Kazamatsuri Plays The Resistance II: Rewrite [Finished - Okaken Victory]

Too bad no one has solved the minigame. For now I’ll say that it’s a set of coordinates that point to a temple in Kazamatsuri.

Now that the Okaken members have at least one lead, they’re determined to follow it and discover the next piece of the puzzle. They’ve decided to go to see what storage lies in that temple and how to access it. They don’t know much about it and it’ll probably be well hidden or locked, so they’ll need at least a smart member amongst them to solve whatever jigsaws they might find. Also, someone silent and fast would be nice as they don’t know if someone could already be in the storage at the time they get there. Finally, they might also need someone strong to keep the bad guys away while they allow the rest of the team to retreat.

What team will the Okaken put together for this mission? We’ll have to wait and see…

OOC: haha sorry, I tried solving it for like 15 mins but couldn’t figure out what encoding was being used… then I got distracted by april fool’s stuff

So how many team members should I select @Mogaoscar?

You’ll need 4 members. The encoding was that the coordinates had been treated as if they were hexadecimal code and had been transcribed to binary, so converting back from binary to decimal wouldn’t cut it.

I tried aswell but the April fools were strong this year…

The first mission succeeded, but sadly that doesn’t mean anything yet. I guess if there was one organisation member among us, he would vote succeed since loosing the first mission doesn’t hurt much. But now that 4 members are needed and it’s the second mission, every organisation member on the team is very likely to vote fail. Even if all 3 of them are on the team, one of them doesn’t know who their allies are.

So please keep in mind that while voting yes for the first round might be a good thing, just accepting every team is not an option.

For who should go on the next mission… Well it doesn’t really matter yet since we don’t have info on anyone. I would suggest you don’t choose the last team+1 but 4 new members. But in the end it’s your decision.

I also think that it would be better to go with a new team. It may be okay to include someone from a previous team as well, but going with completely similar members may be dangerous. Well, it probably would be either way.
Anyway, even though 1st win doesn’t mean much yet, it is nice to get it.

I’ve decided. For any of these missions, choosing people’s skills don’t matter. A slimy rat will always be a slimy rat, and an honorable member will always make sure the mission gets done.

Oi, camera girl, musclehead and witch. You’re all coming with me. And if you drag any of us down, don’t expect me to come save any of you.

(So I choose @Pepe @Necem @Hardscope and @Likeaneko for this mission)
Ping @Mogaoscar

_As much as I would love to reject the idea of me going I can’t little “camera girl” cast any sort of doubt on me while I’m not looking _

Ok then. Voting for this team’s approval shall start. Please use the discord commands. Were a problem to occur, you cam still vote PMing me in Discord or the forum.

You have 24 hours to vote.

Hey, who are you calling musclehead?!
Oh, whatever…

I get that Yoshino would choose himself to go on this mission, but I though for brevity he’d refrain from choosing anyone else on the first team. He must really trust Inoue then.

This is only an overlap of 2 so its not the worst team in the world, but I’d like to hear @Pepe’s reasoning behind choosing exactly one other person from the first team.

Copied from discord player chat:

I decided to choose a team composed of half players from the previous round and half players who have not participated yet. Naturally I had to include myself, then i chose necem since they weren’t the leader last round. Naturally I had to include myself, then i chose necem since they weren’t the leader last round. As for hardscope and likeaneko; well, they are the last leaders. So it would be good to get some info from them as early as now.

The voting has concluded. The team has been approved with 7 approve votes and only 2 reject votes. The detailed results are the follwing:

@Hardscope ---------------------------> Approve
@Natsume -----------------------------> Approve
@Khsellhu ------------------------------> Approve
@Kawaii-is-Justice ------------------> Reject
@Pepe ----------------------------------> Approve
@arete ----------------------------------> Approve
@LikeANeko --------------------------> Approve
@Necem--------------------------------> Reject
@RedRavenW ------------------------> Approve

This means that the team will carry out the mission.

@Hardscope, @Necem, @Likeaneko and @Pepe should vote using the Discord commands or PMing me in either Discord or the Forum. You have 24 hours to do so!

