Kazamatsuri Plays The Resistance II: Rewrite [Finished - Okaken Victory]

Uwaaaah :shock: I messed up. I should’ve double checked who Lucci picked before putting my vote. Now it just seems like I was bullying her… Oh well, hopefully, this team’ll get accepted…

By the way, Chi-chan (@Hardscope), what prez was doing was just speculating. Don’t take it wrong. She even stated that she now thinks that wasn’t wrong. Honestly, there’s nothing strange about that. I personally even think that Yoshino-kun is most likely the suspect from the second team. And it was her point of view. If you follow the same logic, it’d seem to you that prez herself is the suspect, don’t you think? And for the rest of us it’d be both you and her. But then, again, there’s nothing that clears Inoue-san and Yoshino-kun of being evil. We don’t even know if there’s an organisation member in that team but that’s what we’re going to confirm if this team gets accepted.

Honestly, I think that there’s only one evil guy from the second team. If I were one of the two and part of that team, I wouldn’t count on my partner to make it fail but do it myself. There’s nothing wrong with the team being "fail"ed twice after all. My theory is that there’s only one person… I also think that it was in particular the one with the “Spy” role because 1. There’s at least one organisation member who recognised him and voted “accept” for him, we don’t know if they had identified the Assassin’s leader after all. 2. They have to be careful of the Observer so that he doesn’t identify them as the “Spy” and maybe even so that he’d mistake them for the Loner. If there was a second one… Well, there has to be a bit of communication and I honestly didn’t notice anything in particular. The Assassin’s leader could’ve ended up in the team and it could be that they’re trying to hide themselves but for some reasons, I don’t really think so. So, yeah, what I’m trying to say is that the “Spy” guy is probably on his own inside the second team’s members and that they might be trying to identify the loner. For that, if they really were there, they’ll make the next mission (if the team is accepted) fail.

Voting has ended. @RedRavenW’s vote has been skipped. If he’s skipped during the next voting phase, he’ll be modkilled from the game. The results for this team are as follow:

@Hardscope -------> Approve
@Natsume ---------> Reject
@Khsellhu ---------> Reject
@Kawaii-is-Justice -----> Reject
@Pepe --------------> Approve
@arete -------------> Reject
@LikeANeko ------> Approve
@Necem -----------> Approve
@Kotori ------------> Skipped

Approve votes: 4
Reject votes: 4

It’s a tie! With this result the team can’t be approved, so leadership will pass to the next person to form a team with 4 people. @Khsellhu is the next team leader. You know the drill. Once you’ve made up your mind, tag me and voting shall start.

And it ended up being skipped. I should’ve been more careful. Esaka-san (@Khsellhu) had already stated that he would reject and I assume Shizuru-chan (@Arete) rejected because she was very suspicious of that team containing a spy. Finally Kotarou-kun (@Natsume) becaus of Lucia… Right? In my case, it was a small mistake buuut that’s suspicious since I’m also the one who suggested the team so, yeah. We (or at least, I) didn’t gain much from this… sigh

Anyway, I doubt that we’re gonna use the same team, honestly, I wouldn’t really want that. And it’s @Khsellhu’s, someone who rejected the team, turn next. I’m curious as to what you’re gonna choose. I mean, honestly, I’m fine with almost anything as long as it’s not a team that contains all of the four people who didn’t participate so far.

But we lost absolutely nothing, other than kinda an opportunity to know for sure there’s a spy on the team.

Not to mention Esaka (@Khsellhu) already seems like he’ll be more receptive to input, and since nothing happened this round people may be more eager to participate so things don’t stagnate. Speaking of which, we’ll have to see who his first picks for his team is before we can do much else, unless anyone is sitting on any suspicions they’d like to share.

