve seen do different arranges of that level aren’t able to play them themselves.

So I’d like to share a transcription of Hikari ni Yosete (the really beautiful Mio Theme) from Little Busters!, for solo piano. In this folder, there should be a PDF, a MIDI file, and a MuseScore to be found.

Please don’t give me much credit in this transcription – all I did was import to MuseScore the MIDI transcription by mo7779 and tweaked some stuff so it can be played for solo piano. If anything, the biggest change is in the second part - chords supposed to be played by both hands are somewhat simplified so they can be played by only the left hand, while the right hand plays the melody originally played by a string synth. I also sneaked in a brief counterpoint somewhere, and added the final cadence. That’s just it.

As for this particular transcription, there have been arrangements made for this piece before, but this one is a little harder than the ones I know of. I’d say the most difficult part here is in measures 9-16: the left hand constantly jumps between playing the bass and the chords, but it needs to be played lightly… :yahaha:

The rest of the piece is, I think, not nearly as challenging (most of it is played in arpeggio), but watch out for the counterpoint in measure 24. >:D

Have fun!

(I can no longer upload to MuseScore for free :uee: so I’ll just put the sheet music here.)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cyR3EoVlcEFTbZfHIZXjrcjvb7N5J9f3?usp=sharing

(edit: crap, I forgot to remove that stacatto dot in measure 30. please play that in legato ;u; EDIT2: okay I’ll be uploading a revision soon :'D)

3 Likes

I returned to Kaza after some time focusing more on RL issues, and to catch up with Kaza I decided to tackle Summer Pockets. So I installed it and spent a day or two setting up VNReader to get through the Kanji walls. Then I notice that I don’t need any of that because the menu music is already enough to start working on something.

And here it is, a transcription of the menu music (which is curiously named “Summer Pockets”). The beginning and the end of the song were hard to transcribe and there might be one or two mistakes (specially on the note lengths) here and there, but most of the stuff should be just as in the original, just the way a transcription should be. You can check it out in youtube and you’ll find the PDF sheets for the piece in the video description in case you’re eager to learn it (which I’d love to see any of you do).

2 Likes

Just figured I’d leave the link to the sheet music for my planetarian Arrangement Album: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1F10xtcFGrfLmBCSaEvPxZf5v6JX2_j6F?usp=sharing

If anyone wants more specific details of my transcriptions and how I think they turned out, check out my post on Key Music Fan Covers.

Also, if anyone wants a specific type of file besides a PDF so they can make additions or corrections of their own more easily, just ask and I’ll see what I can do. :happy:

1 Like