Kazamatsuri Plays The Resistance: Little Busters [Finished - Student Council Victory]

@Naoki_Saten, I never felt like @Mogaoscar was being particularly suspicious myself. Perhaps it’s because I was focused on other people I considered far more suspcious (hello there @Natsume). And since I have more pressing suspicions, it looks quite out of place to me for Mogaoscar’s team to have been rejected by those very suspects.

Unfortunately, there is no simple pattern in that there is a group of four people that have always accepted each other’s team proposals as far as I can tell. But the group of people I accused are close enough to that as far as I’m concerned, with the teams of Necem, Nick and Arete being accepted by Natsume and Necem in particular, who had a tendency to vote REJECT otherwise.

Well then there’s the two of you, @Naoki_Saten, and @Arete of course, analyzing the voting patterns of the two of you for any meaningful conclusions is certainly a challenge. Unfortunately I cannot accept your ‘proof’ for being a buster quite so easily, since it would mean the spies willingly and knowingly rejected the first mission despite the fact that there was exactly one spy in it. That little fact is actually the prime reason I’m suspecting you over Arete at the moment - which is also why I’m still very ambivalent regarding which of the two to trust; it’s not much to go on. I will say at least it’s hard for me to accept that a spy would be as aggressive and outgoing with theories as you have been.

I wonder if I should try to counter the arguments brought forth by Arete and Natsume… I mean what they basically boil down to is “I might be a spy --> I might be lying about all this to get the spies to win” which is a fair point, but, well, I tried to construct my train of thought so that anyone else could follow it just as well. Of course without the premise that “Karifean is a Buster” you may end up with some different conclusions, but I don’t think the reasoning as to why @Natsume, @Necem and @EisenKoubu are my prime suspects requires that premise to understand.

However, since some of the people who’ve brought up issues with my reasoning are Busters in my eyes, I will do my best to address some common complaints.

Mainly, why do I trust @Glenn_Irish? This one basically comes as a direct consequence of doubting @Natsume. As I mentioned previously, they got into a small fight that was convincing enough for me to consider it unlikely for them to both be spies, and since my suspicions of Natsume are quite high, I trust Glenn as a result. There’s also the same reason as with Mogaoscar: Glenn’s team was rejected by some of my other spy candidates. It’s quite possible that Glenn accidently realized the perils of putting two spies on the team and having already locked in the choice and decided to vote REJECT for that reason (rather than because of simply “not trusting themselves”). All of this is still perfectly within the realm of the possible. I just consider it further towards the border of the realm of the plausible than the alternative; that Glenn is simply a Buster who happened to be on the two failure teams. Pretty much the exact same thing applies to @cjlim2007 by the way.

Anyways, I still haven’t heard from a number of people. @Necem, @cjlim2007, @RyuuTamotsu, @Glenn_Irish, what do you think? If I am wrong about even just one spy, or even if I am right but merely one Buster disagrees, that is enough for the spies to grasp victory, so I’m not content to leave such gigantic open ends here.

Oh and @Necem, you know I suspect you but still, I would be quite curious as to what your reason for voting REJECT on @Natsume’s team was, from your perspective. Was there someone on the team you distrust…?

At this point it’s really hard cuz even if we succeed in this round, there could be a student council member lurking in the same team to fail the mission of #5. I haven’t been paying as much attention as I should’ve lately so I haven’t been much help. Sorry about that.

Well, if another mission goes wrong, it’s already game over. So we have to be careful who we want to go on a mission. The only one I think I can trust on this team was Komari (@Naoki_Saten) , so I voted reject. But now that the votes are out, it looks like there was only one or maybe even no spy in this team. Otherwise there would have to be at least 4 approve votes. Since this isn’t the case, the people who actually voted approve for this team are climbing up a little on my ladder of trust. That leaves Rin (@Arete ) as my main suspect, at least for this team.

Sorry about not being active lately, yes I’m okay with being suspected for now, that’s why I approved any team with one of the first failed mission team including myself. Doing that will put more suspicion on us 4 thus which is totally fine. But with a second mission failing, that won’t work anymore.
I’ll probably reject the teams with anyone who was in the failing teams, since the spies have nothing to fear now.

Well that’s a problem since it’s literally impossible to propose a team that has none of the failing team members in them. Or did you just mean @cjlim2007 and @Glenn_Irish, who were in both of them?