I am still against bringing up Yoshino-kun (@Pepe) and Inoue-kun (@Necem) for the 3rd time in a row, so I won’t choose them.
For this team pick, I’ve decided to use 4 members who voted “reject” on the team of Lucia (@RedRavenW).
I am interested to see how will mission with them end up.
I do understand that Kotori-kun (@Kawaii-is-Justice) seems to have messed up her vote, but that doesn’t really change anything.
So, I am proposing a team consisting of the 4 following members: me myself (@Khsellhu), Kotarou-kun (@Natsume), Shizuru-kun (@Arete), and Kotori-kun (@Kawaii-is-Justice).

Voting phase has started. Due to problems with a Bot update pushed by the developers, votings for now will be done through Discord PM or Forum message. You have 24 hours to vote on Khsellhu’s team:

Team members: @Khsellhu, @Natsume, @Arete, @Kawaii-is-Justice.

Voting phase has ended and the results are the following:

@Natsume ---------> Approve
@Khsellhu ---------> Approve
@Kawaii-is-Justice -----> Reject
@arete ------------->Approve
@Likeaneko ------> Approve
@RedRavenW ------------> Approve

This means that the team has been approved with 8 approve votes and only 1 reject vote. Khsellhu’s team members now have 24 hours to vote Success or Failure for this mission. Please do so by PMing me on Discord or via Forum Message. Discord commands are still being worked on as of now.

A bit disconcerting that there are so little rejects for this one. You’d think if all the members here were true okaken members, the organization members would reject the team

Keep in mind that characters in the story may perform suspicious actions even if they aren’t organization members in the game. This is to provide a more thrilling story with a decent amount of details.

Esaka, Kotarou, Kotori and Shizuru head off to the headquarters of the suspicious association. They thought that Kotori could distract the guards using her idol skills while the rest got in, so they proceeded this way. Like this, they easily got in and started searching.

They could only find standard documents in the main floors, but once they managed to get to the uppermost ones, the theme of the different research documents started resembling the ones that were being mentioned in some of the documents that they found on the shrine back during the second mission. They found some interesting documents where the origin of some funds wasn’t fully explained, so they took some with them. These could be essential pieces of evidence to bring them down, but they still lacked critical proof to link them to illegal deals with weapons going on, not only corruption.

They spent a good amount of time avoiding guards and looking for said evidence, but it looked like all of the documents in the building had been cleansed from the information the Okaken was looking for. It was as if the “researchers” already knew that they were going to be visited by undesirable kids (because in spirit, Esaka is still a brat, isn’t he?). After all, the Okaken had to give up for the moment: it would be better to back off now than to risk being discovered so deep into enemy territory.

However, as they were going to exit through a back door, they found 4 security guards waiting for them, armed to the teeth. There was no way they could be there unless they had known in advance from their escape route. They had been very cautious to no show themselves in the cameras’ field of view, so the only explanation was that some member had leaked their plan in advance. Kotori was nowhere to be found, but this didn’t mean that she was the one to betray them. Perhaps she had seen the horrible situation she was in and just barely managed to escape.

Either way, the remaining 3 members were taken to an interrogation room, where they were warned and asked for personal information, such as residence, family members, and what they knew for the moment. It was a hard hit to the Okaken operations: the enemy now had a significant amount of information about them to blackmail them with. They could opt to worsen their parents employment situation to put their families at stake, or just to spread around town that they were trespassers and thieves so that no one would employ them.

However, the Okaken wouldn’t give up so easily. They were spared and the Organization allowed them to resume their lives for the time being. They returned to their respective homes and tried to get some sleep. During the next day they saw that Kotori was fine, that she had just backed away after seeing that the guards were ready to block their exit and that she couldn’t do anything about it. It was agreed by everyone that two Organization members had been part of that team. Even though the Okaken still had the lead, they couldn’t make more mistakes if they didn’t want to put themselves in a high risk situation.

So the mission was failed by two Organization members!

