Kazamatsuri Awards 2014-2016 Nominations

Here’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a while, and probably should’ve done in 2015, but oh well better late than never! Let’s commemorate the end of the year by celebrating some of our best members and best contributions. I was gonna do it for 2016 exclusive, but since we’ve never done it before, screw it! It’s the 2014-2016 awards now! I’ll start by posting a bunch of a bunch of categories, and I want you guys to nominate people or things that you believe should win the award, which the community will then vote on. Here’s some categories off the top of my head, feel free to recommend more and I’ll add them to the list! The winners (where applicable) will earn exclusive forum badges!

##Best Creative Project
In-progress things are fair game!
Current nominees: Little Busters! Minecraft Build
@Bonecuss’s Aphorism Generator
@eptakyrios’s AIR Soundtrack Transcriptions
@Takafumi’s Suginami Mod
Kazamatsuri Chorus

##Best in-joke
Aka Best Meme. This should be good.
Current nominees: Disappointed Kitagawa :disappoint:
MasaKaga
“A Saito character has also been confirmed”
Angelo
:chibiwot:
MŒ ͜ʖ °)ノ
kfe
Delicious Loli
Okazaki Sushi Drop
Aspi Photoshops

##Best community event
Self-explanatory!
Current nominees: AIR Movie Night
CLANNAD Movie Night
Kazamatsuri Secret Santa

##Best Article
Yeah Kazamatsuri has a blog too! Maybe it was entertaining, maybe it included lots of interesting information. Maybe it was just well-written!
Current nominees: Kazamatsuri Community Interviews Sekai Project’s CLANNAD Team
Special Coverage of the 2016 Key Cafe
What is @key_oekaki? The Late-Night 60-Minute Key Drawing Contest Detailed!
CLANNAD Official English Release Kickstarter Launched!
Special Write-up of the Key Fan Party 2016 at Anime Expo

##Best Podcast
We kinda do a lot of these.
Current nominees: Minagi Route Podcast
After Story Podcast
Shiori Route Podcast
Harmonia Bookclub Podcast

##Best Topic Concept
This excludes meta topics and the mainline Key Discussion topics. Someone came up with a great idea for a topic, and it turned out to be a great topic!
Current nominees:
H-scenes in Visual Novels: Opinions and discussion
Key Game Audio Files
Ridiculous Theories
Who is your favourite Key Character and why?
Dorj-A-Thon
RLDev for Dummies
Try to anger as many Key fans as possible in one sentence

##Best Artist
Specifically referring to drawn/digital art, not music and stuff. Maybe they are super talented, or maybe their work inspires you! Must have posted at least two original artworks here! Speaking of…
Current nominees: @dizzyworld2
@Whitecrow
@chesca
@BlackHayate02
@Ekalina

##Best Musician
Whether it’s playing an instrument or singing, we have a lot of talent here. Maybe they are super talented, or maybe their work inspires you! Must have posted at least two original works here.
Current nominees: @SuikaShoujo
@LinkThinks
@Glenn_Irish

##Best Lurker
Because there’s always that one guy everyone loves who never posts!
Current nominees: @Rincchi
@Uppfinnarn
@Dizzyworld2
@Bizkitdoh
@Natsume
@Necem
@Iotheria

##Best Taste
In girls, games and classical literature, there’s gotta be someone who you think has the best taste.
Current nominees:
@Bizkitdoh
@Kanon
@therationalpi
@Pepe

##Nicest Member
Time for some warm-fuzzies!
Current nominees:
@Pepe
@RyuuTamotsu
@Sonic112003
@BlackHayate02
@EisenKoubu

##Best New Member
Must have started posting and introduced themselves this year! Acknowledge their awesome contributions to the community.
Current nominees:
@DangoDaikazoku
@VyseGolbez
@Khsellhu
@BlackHayate02

##Funniest Member
And I do mean in a “laughing with them” way, please don’t twist this around to be mean!
Current nominees:
@Kanon
@Bonecuss
@IkaCZ
@LinkThinks
@Inuconandoyle
@Naoki_saten

##Most MVP Poster
The member who’s contributed the best discussion of all of us!
Current nominees:
@therationalpi
@Bowiie
@Naoki_Saten

##Best Girl
Just because I wanted an excuse to use the title Best Girl instead of simply Best Member. Let’s split it into two awards! This one is for any female-identifying or non-binary members. Both are to commemorate the (two) members who everyone loves for their awesome contributions to the community, entertaining interesting or just plain great. Without them, Kazamatsuri wouldn’t be Kazamatsuri! Both are only eligible for members who have been Busters for a considerable amount of time.
Current nominees:
@BlackHayate02
@kyuketsukimiyu
@SuikaShoujo
@uppfinnarn

##Best Guy
You better not ship them together! See above. This one is for any male-identifying or non-binary members.
@Pepe
@Karifean
@Bizkitdoh
@RyuuTamotsu

I’ll be updating this post over time according to your suggestions!