Even if you did theres still probably two other student council members that you probably wont be able to avoid.

1 Like

Has gotten to caught up in a good book over the last couple of days and forgot to leave her room
お前ゲロ犬

6 people have been on failing teams, this mission requires 4 people, but as long as 5 people are on the team someone who has been on a rejected is bound to be a member, then again you probably won’t be looking at yourself as a potential traitor, so essentially you are only willing to accept one team of yourself, Karifean, Naoki, Necem, Eisen, and Magaoscar, which is unreasonably inflexible in my opinion. Also please keep in mind that Eisen has been incredibly silent, and according to some of the other members this matches his pattern completely when he has been a traitor in this game before.
So if you eliminate Eisen from your vote, essentially you will never approve of anything.

Sorry for the incredibly late reply, I’ve been having some shit going on IRL and haven’t check the forum in a bit.

I have been on two failing missions so picking me to join yours would be risky to say the least, however as you have said I had a direct confrontation with Netsume who has been acting quite suspicious.
@Natsume has been putting an unreadable amount of pressure on me for accusations I’ve already cleared a number of times, and has been on a failing team which again is never a plus in someone’s favour. I wouldn’t say that is the best critical thinking, but he certainly isn’t someone I trust at this point.

Secondly I would like to point out that I voted approve for the first mission, which was a success.

Lastly I rejected my own mission, which if I wanted to could have not rejected and then made it fail myself. I instead felt uncomfortable with the pressure (this is my first game after all haha) and rejected. Of course this could be a way of currying some kind of favour, but so could anything I suppose.

I know my own innocence, and feel I have evidence to stand by it despite having been in two unsuccessful missions. I will add that I am weary of @RyuuTamotsu (His latest comment has be thinking about him potentially knowing more than he’s letting on), @EisenKoubu (he’s either lost interest or the game, or as other commenters have said he can’t deal with confrontation as a student council member and is just staying silent), and @Natsume )for the reasons listed above). so if a team with 2 of them comes up I will likely reject it.

sigh
No matter what I try, I can’t construct a theory that makes more or at least just as much sense as Kengo-kun’s based on voting patterns. His theory, with the assumption that that the spies are Kyousuke-san, Yui-chan, Haru-chan and Rin-chan, makes perfect sense if Rin-chan

1. Is mostly fine with 2-spy-teams
  2. Gave up on Haru-chan and tried to use her to isolate me during the 4th voting.

I have tried all the other (6) combinations with Rin-chan and Kyousuke-san as a basis but all of them had contradictions.
And it looks like I was the only one who found all of Masato’s behavior weird, anyway…

So I’m on board. I agree with Kengo-kun’s theory since it’s the most logical one. It doesn’t even require him to trust me, which is fine.

It’s starting to get harder and harder for me to think of @Naoki_Saten as a spy, because after reading the entire thread all over again I find it hard to believe that a spy could be acting out a Buster so damn well for an entire game. If he does turn out to be a spy, I tip my hat, but right now I’m more inclined to trust him.

Anyways, as of now my team pretty much still stands. The only thing that kind of threw me for a loop was Ryuu voting APPROVE in this last round… that’s kind of sort of really dangerous and makes me want to put Nick in his place ^^; Still, if I consider him a spy I have to scrap my entire theory as that goes directly against the other spies rejecting @Mogaoscar’s team, so I’ll just assume it was misplaced faith for now…

I don’t want to leave things the way they are since the Busters cannot vote in any missions if they are divided and all spies vote REJECT, but I know I’ve been keeping the game in limbo for a while already so I’ll state my nomination. If it does get rejected it means more voting patterns to analyze I suppose; the people I consider spies are scattered enough we’ll still have more opportunities to come to a consensus and get a team set up. Communication is key here, if there’s anything else I can do to convince the people I consider Busters of my own theory, please say so.

@Pepe, I nominate myself (@Karifean), @Glenn_Irish, @Mogaoscar, @cjlim2007 and @RyuuTamotsu as the mission team for this round.

Well that took a while, but at least we can continue.