Success votes ----> 2
Failure votes ------> 2

With this, the score is as follows:

Okaken ----------> 2
Organization —> 1

For the next mission, the loner anonymously prepared an operation to investigate their fellow Okaken members’ homes. No one knows about this, so for now, the mission is secret to everyone except the loner. Without any information, the next team leader, @Necem, will have to choose a 5 player team.

Also, according to the wikipedia rules, for the mission to result in failure, 2 fail votes would be needed. Due to the current game state, this would result in an almost automatic win for the Okaken, so I’m proposing that if the mission is failed by 1 member, the mission won’t be neither success nor failure, so the Okaken won’t win but they won’t lose their lead to the Organization. Speak your mind about this and try to be as impartial as possible.

Since this matter is a bit sensible, I’d rather have you PM me your opinion about it in either the Forum or Discord. I’ll also open an anonymous poll about it. You may vote during the next day.

• 1 fail vote - no one wins
  • 1 fail vote - Okaken wins

0 voters

To add some insight into the matter, the reason I’m calling for this vote is because basing yourself on purely game theory you’d be able to get a 100% chance at winning the mission and potentially the game. Keep in mind that even then, the Organization could still win the game if the assassin leader guesses correctly who the loner is.

However, I think winning a mission thanks to just game theory without having the slightest risk goes against the spirit of the game of guessing who the Organization members are through their voting patterns, arguments and posts they’ve written…

I know that changing a rule like this at this point of the game is very controversial, and because of this I haven’t unilaterally decided to change it and, instead, I’ve decided to ask you about it. If you still think that it’s unfair to the Okaken, regardless of being an Okaken or Organization member, you’re still free to vote to not change the rules, no one will be judged. ^^

Give it a thought and of course feel free to consult me about anything regarding this issue. Do it privately if possible since depending on your choice you could be suspected by other players.

Players should be the only ones to vote. Spectators shouldn’t vote, and I myself won’t vote either.

I haven’t read the entire post since I’m busy now so I’ll have to make a follow up post later… But I’d like to say I’m very much against the “1 fail vote - no one wins” rule; not because of my allegiance in this round but because it goes against the whole point of avalon. The point of the “two fail votes” needed is that it balances the game when you have to choose 5 players, and almost half of the players are your opponents. With almost a 50% chance of choosing an enemy (assuming you don’t know their identities), having 1 fail vote mean a failure in the mission essentially means that it is very skewed against the players who do not know their opponents. It makes less sense when, with less players, you only need to choose 3-4 members; but for 5 members I say this rule is of the utmost importance.

See, just last round, the game had two fail votes. It isn’t that unrealistic for that to happen again in this round.

1 Like

Last mission had four people and we’ve had two spies in there. To win, we just need to pick the five others who’re basically mission 2’s team + Lucia which is a team that only contains one spy… That’s why we’d win.

Well, given how my team got two spies inside of it, we’ve pretty much nailed a win for Okaken on the next mission. And even if that one by some chance fails, on the mission after the next one.
On another note, this mission fail puts me in a rather delicate position (alongside with other 3 people who were there with me), but considering how this team was proposed by me… I am probably one of the main suspects now.
I am not going to try to persuade you that I am not a bad guy. I have my ideas on who was Organisation members on this team, but I will preserve them for now.

Here’s the number of successful missions each player has been on:

@Natsume - 1
@Pepe - 2
@Necem - 2
@Likeaneko - 1
@Hardscope - 1

The last mission (which was a failure) Consisted of @Khsellhu, @Natsume, @Arete and @Kawaii-is-Justice.
That means that @RedRavenW has not been on a mission and @Khsellhu, @Arete and @Kawaii-is-Justice have only been on a failure mission.

The next leader is @Necem and he needs to pick four other people. Okaken is only one mission away from winning, so all Organization would have voted reject (as long as they followed the rule banning private conversation, which does not concern me because I believe everyone here is trustworthy). Two members voted reject, which means there is one Organization member who was not on that team. I suggest excluding as much of that team as possible this round. Assuming @Necem is not Organization (if he is the mission will fail either way), there are five people who are not Necem and were not on that team - they are @Pepe, @Likeaneko, @Hardscope and @RedRavenW (who has not been on a mission yet).