4 Likes

I’m going to nominate Aspi’s post from ridiculous theories as funniest. I’m sure many can agree with me as it is like one of the top 3 in most likes earned on a post.

3 Likes

Just link it on a separate line~

It’s a bit hard to dig into my memory bank and try to nominate things all the way from earlier this year, let alone things all the way from 2014… But I’ll try my best and search for some cool stuff that people can look back and be fond of~

Time to share my own nominations!

##Best Creative Project
@Bonecuss, @Aspirety and @Rabla’s Little Busters! Minecraft Build https://kazamatsuri.org/little-busters-minecraft-build/
@Bonecuss’s Aphorism Generator http://aphorisms.kazamatsuri.org/
@eptakyrios’s AIR Music Transcriptions Key Musical Transcriptions
@Takafumi’s Suginami Mod https://kazamatsuri.org/kazamatsuri-org-presents-little-busters-suginami-mod/
@Bizkitdoh’s Kazamatsuri Chorus https://kazamatsuri.org/kazamatsuri-chorus/

##Best Translation Project
@HeliosAlpha’s planetarian drama TLs https://kazamatsuri.org/kazamatsuri-presents-planetarian-drama-2-jerusalem-english-translation/

##Funniest Post
Gonna need to think about this one.

##Most Interesting Post
There’s been so so many. I’ll need more time.

##Best In-Joke
Oh boy. rubs hands
Disappointed Kitagawa :disappoint:
MasaKaga
“A Saito Character has also been confirmed”
Angel Beats! Season 2
Angelo

##Best Community Event
@Yerian’s CLANNAD Movie Night
@Aspirety’s Kazoku Overwatch Night

##Best Article
Kazamatsuri Community Interviews Sekai Project’s CLANNAD Team https://kazamatsuri.org/kazamatsuri-community-interviews-sekai-projects-clannad-team/

##Best Podcast
Minagi Route Podcast
After Story Podcast
Shiori Route Podcast

##Best Topic Concept
H-scenes in Visual Novels: Opinions and discussion
Key Game Audio Files
Ridiculous Theories
Who is your favourite Key Character and why?
Dorj-A-Thon

##Best Artist
@Dizzyworld2
@Whitecrow
@chesca

##Best Musician
@SuikaShoujo
@LinkThinks

##Most Helpful Member
I’ll be back to this later.

##Most Informed Member
Pending

##Best Lurker
@Rincchi
@uppfinnarn
@Dizzyworld2
@MiyazawaLulu
@Bizkitdoh (oh shit)
@kaisoserranon

##Best Taste
@Bizkitdoh
@Kanon (Sometimes he has worst taste though)

##Nicest Member
@Pepe
@RyuuTamotsu

##Best New Member
@DangoDaikazoku

##Best Absent Member
@LinkThinks
@Yerian

##Funniest Member
@Kanon
@Bonecuss
@IkaCZ

##Most MVP Poster
@therationalpi
@Bowiie

##Best Girl
@BlackHayate02
@kyuketsukimiyu
@SuikaShoujo
@uppfinnarn

##Best Guy
@Pepe
@Karifean
@Bonecuss
@Bizkitdoh
@HeliosAlpha
@RyuuTamotsu

I will also keep this list updated as I think of more (and as more categories get added)

11 Likes

My nominations for best in-joke would be
:chibiwot:
and orcas

Also, for the funniest post, as much as I like Ryou, this is just too fun to read.

5 Likes

Just a clarification @Aspirety! Since you’ve gone and nominated multiple things, does that mean, by the end of this thing, people are gonna vote based on the nominations? Or will you just count how many times they have been nominated and use that as the tally?

For that reason, maybe we should pick more than one or divide up the category further. For example, it could be Most Interesting Character Discussion, Most Interesting Route Discussion, and Most Interesting Off-topic Discussion.

Does April Fools count?
https://kazamatsuri.org/angel-beats-season-2-confirmed-2/

2 Likes

@Pepe This is nomination, voting comes later.

I gotta throw in both MŒBOYs and kfe (maybe combined?) for best in joke due in no small part for the sheer amount of podcasting time lost to hysterical laughter.

5 Likes

For now I absolutely want to nominate this post:

by @eptakyrios as “The Monst Interesting Post”.

Gotta think about other categories, though.

1 Like

Most of what I would have picked, everyone already mentioned. Still, who could forget Yerian’s “Delicious Loli” in-joke? I nominate that for Best In-Joke. :stuck_out_tongue:

https://kazamatsuri.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/original/3X/7/6/7615374757e374866b66daf31458629aef352550.mp3

3 Likes

I’d like to nominate @Mogaoscar for Most MVP Poster.

For Best Article I’d like to nominate
https://kazamatsuri.org/special-coverage-of-the-2016-key-cafe/

And @BlackHayate02 for Best Artist

Those are the things that come to my mind for now.