Mission 4 Briefing
Mission name: Poppin’ Pancake Party
Mission Leader: @Karifean
Mission participants: @Karifean @Glenn_Irish @Mogaoscar @cjlim2007 @RyuuTamotsu

@Glenn_Irish @Necem @RyuuTamotsu @EisenKoubu @Naoki_Saten @cjlim2007 @Mogaoscar @Arete @Natsume @Karifean
Kindly let me know whether you approve or reject to the members selected for this mission by replying to your role PM or PM-ing me on discord with either “Approve” or “Reject”. Once all votes are tallied, I’ll be revealing everyone’s votes, and continuing from there. Please remember that for this mission, it takes two to fail the mission, so keep that in mind when you vote.

Once again, apologies for the lag in this voting period. I have been quite busy the past days, so I couldn’t follow-up people’s votes. But, either way, we’ve seemed to reach a majority

@Glenn_Irish: APPROVE
@Necem: REJECT
@RyuuTamotsu: APPROVE
@EisenKoubu: MIA
@Naoki_Saten: APPROVE
@cjlim2007: APPROVE
@Mogaoscar: APPROVE
@Arete: APPROVE
@Natsume: MIA
@Karifean: APPROVE

And this team goes on to the mission!

@Karifean @Glenn_Irish @Mogaoscar @cjlim2007 @RyuuTamotsu please send me a PM whether you’d like this mission to SUCCEED or FAIL, and I’ll take care of the rest :wink: Remember guys, this mission needs two fail votes to fail.

It appears that Natsume-San (@Natsume) has also gone missing. Maybe the student council is slowing picking us off one by one…
お前ゲロ犬

As far as I know he’s been active these days…

I was referring to him not voting on the group, not to mention his last post on this topic was over two weeks ago

Yeah I know. I said that because since I know for a fact that he’s been active, it’s weird that he didn’t at least vote.

He might have just forgotten about it. Like I said, I forgot to send a reminder earlier :yahaha: But since majority was already reached, I decided to just push it now

Off role:

Well, there is always the possibility of simply not voting in order to conceal your identity.

Or not. With how quiet it has become, I’m just assuming we’re stuck in a spiral of inter-dependent loss of interest and inactivity.

Nigh-unanimous votes are always unsettling.

There’s three possible explanations:

1. There’s at least one spy in the team, so the student council approves
  2. The student council is too afraid to vote in opposition and confirm Karifean’s theory that way
  3. Most people just don’t care anymore and want this to be over.

and we have no way of telling which one it is

Truer words were never spoken. I actually did not expect this to go through just yet, given the fact that there were still Busters who considered opposing, which would’ve left the spy team with an easy way to reject.

Unfortunately this can go both ways. This mission requires two fail votes to fail, so one spy is not enough to fail it. The student council has an interest in approving and also in rejecting a team with one spy on it. Approving it means the spy will probably gain trust for the next vote, which only requires one fail vote to fail, giving the spies victory in the long run. Rejecting it is simpler; no successful mission. Both carry their own risks.

And in this particular case I can’t even begin to tell which actually happened. Both @EisenKoubu and @Natsume were MIA. Their votes would’ve still been quite interesting.

If there are two spies on the team, then the game is over and I tip my hat to them. Though I kind of expect that if that was the case we wouldn’t still be casually talking about it, the spies probably would’ve already revealed and gloated about their victory, heh. I know I would.

But assuming that’s not the case and this mission succeeds, we are left with the final, decisive questions of this game. Were there no spies on this team? Or was there one? (Any more is pointless to even consider) And if there was one, who was it? Getting these questions right or wrong is what will decide the game.

I’d like to gather a bit of extra information if you know what I mean, but well, first things first, any Busters outside this team, please speak up as soon as this mission is finished. A lack of you on the team could be fatal.

I haven’t posted a lot recently mainly due to exams and being too tired to think about anything. I agree with Karifean that the votes from @EisenKoubu and @Natsume were quite important considering how suspected they were. Anyway, the outcome of this mission is controversial. If the mission succeeds because there’s just one spy, that spy will vote Approve as you guys mentioned so we won’t really gain that much information.

However, if this mission succeeds, I advise that you just change one person in the team and swap it with the one you trust the most. I’d let the odds take care of this. Also, we should start thinking about whether @Glenn_Irish is someone we can trust or not, since that’s gonna be the next mission leader. If we have the slightest doubt about whether we can trust the leader of the next mission or not, then we should just reject it. We can’t take any risks at this point.