Kaza Watches: Charlotte; General Information and Discussion

Hi everyone! So I previously set-up a poll to interest check watching Charlotte, and all 17 voters unanimously decided on watching it together every Friday night. Since discourse has an iffy thing with polls, I can no longer edit the original topic, so I am making this topic to set-up things~

Schedule
Based on experience with running events and whatnot, I’ve decided on a tentative schedule, being:
Every Friday 19:00 (7 PM) CST; Friday 24:00 UTC; Saturday 9:00 (9 AM) JST

Those all refer to the same time but in different timezones, by the way :wink:
If there are people who can’t make it at those times but would like to join, then by all means, post in this topic with a preferred time!

The first schedule will be on Friday, July 10, 2015 and we shall continue every Friday afterwards.

This will be a join-as-you-can event, btw, so feel free to join in when you can, or skip it when you can’t. No pressure~

Voice Chat
I’ve decided that we’ll be better off just using Skype for this. Mumble is great and all, but it takes a good 30 minutes to get everything set-up, which doesn’t really bode well for an easily accessible event. I’ve created a skype group and you can join via this link:

skype:?chat&blob=K7w29IIJQ01G9VXeVEKtc3IGBKJ4w5t1AVRas4DWesl2CgJQuZsE60NGMEitestMihfCOn3BXB0l5VaB

You can copy-paste it on your browser and choose the option to open it with an external application, so that you can join in!
If you’re using chrome, make sure to choose the green link after pasting it in your browser bar, as seen below:

We’ll be creating a group voice call a few minutes before the scheduled time and hopefully start watching on time. Every session, we would be watching the episode that aired last week, so I’m expecting most people to have already watched it by then. But since some of the participants might not have watched it yet, please, no spoilers during the voice call, at least, until after we’re done watching the episode :slight_smile:

Anime
Charlotte will be streamed on multiple streaming sites, so feel free to take your pick! http://daisuki.net should have it available for totally free, so that will make it accessible for most people. But since this is streaming, if you have slow internet, make sure to buffer the video in advanced. We won’t be having a set copy that we will all be watching from, but we will all start playback at the same time.

I guess that’s all the info you’ll need for now. If you guys have any questions, feel free to post them here or on the skype group, and I’ll be glad to answer. Hope you all can join in!

3 Likes

Sounds like fun! I missed the poll, but I would definitely join in on the group to talk about the anime.

1 Like

Sounds like fun; even if I can’t make it every week, I’ll be there whenever I can!

1 Like

Personally, I’ll be watching each episode live as soon as it airs with the Kaza skype group, so I probably won’t be attending this one.

I moved a post to an existing topic: Charlotte Screencaps & GIFs

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

2 Likes

Hey guys, just a reminder! For all those who wanna join this Friday, please be sure to join in on the Skype group. Not much people have joined yet :frowning:

I guess I’ve had a bit of a change of heart. Considering the podcast now takes place the week after, these viewings are a great opportunity to catch up on each episode before recording. I’ll try and be there~

1 Like

I tried to join the group via the link but it doesn’t seem to work for me, or I just can’t figure out how to open it via web browser…

What browser are you using? If it’s Chrome you need to click the green link that comes up.

1 Like

Yes, it is Chrome and it worked. Thank you! I had no clue the green one was anything different…

1 Like

My apologies @_@ I should have linked that in the opening post. Will go edit that now

As conflicted as I feel about the first episode of Charlotte, I will definitely be there to watch it with you guys. It should be interesting. :slight_smile:

Created a Countdown Timer for y’all. Hope you guys can make it!

3 Likes

I moved a post to an existing topic: Charlotte - General Discussion

First episode of that done! I couldn’t really say much, but I enjoyed watching it with everyone.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for joining! Here’s the countdown timer for next week’s event. Hope more people can join in~

If the time doesn’t quite work for you and you wanna join in, let us know if there’s a better time you can suggest :slight_smile:

Hey there everyone! We’ll be starting in around 30 minutes, so if you wanna join, head on down to the skype room :slight_smile:

Bump-a-dump~

We’ll be watching episode 3 in about 18 hours from now, so I hope y’all can join in!

As always, here is the countdown for our event :wink:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20150801T09&p0=248&msg=Kaza+Watches%3A+Charlotte+Episode+4&font=sanserif&csz=1 Gonna start episode 4 on schedule in about 9 hours. Hope you guys can join in!