Kazamatsuri’s 11 Favourite (Non-Key) Anime!

I can’t believe you’ve done this @Aspirety

Gurren Lagann didn’t make the top 11 because Summer Pockets overshadows it now :^)

4 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

We should have had some honorable mentions in there too.

2 Likes

Most of these would probably be on my list as well for non-key anime. I’d probably also include Shakugan no Shana in mine, but that’s because I haven’t watched Melancholy yet.

1 Like

Decent list. Reminds me I still need to post about a Favorite Non-Key Visual Novel.

1 Like

That’s a pretty good list there. I have seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, The World God Only Knows and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I can say I really enjoyed those series quite well.

There are some titles I’ve added on MAL that I planned to watch with Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Steins;Gate, No Game No Life, and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, and Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai as well. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to watch those series sometime. I heard of ef before but I never thought about the series so maybe I’ll give it a look sometime when I have a chance. I’m always looking for some good titles out there to watch since most anime recommendations I’ve watched over the years were pretty interesting.

1 Like

I can highly recommend Higurashi, Steins;Gate and AnoHana as they are some of my personal favorites from their respective genres. Higurashi especially has a special place in my heart.

1 Like

Steins;gate Is at number 5? How distasteful, I’ll begin hacking kazamatsuri if isn’t moved to number one.

1 Like

This is one of the most agreeable top 10 lists I’ve encountered :slight_smile:
I haven’t seen Ef or Pet na Kanojo, but given my fondness for the other entries on the list I’ll have to check them out soon.

1 Like

Thought this was one of those April Uno doodads cause I forgot we did those nominations. Overall I’ve seen everything here so I can’t disagree with this but in retrospect…WHAT DO YOU MEAN GURREN LAGGAN ISN’T IN THE TOP TEN!!! SHIRREEEEEE

1 Like

It’d be interesting to get everyone’s actual top 10’s and contrast them to this list. Wonder how much overlap there’d be.

1 Like

How on earth did Neon Genesis not make this list

:ehhh:

2 Likes

If someone were to tell me that Aspi had actually remembered this voting, I’d call it an april fools joke right away.

All those who haven’t seen every single item on this list, make sure you do! It’s a pretty balanced assortment of must-see anime.

Wow, it feels like it’s been like 2 years since this all started. :deino:

2 Likes

Thats because if I remember correctly this started in 2015 so basically yes 2 years lol.

1 Like

So, other than Steins;Gate which I have on box-set of course, how many of these are available on 1) DVD outside Japan; and 2) with English subtitles? I really don’t do watching shows through streaming…

Our local DVD/Game exchange shop has some pre-owned Anime box sets on its shelves - which surprised me quite a bit - thought I was the only Anime fan in town!

The joke isn’t funny if you go out of your way to explain it. :huhu:

3 Likes

This list contains four of my top five.

And that fifth is Clannad.

The lack of (my favorites that weren’t mentioned) is simply disgraceful. :mad:

That being said I’ve seen all of these with the sole exception of Ef. Not too bad a list indeed. I’ll definitely get around to watching Ef in the near future!

2 Likes

I like it =)