1 Like

The team headed for the location at the temple and started looking for a way to access the supposed “storage”. From the outside it seemed like a normal temple. If anything it was abandoned to the point that it would be weird if someone still went go there. After an exhausting search, they decided to go home, so they played the bell and made a prayer. At that time, the sound of a door opening could be heard. All members instantly turned to the sound’s origin: a false wall had opened after they tugged on the bell.

They all went inside and started looking for clues, but all they found was regular storage for a temple. Except for one box. There was a very suspicious box standing in a corner: it was full of legal documents. They skimmed over them and realized that they understood nothing. They talked about different cases, evidence brought up to the court, suspect profiles… However, they noticed something common in all of them. Most of them mentioned a certain association, a research group for sustainable energies.

While the group didn’t have much, they all agreed that the association might be the false facade of the Organization they were after. They decided to go back home and do more investigation about it, especially research about what they did and how to access their headquarters to gather decisive proof.

So yeah… MISSION SUCCESS! With all four members voting success, the Okaken is now really close to solving this case. The score right now is:

Okaken - 2
Organization - 0

The Okaken is only 1 mission away from winning the game. Will they be able to pull it off?

For the next mission, the Okaken will infiiltrate the headquarters of said research group. Stealth won’t cut it by itself, as surveillance is present everywhere in Kazamatsuri to lower crime. Perhaps this time a more carismatic member who can distract their guards and persuade them to look away if necessary is what the team needs. Anyway, all of this is actually up to the next mission leader, who is: @RedRavenW.

You’ll have to choose 4 members to go on this mission. Once you have them, tag me with your team composition and voting on the team shall start.

1 Like

Good to know these members proved to be useful after all. However, don’t think this gains my trust for you all. It’s easy enough to bluff your way out and stab us in the back later on.

I had rejected this team a bit on a whim but it ended up as a success :shock: Yaaaaaaay!! Well, how about we try the same members of the second mission for this next one? I mean, we’re not totally sure that this team contains absolutely no organisation members but if it did have one, I doubt we’d had won since… well… There’s no point in making themselves fail, I think? And, we could use this next mission as a confirmation to whether there actually is an organisation member or not in that team since there’s absolutely no way they’d let us win the next one. So, yeah, we use the same team, if we lose then we know for sure that there’s an organisation member in the team and if we win then… Yeah, we’ll pretty much win the game. I don’t think the assassin’s leader has enough info to get the loner so it’ll probably depend on his luck but we can’t do anything about it anyway…

Wow, that actually went well. I rejected our team because I did not want to have 2 members who already were on a mission on it, but it looks like Yoshino did pick the right people. The organisation could have really bad luck this game. If there was by chance indeed no organisation member among us 4, then we just have to pick that team again and the game is over. If there is one among us, their scheme fails. You would only want to vote success as an organisation member to gain trust. If we pick the same team again, they have to vote fail this time. In the end, they gained nothing and they would have only pushed us closer to win.

I say we follow Kotori’s suggestion and choose the same team again.

Hmm… I am not really sure why are you so desperate to promote members of the previous team.
So, I guess I will vote against a team composed completely of members of a previous team.
At this point, the Organization should feel really cornered. One more mistake and they are out of the game…
But that doesn’t mean that we should feel relieved as well. You never know when and where you can get backstabbed in such a situation as we are in currently.

I have a slight hunch that whoever said no has the role to see who is evil and saw that there is someone who is part of the organization in the current team.
Therefore I am actually against having the same team members right now in fact I think I’d rather have the team from the first round go instead

(First sorry for being late i’ve been busy with school, but since im on spring break now im more free)
Hmm, a infiltration mission you say? This will be a touch choice. @Mogaoscar I will have to choose @Khsellhu , @Pepe @Hardscope, @Arete to accompany me on this mission.

I’m going to have to call complete rejection on this unless you explain your reasoning
Why did you suddenly decide to include Khsellhu and Arete into the team?
They haven’t part of any of the previous missions so adding them in all of the sudden seems very risky