3 Likes

I nominate @Whitecrow for the best artist reward for now, I want to nominate more people but most of them are listed here already haha

2 Likes

Aspirety already nomitated many of the people and projects I wanted to, but I still will add some more.

Best Community Event

Are we counting Kazamatsuri’s Secret Santa as a Community Event? If so, then he 2015 one because the one this year hasn’t ended yet.

Best Musician

I’d like to also include @eptakyrios. The AIR transcriptions are really good.

Funniest Member

I think @LinkThinks should be here too, even if they’re not currently active.

Best New Member

I would almost fall into this category, so I don’t know if I have much of a saying here, but either way I’d like to nominate @VyseGolbez and @Khsellhu. Vyse is very friendly and, additionally, he recently started a Let’s Play topic, so that shows he has initiative. Khsell is a lovely person to have around: He can talk about almost anything and he’ll still say relevant things. He also helps a lot with Japanese translation doubts from other members.

Most Helpful Member

I’d like to include @EisenKoubu here because he indirectly taught me how to write proper analysis posts. He was also really friendly and helped me feel like I was part of Kazamatsuri during my first days here, specially during the Kanon Bookclub.

Another mention in this category is @Pepe. He is an incredibly sweet guy who can make a friendly situation out of any kind of tense argument. While this would fall into the Nicest Member category, this is what helped me see how to share my opinion without making anyone angry and to make friends among this line so, in this sense, he helped me by becoming some kind of role model.

Best Lurker

@Natsume Come out of your cave and post things in the forum!

There are still more things to add. I’ll keep editing this post and we’ll see how many people I end up nominating.

7 Likes

Oi, I totally helped with that… -3- It was really fun to join in with! I haven’t seen it in a while though so I’m not sure how far it progressed.

I would like to nominate the secret butts thread for best in-joke and would like to see it revived. +1 for Kanon as funniest member and best girl.

2 Likes

Best Creative Project

K.E.Y Collaboration Manga The K.E.Y. Collaboration Manga This idea is awesome through and through. I love the concept of seeing these characters meet, and the artists attached to the project are extremely talented. I really hope this ends up happening!

Most Interesting Post

@cjlim2007 for this post regarding Harmonia. Harmonia General Discussion It completely changed the way I looked at the game.

Best Podcast

Harmonia. There was so much interesting discussion here. I had an idea of how truly nuanced Harmonia was before listening, but the podcast made me realize it was even deeper than I had previously realized. You guys are analytical whizzes.

Most Helpful Member

@Yerian really helped me fit into the community when I was first getting my sea legs and fumbling around with the forum’s interface.

Nicest Member

@Sonic112003 One of the kindest, most polite people I have ever spoken with on the internet or IRL.

@BlackHayate02 Whenever I’ve spoken with her, I genuinely feel like she takes interest in whatever conversation she might be involved with.

Best Artist

I love every artist on this site, but my favorite might actually be @Ekalina. Not only does she have a wide variety of subjects, but her unique style really brings a new perspective to Key’s colorful casts of characters.

4 Likes

I hate to say it, but this monster has to be the best topic/concept on the forum:

2 Likes

Well I’ll start by nominating members, rather than posts. I need time to dig up them posts, after all.

#Best Artist
You guys nominated all the ones I could think of, but I think @BlackHayate02 and @Ekalina also deserve to be in the running :wink:

#Best Musician
Adding @Glenn_Irish to the running for his great Nirinsou cover

#Most Helpful Member
@cjlim2007 who I’ve been watching from the sidelines :wink:

#Most Informed Member
@s0ewhat for always posting reliable news (even though he sometimes posts them while I’m in the middle of writing an article lol)

#Best Lurker
@Necem will forever be best lurker in my eyes~

#Best Taste
@therationalpi as his santa last year, and considering his requests, I concede best taste award to him

#Nicest Member
Was gonna nominate Tamo but Aspi beat me to it so… I’ll go with @EisenKoubu

#Best New Member
Also to @BlackHayate02

#Best Absent Member
@Ange
Okay I shouldn’t continue that nomination :yahaha:
@rune_devros for still remembering to say “kaza” in chat

#Funniest Member
@Inuconandoyle for never getting out, no matter how many times I tell him to

#Most MVP Poster
@Naoki_Saten for consistently providing interesting discussion in his posts. You go, bro
Would also add in @Kaze for, despite not having much posts in terms of quantity, the quality is top-notch

#Best Girl
Abstaining because @Aspirety already nominated all the active girls on the forum…

#Best Guy
Who else, but our great leader @Aspirety! If it weren’t for him, kaza wouldn’t exist, so he gets mad props for starting this thing and pushing it to become the best dang ol’ community it can be!

7 Likes

Oh my I am honored. I apologize for the fact I had posted before your articles haha.

2 Likes