I suggest @Necem choose from those four people, exclude the one of whom he is most suspicious, and he will have no choice but to pick one from the last team.

Alright, after reading through this again, I get the situation now. If the okaken plays their cards right, it would indeed be a 100% victory for them. Is that fair?

I say: yes, yes it is. It might seem unfair considering I speak from experience out of playing this game numerous times already, but the organization failed to realize one thing: allowing more than one fail vote happen is a very very bad idea. This essentially reveals their identity. In a more advanced game, the organization players should be able to let their other teammates know their own votes (should they decide to bluff) without revealing their true identity to others. By allowing two fail votes to happen, the organization has already failed.

Changing the game to make it a tie for the next mission doesn’t help anyone either. All organization members can just vote to pass the mission, and all teammates will vote success. This provides absolutely no additional information; we might as well just remove the two-vote requirement and just continue the game as-is. At least that way, the organization members will still be pressured to have their way with the mission.

While not going to take any side on this (I also generally consider this to be unfair to Okaken) I want to remind you that in this game we have only 3 members of Organization, and not 4. They were outnumbered and already given a huge disadvantage at the very beginning. Basically, we have 2 evil guys + assassin leader.
If we go purely by this, then I am pretty sure that there were not 2 “evil guys” on the last mission, but 1 of them + assassin leader. They don’t know who each other is, and they had literally no choice, but to vote for the fail.
Indeed, I have 0 prior experience to playing this game, so I may just not know, but I find it almost impossible to communicate between Organization members with current rules. Anyone who would try would be automatically considered to be suspicious (like will be I after writing this post, yep).
All in all, if this rule was stated at the beginning of the game, I would consider it to be fair. But this late in-game, only 1 mission away from winning it seems harsh on Okaken.

Because I can’t see what the extra person voted in the poll, I’m just going to assume that the poll was very close, so, going with what some members have pointed out and following the advice of people in some cases I’ve found while surfing the Internet, I’m going to withdraw that proposition and no rules will be changed or added.

For the next mission, the team will need to have 2 fail votes in order for it to be a failed mission.

Well, I voted that 1 fail vote is enough to prolong the game a litte. But since it did not happen, it would be stupid to take a risky team just to give the organisation a chance.

@Mogaoscar

My Team consists of: @Pepe @Likeaneko @Hardscope @RedRavenW and @Necem.

Voting has started on Necem’s team. PM me on Discord or the forum to know whether you approve the team or reject it. As always, there are 24 hours to do so.

The voting has now ended. The team has been approved with 8 approve votes and 1 reject vote.

@Natsume ---------> Approve
@Khsellhu ---------> Reject
@Kawaii-is-Justice -----> Approve
@arete ------------->Approve
@Likeaneko ------> Approve
@Kotori ------------> Approve

Members of the team that will perform this mission should vote on the mission’s success or failure via PM through Discord or the Forum, although some of you already have done so.

Well, I think it was a pretty obvious result but… Yeah, Okaken has won. We cannot wallow in defeat just yet, my partners. I think that it’s about time we reveal ourselves, as the “bad guys”, don’t you think? Yup, I, Kotori-san, has been an organisation member this whole time! Sorry for betraying you guys and being a spy, that’s just how things are, I still love you all, okay~? Teehee☆

Well, Okaken might be happy and all that they’ve won the missions but we’re gonna turn all of this around. There’s no need to hide ourselves anymore so let’s use this topic to discuss who’s “the loner” among the six Okaken members. Oh yeah, by the way, my role was the boss of the organisation~

So so so, who are you, mister Assassin-san?

@Kawaii-is-Justice, if you’re gonna lie about your role, please try not to do it when the two Organization members know who they are :stuck_out_tongue: